Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• Jez54
    Jez54 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2019 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Yes, you get an email once a month asking you for readings. About 10 min later you get another email inviting you to view the new bill.

Yes, indeed you do.

I gave YE my switch instruction on 31 January, gave them my opening readings on 16 February, and the switch happened on 21 February, all entirely without any problem.

This morning at 0025 I received an email asking for meter readings, which I gave at 0720, noting that my onscreen "Live Balance" updated immediately (and correctly!) and lo and behold at 0730 there was another email in my inbox saying your bill is ready to view online. Which it was.

All 100% correct. All 100% hassle free. Hooray. Well done YE.

Hello, brewerdave, a voice from the past. We seem to be following a similar trajectory.

I've also moved to YE from Together (after being transferred to Together when OneSelect went down, and before that from Octopus, after being transferred from Iresa to Octopus when Iresa went down). So I'm kinda hoping for a quieter ride for a while.

Let's all hope that YE has what it takes to survive. Based on their current performance they are certainly more efficient than any other supplier I have ever used, new / old / big / small.

Mind you, I seem to remember saying something not dissimilar about the good experience I had when joining Iresa ...... hmmm.
  • pamboulton
    Options
    Have been with this company for 4 months and all positive. No problems with switch. Requests for readings and new statements all accurate and working well.
    Cheap Energy Club tells me I could now get a somewhat cheaper deal with other suppliers, but it would have to be a significant saving to tempt me to leave YE - they seem very good.
    Why is the club still showing not enough feedback on YE - there is plenty of positive feedback on this forum.
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been with them since August now - no problems. Just a nagging e-mail every month to enter my meter readings online. I got a particularly good deal, and when this is up this coming August, i'm going to struggle to match it.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also recently signed up for YE on their Green Goose fixed tariff. I go live on 24th April and I'm looking forward to the simplicity of paying a single fixed monthly payment compared to the slightly more complicated arrangement I have with my current supplier (Powershop) where I buy chunks of energy in advance.

Just recently my current supplier has not been offering such good discounts for advance purchase of energy and so it's a better deal to be with YE.

A brief chat with one of their CS team before signing up convinced me they're on the ball and I was also reassured that if a cheaper fixed tariff is launched after I join them, I can migrate to that with no problem or cost.

What's not to like:D
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi fewkeste

As you predicted my powershop account functionality has decreased since I initiated my switch to symbio

Your switch to Yorkshire seems to be running parallel to mine (completing on 24th April)

With symbio I do not receive login details to their portal or give meter readings until the date of my switch

I also have not been given either an account number or customer number

Does this seem normal to you
  • fewkeste
    Options
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Does this seem normal to you

Yorkshire Energy told me there's a 14 day cooling off period then a 7 day switch process. It might be that not until 14 days have elapsed will Symbio make your account 'real' and assign an account number. I suspect up until then you are on the system as a 'prospective customer' - because you could actually cancel.

I have to give YE a meter reading on 19th of this month so I suspect by then an account number will be generated.

I presume it will be a similar timetable for you - so to answer your question, I don't think there's anything to worry about re. not having an account number yet.
  • KeynerEnergy
    Options
    I've switched for about six years now and I have never posted feedback before. In the past, I have had problems with smaller companies however so far with Yorkshire Energy - five stars. I'm on Economy 7, the meter reads were correctly inputted, not reversed as in the case of one supplier, and supplies were transferred on time as promised. I don't have smart meters so diarise to manually take meter readings. Bills have been generated monthly - are accurate and easy to read. They have sent an email reminder for a monthly meter read and an email stating an online bill is ready to view. Hence their email communication is first rate. They say they have taken precautions in the wholesale market to be able to ride price fluctuations - only time will tell.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hmm. I signed up with Yorkshire Energy for electricity only on Weds 24th April. I expected a welcome email at the very least. All I got was a direct debit confirmation an hour or so later. I can now see the DD is lodged with my bank. They still haven't even sent me a confirmation. I emailed them on Thursday to tell them I thought it was rather rude to process the payment method but not to confirm my application, or thank me for signing up or give me any information about what happens next.

I have had no reply to my email - just the auto-reply message to say they have received it.

At the same time I signed up with Zog for my gas supply and within minutes received a 'Welcome to Zog Energy' email giving details of the transfer date, my account number etc..

It doesn't bode well for Yorkshire Energy TBH.
  • fewkeste
    Options
    scgf wrote: »
    I have had no reply to my email - just the auto-reply message to say they have received it.

I recently signed up and like you got the DD confirmation email first and a couple of days later the welcome email.

They were probably busy catching up after Easter - I'm sure you'll get your welcome email shortly. :)
  • Diesel44
    Diesel44 Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2019 at 8:55PM
    Options
    scgf wrote: »
    Hmm. I signed up with Yorkshire Energy for electricity only on Weds 24th April. I expected a welcome email at the very least. All I got was a direct debit confirmation an hour or so later. I can now see the DD is lodged with my bank. They still haven't even sent me a confirmation. I emailed them on Thursday to tell them I thought it was rather rude to process the payment method but not to confirm my application, or thank me for signing up or give me any information about what happens next.

At the same time I signed up with Zog for my gas supply and within minutes received a 'Welcome to Zog Energy' email giving details of the transfer date, my account number etc..

It doesn't bode well for Yorkshire Energy TBH.

Yes I have switched to Yorkshire Energy from Eon for my electric and the first email I received was a direct debit confirmation, you should get a welcome email with a time line of events.
    I have never switched before and what bothered me was giving my bank details to YE on the application form even before a hello.
    After the welcome email, it will go quiet for the 14 day cooling off period, then they will ask for your meter readings.
    My first YE direct debit was the 15th April the same day as my Eon direct debit was taken but from reading other posts it is normal to pay the first payment in advance.
    As yet I have not received my final bill from Eon.
    Also like you, I will be switching my gas to Zog once my electric has been sorted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback