Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    adsk wrote: »
    My experience so far. Signed up for Green Butterfly on 6 August. Today I've had an email with a link for me to register and send meter readings. YE are still estimating a supply start date of 27 August.

When I signed up they were one of the cheapest fixed deals. There were cheaper variable tarifs from other suppliers but I expected (correctly) that prices were on the way up. I was with Flow for a couple of years but their prices are no longer competitive.

You got in at just the right time with ‘Green Butterfly’ on the 6th August. When I signed-up on the 15th Green Butterfly had already been replaced by Green Seahorse, but that was replaced just a few days later with Green Puffin;...each change included a substantial price increase of course.:mad:

Yorkshire Energy are not alone though;...most of the minnow energy companies are replacing their tariffs with depressing regularity at the moment.

If the minnows continue increasing their tariffs they’ll soon be running neck and neck with those dirty rotten scoundrels known as the Big-6;

...and then what?...it’s a nightmarish scenario! :D
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect the big-6 are not gong to be far behind with increases.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The smaller suppliers generally offer fixed tariffs and will buy the energy they expect a customer to use up front. Gas prices really spiked today and there is a threat of a big currency risk surrounding a no deal Brexit, so suppliers are having to be cautious and react quickly to the market.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 27 August 2018 at 11:43AM
    Options
    Just registered for my online account as I have 5 days to go before the switch from Together Energy. Slightly disconcertingly their online portal looks exactly the same as Together Energy's (with same minimal information)...ummmm :think:
    (I'm guessing there's a generic energy portal software that a number of the smaller players use rather than developing their own sites).

Anyway so far YE have been prompt with the communications plus they said it would be 21 days to switch and 5 days time would be around 21 days so bodes well :)
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Just registered for my online account as I have 5 days to go before the switch from Together Energy. Slightly disconcertingly their online portal looks exactly the same as Together Energy's (with same minimal information)...ummmm :think:
    (I'm guessing there's a generic energy portal software that a number of the smaller players use rather than developing their own sites).

Anyway so far YE have been prompt with the communications plus they said it would be 21 days to switch and 5 days time would be around 21 days so bodes well :)
    Yes, I’m just about to submit final readings to TE and noticed the identical looking YE site. I checked the directors and they’re not the same .... let’s see what happens. ��
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A lot of new entrants have initially used fairly off-the-shelf sign up and portal stuff until they've got all of their own done.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Initial YE feedback:

I signed-up for their Green Seahorse tariff on 15th August. This morning I received an email that gave me my account number which then allowed me to set-up access to my online account. I’ve logged-in and all the necessary info seems to be in place.

They want the first readings to be submitted online on the supply start date which should?? be 5th Sept. They also ask that I submit the same meter readings to my incumbent supplier (Avro Energy).

That will make the switch-over from Avro to YE a total of 21 days, which is not too shabby. My son and daughter moved from EDF to Avro recently and both their switches took 35 days.

YE take the first D/D on the supply start date which is pretty much standard practice I believe.

Yorkshire Energy is a trading name of ‘Daisy Energy Ltd’ who provide energy and related services and products,...evidently.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Switch to their Green Butterfly 12M Fixed seems to be going smoothly and I already have a 'live ' balance on their portal - happy so far!
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have one too and it is a negative balance but also says 'credit'

Confusing or what?

I'm in negative credit having been with them for 1 week and paid first instalment up front?

Also there seems to be no way to send a secure message to their support team via the portal.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    aris wrote: »
    I have one too and it is a negative balance but also says 'credit'

Confusing or what?

I'm in negative credit having been with them for 1 week and paid first instalment up front?

Also there seems to be no way to send a secure message to their support team via the portal.
    I agree, it is confusing. After a year with the same interface with TogetherEnergy- I guess I’ve got used to it! At least it’s a real time balance, mine seems to be initial payment less the daily charges as I’ve not submitted any meter readings since the opening ones.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback