NST June 2018 A JUNE ODESSEY (Staycation)

Options

Comments

• indigowarrior
    Options
    Today marks my 10th NSD and achieving my target of 10 :T yay. So I am going to increase it to 15 if thats okay.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 June 2018 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Mothernerd - Sending you hugs.
    A - Will definitely be asking if it is necessary before purchasing. No need today.
    J - 12/20 NSD. Was a spend day. Brought supports for hands and fingers, as my arthritis in my hands is playing up. Would be good for work/typing. Also brought how to live plastic free book and Living A Life You Love book and study book tonight.
    U - Will be looking into cupboards etc and make sure I will not buy unnecessary and use what already in. Used what was in.
    N - Will bring lunch etc if going out etc. No need today.
    E -Have to make a special effort to more healthy eating. Was ok today.
    O - Will do.
    D -Have DD for money already set up to go into savings. All done for the month now.
    E - Did not do any today. Did not go to work, due to the arthritis. Am taking tomorrow off as well.
    S - Have set my budgets.
    S - Done for now.
    E - Checked in.
    Y - Just read some of a book and chilled out today.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Kerry Woman - do certain foods trigger your arthritis? I find that caffeine does for me,and to a lesser extent, so does sugar.

Today I am grateful for a really useful all-day meeting, for being given a superb gf snack (choc mousse with cream and fruit on top, all in a kilner jar! Not a one-litre one, may I add!), for good conversations, for laughter, for being inside out of the rain, for really good food, for doing another workout, for enjoying the tranquility of the place.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 June 2018 at 7:52PM
    Options
    apple muncher - Not sure if foods/drinks trigger my arthritis. Will look into this. Only had the issue with two of my fingers yesterday. They are already deformed but had issues with typing. Usually have no issue with them.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

sfd 9/10 because I haven't been out all day. I still have bread and milk, only a little of each but should last tomorrow so hoping for another one tomorrow but I will have to see. Its like a game to see how long I can go without before buying anything else.

Mothernerd look after yourself, hugs to you

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

A Ask yourself 'Is this necessary?' Before purchasing anything. No spends today.. When you make a 'to do' list (is it realistic or even possible); Discussed this with friend this afternoon. Could call it a might do list

J June challenge runs from 1st June to 30th. Aiming for tough target. Now 11/20

U Use the food you have in the cupboards, fridge and freezer to base your meals on. Meal plan (for the month or for a few days at a time, whichever suits). Cook from scratch (short cuts permitted if you are feeling stressed) Lunch from stores; tea was 'cooked' by ..DH...fairly inexpertly but he did it..

N No takeaways, coffee, chip or pie shop purchases. Nope.

E Eating well is a form of self respect. Reasonable today.

O Offer help and encouragement to other turtles and people you meet. Be kind to everyone, especially yourself. Waves pompoms wildly encouragingly!! Had to be kind to DD who got rear-ended at the traffic lights, poor kid. She is OK, just a bit of whiplash but quite shaken, her car is driveable but the car of the person who hit her was a wreck....

D Debt or savings payments should be made first - live on what is left No debt other than cc I use for all purchases to get rewards - which is paid off in full every month. Will need to get the cc bill down during the month with payments made daily (PAD thread) to avoid large bill at end of month. nothing today..

E Exercise according to your programme or your ability. Minimum of 3 times a week. Try to get outside every day. Outside twice today.

S Set all your budgets before the start of the month. Food, travel, social, diy, other. Have filled in a lot of the spreadsheet but it is still a wip, will add rest. More to add tomorrow, then need to take stock as cannot possibly need any more food. stock take tomorrow

S Someone, somewhere is worse off than you. Donate to the local food bank or other charity of your choice. Clear some of your clutter and donate the goods to charity. Will be amassing stuff to take to CS as I clear the clutter; also intend to sell better items to pay for hols booked for August. Ironed some stuff ready for photos & charged up tablet for photos. Still to do.

E Every day check in is recommended, especially when things go wrong. 20/30 here I am..

You are the most important person in your life. You are your own longest term investment. You matter. Read this and the daily quotes, take on anything you find relevant and helpful, ditch the rest. Reading, learning & inwardly digesting. Help and support on here is the best..progress slow but steady..keep on keeping on..worried for DD today but she has picked herself up, got petrol & gone back to start early tomorrow..

Go turtles

Hope you are Ok mothernerd..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi lovelies

Today I am feeling the pain of hub being away & having put my name down for over time. I will have done every Friday this month which is very unusual. Pay day next week though & I will be grateful for it.

Decided on our 2019 holiday before so now I am saving for 3 things; Christmas, winter weekend away & our holiday next year. I like knowing what I am working towards & it's in plenty of time I can chip away at it.

Soo much house work to do tonight pffft. I really miss my Friday's off when I work because usually it's my catch up day.

Have a good day all :)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For yesterday

A - very small top up shop done, all considered and necessary
    J - 10/20
    U - continue to eat from meal plan
    N - nothing spent here
    E - not too bad, again more veg would have been better
    O - nothing here
    D - no additional payments
    E - hope
    S - keeping a very tight eye on the finances
    S - done
    E - here :)
    Y - coffee and a chat with my gran
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Solstice Blessings to all !!

Today will be a spend day! So still 14/20

8 litres of milk needed to do until Monday - I am down to 2 and that won't see us through until tomorrow.

Luckily I cashed out some swagbugs and they gave me a fiver last night. So I will use that, as it is not real money. Also not real money is £5 Amazon voucher coming today. Will add to account and use for birthdays. I love 'not real' money.

Real money coming in tomorrow.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sashanut - glad your DD is OK.
    apple - sugar is bad for the joints generally I believe. It seems to be bad for everything at the moment though.

Not much going on here. Went cycling in fairly strong wind last night so it was harder and scarier than usual. Will run today. Kids had an early finish yesterday and two inset days today and tomorrow. DD has a dentist appointment this morning for her braces adjusting and later I need to collect my Tesco grocery order.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family