Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• ChrisH1
    Options
    Just signed up from Together Energy. The quotes on MSE are now (presumably) out of date. We're on to Green Badger, from Green Dragonfly. Gone up a bit, naturally.

Seemed a straightforward procedure. Just need to wait and see what happens.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I read somewhere that wholesale gas prices are up 40% since April, and are continuing to climb, so both fixed and SVT prices will have to rise. SVT can maybe hold on for a while to see if things go back down, but for fixed companies need to trade up front.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    Swopped over to YE yesterday and submitted my first readings on line;...all went ok. However, YE do not send an email on switchover day to confirm the switch has gone ahead.

I rang them for confirmation that my switchover had actually gone live and explained I hadn’t received an email asking me for initial meter reads.

I was then informed, a little tersely it has to be said, that I had indeed been sent an email 5 days ago informing me that the account would be live and that I should have submitted meter readings as soon as I got the email! ????

I then pointed out that the email said, quote “your supply live date is expected to be in 5 days time”,....’expected’ being the operative word as far as I’m concerned!

I also asked what was the value of me submitting readings five days before I was even at YE customer. The YE operator got a bit flustered at that point.

I did suggest that YE should be sending a confirmation email on switchover day to all new customers;... the operator said she’d make a note of my feedback.

But I’m up and running with YE,....I’m expecting great things from this new, thrusting, dynamic and exciting company, ...monthly prize draws,... a chance to win a World cruise or free energy for a year, etc etc;

...I hope you’re reading this thread YE! :)
  • caramba61
    Options
    Green Dragonfly is no longer available
  • LyndaS
    LyndaS Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    caramba61 wrote: »
    Green Dragonfly is no longer available

Looks like it was withdrawn last Thursday and replaced with Green Badger.
    Fixed Until 31st October 2019
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    The_Big_Bamboo Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 September 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options
    LyndaS wrote: »
    Looks like it was withdrawn last Thursday and replaced with Green Badger.
    Fixed Until 31st October 2019
    I’ve just got a quote directly from YE website and it produced this:

Tariff Green Badger - Fixed Until 31st October 2019
    Type of tariff Variable

A ‘variable’ tariff that is ‘fixed’ until 31 October,....what’s all that about then?

And even more confusingly, it quotes me £1114.75 for my annual usage,...which is £195 cheaper than my Green Seahorse 12months fixed tariff which I switched over to only 3 days ago.

My annual usage: E=5234Kwh G=15700Kwh :huh:

edit: I just rang but YE office closed today.
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    As a check to my previous post I re-entered all my usage figures but used my sons post code to see if it made a difference to my quote;...it didn’t,...the quote was exactly the same,...however it seems to good to be true.

I then used my daughters post code and that produced a very different result,...it was £1397.30 which would make more sense.

However, it still says this:

tariff Green Badger - Fixed Until 31st October 2019
    Type of tariff Variable
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 September 2018 at 3:10PM
    Options
    As a check to my previous post I re-entered all my usage figures but used my sons post code to see if it made a difference to my quote;...it didn’t,...the quote was exactly the same,...however it seems to good to be true.

I then used my daughters post code and that produced a very different result,...it was £1397.30 which would make more sense.

However, it still says this:

tariff Green Badger - Fixed Until 31st October 2019
    Type of tariff Variable

It appears that people may be signing up to terms and conditions which includes this paragraph:

6.2.1 For the avoidance of doubt, the following are not classed as disadvantageous to You:
    i) Any changes to the rate of VAT incorporated in Your tariff or associated charges.
    ii) Changes We must make due to changes required by a regulatory body.
    iii) Any changes to Your fixed Direct Debit amount.
    iv) Moving You onto a variable tariff.

Interesting!
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

edit: I just rang but YE office closed today.
    Today been Sunday, you mean.

I know we live in a 24/7 society but most energy supply call centres will be closed today, even the big companies like british gas.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eversmart are open 9-5 today.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business