Holiday Rights

Options

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As your flight has been cancelled more than 14 days ahead you are only entitled to rerouting or a refund.
  • Erictfb
    Options
    I purchased two return flights totalling £132 from Monarch on 29 September 2017 using a MasterCard credit card. Am I still covered by s.75 even though the individual flights cost less than £100? Thanks
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi

If you're looking for the latest news about Monarch please see our Monarch Airlines collapse - latest info and your rights News story and our Visa, Mastercard & Amex Chargeback and Section 75 refunds guides.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Dmooro
    Dmooro Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    We have booked a holiday with Jet 2 and paid a deposit. We have just received an email to say there will be building work behind the hotel with heavy machinery and noise disruption. We have asked can we swap to a different destination and they want to charge us an extra £40 each person to do this which amounts to just under the deposit already paid! Do we have any grounds not to pay this?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    is this a £40 admin fee or a cost change? (new destination more expensive?)
  • Oaks79
    Oaks79 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone, I need some advice as don't know what to do!

I booked a low deposit holiday to Orlando for 14 nights for 7 of us for Sept/Oct 2019 with Thomas Cook (flights,villa,park tickets, flexi book etc) back in February this year. But at the beginning of April I slipped a disc in my lower back (confirmed by MRI) now been referred to have injections by a orthopaedic after physio hasn't done anything to improve the pain and movement.

I was a Ltd company (franchise) working under a water meter reading company. I've had to give that up as it involves a lot of walking and bending, so now will not be able afford the payments. I've already paid roughly £2400 so full deposit has been met now, so if I cancel will lose £1800.

Spoke to Thomas cook they said I could change the holiday so thought Disneyland Paris for a few nights at least the kids would still experience the magic, well been told I can't as the original was booked under AirTours, was advised to look for a different destination under the AirTours banner, can't find anything that comes into the £2400 price range and really can't afford anything more seeing as I haven't had a income since the start of April.!

So thought as I booked with flexi book I would take the eldest kid to Orlando and just do Universal but been informed that I would lose £1250 for the 5 I take off the booking plus £400 for the insurance I took out with them so basically £1600+ so leaving me £800.!

I've spoken to the insurance company and they have said I can't claim as I haven't been made redundant and would only be able to claim if the doctor writes me a unfit to fly letter but I can't see the doctor doing that seeing as the flight isn't till next year.!

The girls in my local Thomas Cook have been trying to pull some strings for me but have been met by a brick wall, head office won't budge. This is the longest I've been out of work and already finding it depressing and the thought of my hard earned money going down the drain isn't helping.

Any advice anyone please ????
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oaks79 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I need some advice as don't know what to do!

Any advice anyone please ????

You need to do as you clearly agreed and not hijack article discussion/old threads.

Surely you can see that a significant proportion of people who post here are not getting the help they need..?
  • Oaks79
    Options
    Yes I started a thread, didn't mean to post in here, not quite with it tbh, thanks tho
  • Oaks79
    edited 16 May 2018 at 11:36AM
    Options
    :T
    pogofish wrote: »
    You need to do as you clearly agreed and not hijack article discussion/old threads.

Surely you can see that a significant proportion of people who post here are not getting the help they need..?

Delete my post if you're that bothered
  • Film
    Film Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I booked a holiday with Tui in August to Mexico and it included a 2 bedroom suite as we have are a family of 4 including 2 children (9 and 13). The booking form clearly says "2 bedroom suite". It has since been confirmed (by the operator) that the accommodation includes a 1 bedroom suit and a separate room with 2 double or twin beds. We were very specific that we would only the kids in the same suite and not in a separate room. Although some of the suites have adjoining doors between the rooms, some don't and they cannot assure we would get one. Tui say we would loose our deposit if we cancel, but not if we change it to a different Tui holiday. I feel pressured to choose a holiday with Tui. Do I have the right to cancel and receive a full amount including deposit as the accommodation is not as was described?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback