Real Life MMD: What should I do about the bridemaid's weight?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    My SIL asked her daughters and bro's daughters to be bridesmaids. Took them along to choose dresses several months before the wedding. One of bro's daughters is huge, I'd guess approaching size 30. SIL did best to find a dress that would fit and so forth and when my niece saw herself in it she burst into tears and refused to be a bridesmaid. SIL solved the prob by asking her to give a reading instead.

Niece is huge because she grazes all day and eats junk. It's entirely self-inflicted and she and everyone else in family knows it. Her head is so far up her behind in denial, that when her grandmother gently had a talk about weight and health, she got snarky and now refuses to talk to her grandmother at all, much to her distress.

I'd say that weddings are stressful enough without having fatties in the mix as bridesmaids and I say that as someone who was size 22 and is now size 14. I thought the reading idea was a really good one.
  • purpleweasel
    Options
    leetabix wrote: »
    A related example would be a commercial situation of an aeroplane operator charging an excessively overweight person for the price of two seats as they physically take up more space on the plane (some literally overlapping onto the next seat and requiring the occupancy of two physical seats, therefore depriving the company of revenue for that seat if they hadn't charged for the seat otherwise), compared to a person of average weight taking up only one seat.

i'm smaller than the average person. Can i have a reduction in price please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure