Starting again with debt....again!

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Lilt & DFOD :hello:

Lilt I know what you mean about inching skinny jeans up bit by bit - I even have to do that with jeggings & they are meant to be stretchy! My problem with jeggings is that they fall down all the time & I keep having to hoik them back up - not a good look. :o:rotfl: Even a belt doesn't really help.

I probably should save up the vouchers but tend to use them for things for the house that I don't want to pay actual money for i.e. toothbrush heads & exciting things like that.

DFOD I'm liking the double whoop. :D

Sunday was quite tiring with DH's friends and the their two wee ones over (3yo & 18m) but nice to see them. Youngest cat was terrified of the kids but older cat was very brave, would normally be the other way around. Think my older cat realised the kids were a good source of food if he sat under their chairs. :rotfl:

Have had a couple of lazy days & back to work tomorrow. :(
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    I am so with you on the back to work. Dreading it with a capital D. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can't call in sick as effectively dock £80 from myself... no sick pay now :(

I agree, my jeans are always coming down. I flash as soon as I start to sit down :( lol. I would be the total opposite for the vouchers. I don't mind buying anything for the house... but if there is something for ME... then it would be vouchers or I don't buy it :) xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hello all, MIA due to lovely work. On day 7 today and then off for 2 days, can't wait for a rest.

One of the girls from work is on mat leave and brought her baby in for a visit the other day so was lovely to have a cuddle. I properly hogged that baby until she was falling asleep on my shoulder. :o

Not been up to much really, just going to work and back. Up to £2.35 on OP again, trying to remember to check every day for surveys.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    I've been having baby cuddles with my 7 week old 'niece' - my besets childhood friends little lady <3 so gorgeous but such hard work... friend is making a rod for her own back. co-sleeping, using her bewbs as a dummy... honestly that baby is permanently shrieking to be rocked and walked around or fed/pacified on her mum! Crazy stuff just reminded me how glad I am that I have a toddler who is nearing 3, sleeps 12-13 hours a night and can tell me what is the matter!! :rotfl:

Hope you enjoy your 2 rest days! You need it :D xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Enjoy your rest!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have been having a peaceful day today, not up to much. Hung two washings out as it was sunny and windy but then had to run out both times to get them back in as it started pelting rain from nowhere. :mad: Still most of the washing is dry after a wee head start in the wind. Also got the shirts ironed for work, only 7 this wash. :cool:

Went out yesterday with DH, he had the chiropractor and sports massage for his back (I need to remind him to fill out his form to claim the money back through work) and then we went for dinner with a Groupon deal I had so nice cheap night even though we stopped off for dessert and a drink in the W£therspoons on the way home. :j

Have been finding it difficult to keep the holiday spending separate from other spending so have got a 0% card (both purchases and balance transfers). My plan is to keep this card for holiday spending only and balance transfer the spending we have already done (flights & deposit for accommodation) and then at least it's not costing interest and we know exactly where we are.

The holiday money we are putting away this month and next should just about cover the spending money so the next couple of months holiday savings can go straight off the 0% cc.

Think we are both feeling a bit down about our spending again, it just feels like we're going in circles. We pay one thing off and another pops up, still finding it difficult to budget properly on a 4-weekly pay - there are always times when we go overdrawn as we are paid on a different day every month. :(
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Not much use on the four week pay.. but don't be down.. you have paid off over £4k - that is not going round in circles..

Telling off over!

Holiday sounds exciting!! Can I come?
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks DFOD, I know you're right, at least we have still made a dent in it. I always feel like we should be paying off more but my main aim is not to add to the debt so it gets bigger rather than smaller. :eek:

As for the holiday - can you stow away in the suitcase? :rotfl: This has actually reminded me that we need to keep checking for train tickets as need to get to Gatwick - worked out cheaper including train tickets and staying overnight! Want to get the train tickets as cheap as possible to keep costs down - DH is hoping for first class. :rotfl:
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Now you could easily take me if you went second class!!!
  • sashybo
    Options
    :rotfl: DFOD.

Did 30 mins of yoga after work today for the first time in ages and feel so much better for it. Need to keep it up. Going for a nice hot shower soon and then into my jammies.

Have a butternut squash and various veg in the fridge to use up so am thinking of making soup. My soup usually goes very wrong so will see what happens. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure