Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Horseygirl123
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    And unfortunately airlines are stupidly failing to realise this. If they actually took care of all the problems they cause by delays cancellations and denied boarding, people might be far less inclined to seek their full compensation.

I agree. It was the sheer lack of communication - not one member of staff to be seen. There was a deaf passenger who was quite distraught and my daughter on seeing her panic, stayed with her until departure. The only way they could communicate was by text message.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree. It was the sheer lack of communication - not one member of staff to be seen. There was a deaf passenger who was quite distraught and my daughter on seeing her panic, stayed with her until departure. The only way they could communicate was by text message.

Quotes from the regulations....

(i) ‘person with reduced mobility’ means any person whose mobility is reduced when using transport because of any physical disability (sensory or locomotory, permanent or temporary), intellectual impairment, age or any other cause of disability, and whose situation needs special attention and adaptation to the person's needs of the services made available to all passengers;

In applying this Article, the operating air carrier shall pay particular attention to the needs of persons with reduced mobi- lity and any persons accompanying them, as well as to the needs of unaccompanied children.

I have personally never know of anyone being given 'particular attention' with regards to a duty of care. Probably because we only hear about complaints on this thread.

When we were delayed for 27 hours by Jet2, they made no special allowance for my 12 Y/O, type 1 diabetic granddaughter, even though I had informed them of her condition. They couldn't have cared less!
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • CaptainMeatJuice
    Options
    Does anyone monitoring the FR 1585 flight from Fuerteventura to Leeds/Bradford from 21/02/16 know why this flight was cancelled? Or is there a quick way to find out the reason? I've tried calling Ryanair and live chatting them but claimed that they did not know why it was cancelled. I've also tried calling Leeds/Bradford airport but again no success.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone monitoring the FR 1585 flight from Fuerteventura to Leeds/Bradford from 21/02/16 know why this flight was cancelled? Or is there a quick way to find out the reason? I've tried calling Ryanair and live chatting them but claimed that they did not know why it was cancelled. I've also tried calling Leeds/Bradford airport but again no success.
    It wasn't due to land until 10.10pm. It was exceptionally windy at Leeds Bradford over the weekend, especially yesterday afternoon (I live withing spitting distance) average speed 40mph and gusts 55mph and a crosswind. The outgoing flight was nearly 6 hours late departing and Leeds has limited flight hours ie usually nothing after 11pm. So I suspect crew were out of hours and flight restrictions. And it was easier to cancel flight.
    There were a lot of delays at Leeds due to the winds (they are sometimes severe at Leeds Bradford being high and exposed. Some aircraft don't have the specs to deal with crosswinds on takeoff/landing and have to wait for a lull.
    I presume those stuck will have to wait until Wednesday, unless plane managed to fly out today?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pippahall11
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can advise and help me, I am currently in Lisbon and was due to fly home tomorrow at 15:05. I received a text message from Ryanair advising me that my flight had been cancelled. There was a link to rebook or claim a refund. The next available flight with them is on Wednesday which I cannot do as I need to be back in the UK by late tomorrow night.

After looking on their website I can see the cancellation has come due to French air traffic control strikes. I have looked on other airlines (easy jet) and they put an announcement on their website on Friday 22nd (the day before I flew out to Lisbon) advising of this strike.

My question is am I eligible to claim compensation as its obvious that Ryanair knew of these planned strikes 3 days before they advised me and cancelled my flight.

Any advise or help will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks
    I understand that the strike might make it difficult but looking at today's flight schedules from Lisbon it seems the only airline to cancel flights is Ryanair. The morning departure from Lisbon to Stansted took off as normal. We managed to rebook a flight for tonight with Easyjet to Gatwick at a cost of over £200 then had to pay to book a taxi to take us from Gatwick back to Stansted to get the car at a cost of £91.

Do you think we will be able to claim any of that back even if we can't claim compensation?

Thanks
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi,

If RA did not offer any help and left it up to you to make your own arrangements then you should be able to claim it back.

That may sound easy but it won't be, RA will fight you all the way.

If you have receipts it will help.

Good luck.

Hi all, thought I would let you know how I got on claiming my expenses back from Ryanair. After 2 failed attempts at getting my money back and Ryanair fobbing me off with the same letter twice I decided to take the matter further, I managed to find an email address for the head of customer relations so I emailed my complaint to her as well as the Portuguese CAA and low and behold less than a week after that I received the following response-

15/02/2016

Private and Confidential

Ms Philippa Hall
    LISSTN
    Our Ref: 10***89/F****G

Dear Ms Hall,

I acknowledge receipt of your email dated 08/02/2015.

I wish to advise that our Director of Customer Services Mrs Fiona Kearns has requested that I respond to you on her behalf.

I have reviewed your claim and I wish to confirm that we are in a position to refund the following expenses incurred by you in relation to your flight cancellation from Lisbon to Stansted on in January last:

€201.94 alternative flight ticket
    £91.00 taxi from Gatwick to Stansted
    Less the already refunded ticket to the value of -40.40 GBP

Total: £205.08

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced in relation to this cancellation.

I can assure you that Ryanair took all measures to operate as scheduled.

Please kindly submit your bank details (IBAN, BIC, Bank’s Name, Account Holder’s Name) using the below link:

https://complainttracker.ryanair.com/

You can also track the status of your claim by clicking on this link.

Please quote the above reference when replying.

Once we have received the necessary documents, we will process your claim as quickly as possible

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of
    RYANAIR LIMITED

Just goes to show if you persevere chances are you will get the result you want.

:j
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Well done:)

Certainly quick for RA but that was down to you not allowing them to prolong things.

Great result.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Tyzap
    Options

Were you on that flight?

If so did RA look after you by supplying hotel, food etc?

Is there a night time curfew at FUE? that might explain why it could not depart yesterday.
  • CaptainMeatJuice
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Were you on that flight?

If so did RA look after you by supplying hotel, food etc?

Is there a night time curfew at FUE? that might explain why it could not depart yesterday.

I was tracking it for my friend who was stuck out there. They were provided a hotel and some food but it ended up setting off the following day. I don't believe they were given any food the following day though I may be mistaken. He's ended up missing a day of work which he won't end up getting paid for.
  • Tyzap
    Options
    I was tracking it for my friend who was stuck out there. They were provided a hotel and some food but it ended up setting off the following day. I don't believe they were given any food the following day though I may be mistaken. He's ended up missing a day of work which he won't end up getting paid for.

I believe your friends probably have a good case to claim compensation.

They seem to have been affected by a knock on delay and could claim 600 euros each if they so wished. It will all depend on what RA's reason for the delay actually is.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The previous, outgoing flight from LBA was delayed by nealy 7 hours, irrespective of any airport/ATC issues, so I suspect a claim is possible. I don't know what the previous flight was for that aircraft.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport