Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 May 2019 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Thinking of you WaS, I hope WaSp is on the mend
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Options
    My DD is going to have her wisdom teeth out on Monday. Our dentist doesn't do extractions and referred her to a clinic I don't know. I thought she would have a preliminary meeting but they've given her an appointment on Monday to remove all 4 teeth in one go. She's never had a filling before, so she's never had a local anaesthetic. I'm very nervous about her have 4 injections (or more if needed) when she's not had one before in case she reacts. I also don't like that we won't have met the dentist before. I googled the surgery and it had lots of bad reviews recently, although they were recommended by my dentist which is excellent so I don't know what to think.
    Also I do worry that four in one go is a bit much, I had mine done two at a time. I'm very anxious as is she. Not sure what to do. I will go with her and tell them she's never had an anaesthetic before. Should I ask that they only do two at a time? What do you think?
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Just adding I texted the mum of one of my daughters old school friend who happens to be a dentist. She said she only takes two out at a time on one side so I will ask for this on Monday. I get very nervous about making a fuss, but I'm also really scared of something going wrong if I don't.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yes, I think it's very sensible to do 2 at a time. Discuss your concerns with the dentist - I expect they would stop after 2 if they felt it was enough, anyway. (But if it all goes really smoothly they might want to go on to the 3rd and 4th, as might your daughter as it saves 2 visits, recovery periods etc. etc.) Share your concerns about the fact your daughter has never had anesthetic, as well. (Dentists will be experienced at being first time anesthetists).
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    DD woke yesterday with a sore throats and runny nose so I cancelled the dental extraction on Monday. I'm really relieved. I have an appointment with our usual dentist on Thursday so I will check with them about how many wisdom teeth should be taken out at a time, and if they've used that surgery before. I won't rebook her appointment until after then.

It's very quiet here, I'm just prattling on as I need to have somewhere to talk, but I hope everyone else is ok and enjoying the sunny days.

((Hugs)) to anyone who needs them.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone,

Massive hugs, squishes and handshakes today.

Dandy-candy, Best not to go if feeling unwell. I do dislike the dentist myself. have to go back again in week after next. Did not find I needed a filling. Well why does my tooth hurt when I eat and drink cold on my teeth. I have even been getting jaw pain because I can't eat on that side some days!!!!

Penguin nothing trigging just personal

For some unknown reason I suddenly feel so low. Was ok this morning but sat down at my computer and now I want to cry. And realise how much I dislike myself. I want to achieve something in my life. Just feel lost with no direction. Oh well.

Penguin end

Enjoy the weather, keep safe and warm and topped up with fluids.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Massive ((hugs)) Calley. You've had a lot of work lately being a carer, it can be very draining. Can you treat yourself with something like a cinema trip or nice meal ?
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Awww Calley - I can really relate to that feeling. Hope you find some direction soon. Do you have any dreams you can build on? xxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • calleyw
    edited 19 May 2019 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Awww Calley - I can really relate to that feeling. Hope you find some direction soon. Do you have any dreams you can build on? xxxx

I have idea that I have started to work on. Don't want to say to much as it sounds a bit silly when said out loud. Don't worry nothing dodgy honest.

I had plans when with my husband and it all got swept away in a blink of a eye. if am truthful think the rot set in then and I just can't seem to get motivated to do anything really.

My partner is amazing he loves me to the ends of the earth and back again. He will never push me to get a job but has said it would be nice if I could get some income to help us out a little bit more. So for holidays and getting the house finished off etc.

I made a mistake of looking someone I was best friends with on FB. She was hopeless and no direction and now she has responsible job, drives a jag that did not help me either. I am mostly happy with what I have.

Yours

Calley x

• calleyw
    Options
    Massive ((hugs)) Calley. You've had a lot of work lately being a carer, it can be very draining. Can you treat yourself with something like a cinema trip or nice meal ?

Thanks Dandy-candy,

I do go to the cinema and have meals out with my partner. I just have no mojo any longer. been down so long that it seems to the norm.

I suffer with anxiety and I rehash stuff from years ago and then panic about it.

thanks for your concern.

Yours

Calley x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport