Anyone used swiftcover?

Options

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with Swift. cheap prices, can download the policy when needed, can add cars etc online, only need to email proof of NCD and when i wanted to cancel one of my policies i got straight through to somebody on the phone.

I've never had to make a claim but from being a standard customer; i've not had any issues.
  • turvell21
    turvell21 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    had my claim refused as they are unclear im 14 grand out of pocket cheap insurance false economy
  • mark24374
    mark24374 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Had a letter from sc this morning with a renewal policy amount £450 got straight on the phone and told them i had not owned the car for three yrs turns out they have had about £1500 pounds of me for insurance on a car i dont own do these people deal with dvla spoke to someone about this and was told i had to prove i didnt own the car well the solicitor threat came out and he was quite helpful but we will wait and see dont deal with them they will rob u blind makes me wonder how many people they have robbed.
  • rabbity
    rabbity Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently with Churchill, my premium last year was £345, this year despite no claims made and 8 years NCD, it's gone up to £460.

I've been looking around for quotes and SwiftCover is cheapest by £100+. I was about to go with them but having found this thread, I think I'll give them a miss.

I had so much hassle a few years ago with Elephant when some moron clipped my wing that in the end I dropped the claim. The amount of effort and stress when making a claim is just not worth it.

In the end, its worth paying a little bit extra if they deliver decent service when you actually need it.
  • mosmooth
    mosmooth Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 July 2011 at 4:00PM
    Options
    I used Swiftcover to insure my car last year (2010.) First year-£800, this year £1400! I have 12 years no claims and have always paid for NCD Protection. I turned them down then they told me to contact them so they could "look again at the quote." By the way, only 1 windscreen claim in the year and used my Legal Expenses Cover to pursue another driver for damaging my car-cops were involved and useless CPS didn't prosecute him (a coach vs a Porsche!) How can they justify doubling my quote? :think::think:

That was all after the horror story with their utterly useless Legal Expenses Cover. I had to contact them time after time, waiting for action-nothing was advancing. Gave up in the end. Absolutely useless, and the windscreen cover claim was registered as a claim for an accident-luckily I paid extra for protected NCD. :mad:

They are useless. No replies to emails, their phone line is just a cash generator and never answered and their Legal Expenses solicitors are just taking cash and doing nothing. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! SWIFTCOVER ARE COMPLETELY USELESS!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Gater1971
    Options
    Just had my renewal through and had a £400 price hike all I had was a non-fault claim last year and a windscreen claim. I'm almost 40 with 20 years experience under my belt and no fault claims in 19 years can't understand why it so much for me. It took them weeks to arrange with the repair centre to even look at the car and them another week for the to even book it in for the repair. Nobody in the claims team seemed to know what they were doing. I definitely would not insure with them again. The learner driver next door can get cheaper car insurance in their own name than what I got quoted.
  • blacksta
    blacksta Posts: 919 Forumite
    Options
    Been with them for 4 years - hence no problems - everything is online , seems to answer all queries and everything looks fair. but i guess the test is " how they handle claims #"
    I owe £3233 @ 0%
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    blacksta wrote: »
    but i guess the test is " how they handle claims #"

You can easily find the answer to that by searching here and on line!
  • maxd890
    Options
    hello I have auto skoda octavia 1.9 tdi 2001 and 107 000 miles and I am insured by swiftcover So for things after the hurricane who was on January 3 my car has been damaged by roofing flet who fell on my car, I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!, half the car under the door scratched roof arches door Rapana broken mirrors and antenna, so I called and said what's kept me in line with the hour, I do not know English well, I'm Polish, now they have suggested the pay, the price of car funny, sure, but I have a replacement car, the agent said of the repairs exceeds the value value of the car,
    I ask why and for what I pay a contribution if I can not fix it, if I take money expecting a lot of parts listed, and I confirm it with my mechanic, the majority of Polish people have the same insurers dont want to pay for it samson what to do ,
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    maxd890 wrote: »
    I do not know English well, I'm Polish, now they have suggested the pay, the price of car funny, sure, but I have a replacement car, the agent said of the repairs exceeds the value value of the car,
    I ask why and for what I pay a contribution if I can not fix it, if I take money expecting a lot of parts listed, and I confirm it with my mechanic, the majority of Polish people have the same insurers dont want to pay for it samson what to do ,

All insurance companies do the same.
    When you are involved in an accident or need to claim, they assess the total repair cost and compare it to the value of the car. If it's going to cost more to repair the car, they class it as a 'write off' and then give you the value of the car instead.
    You could probably get the car repaired a lot cheaper, but the insurance have a lot of extra costs involved which need to be paid for, and they only use new parts and insurance approved repairers.
    Although you should / may be able to come to an agreement with them where they pay out £xxx.xx for you to have the repairs done privately instead of them dealing with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure