Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Oh I used mine as well in town one , then came home and sent my son some photos of some things I had seen for Xmas for me, he used his to get 20% off as well. Happy son and happy mum. Glad you got your discount as well .
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mmmmm- I didn’t complete last weeks targets but didn’t do too bad on reflection.
    I managed 2 NSDs:)
    I lost 1 LB :D
    I didn’t get around to baking Christmas cakes last week - but did them yesterday :)
    I managed 1 swim:)
    So although i did complete them fully I did a nod to them - I’m happy with that

This weeks target
    Use gym membership twice
    No weight gain
    Try to enjoy meal out with dhs family member I’m not best pleased with when we go out for her birthday meal. I contemplated not going but I’ve not seen her since last Christmas and it’s dh only close relative so I’ll go and bite my tongue...for his sake......
    Complete cardigans for grandchildren which have been waiting to have ribs knitted and sewn up for weeks.
    Enjoy some craft time instead of iPad time

I baked 4 Christmas cakes yesterday. Lol it took me longer to clean up as my big old mixing bowl is no more and the new bowl’s sides aren’t as deep. So not only did I struggle with my arm which meant it took me twice as long to mix than usual, but the mixer threw cake mix up my walls and everywhere :rotfl::rotfl: Took ages to clean up. Mmmmmm they smell delicious and are on my kitchen worktop ready to be drip fed sherry and brandy over the next week or so. I might need ah help when it come to rolling marzipan though.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey. You have been a busy bee. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    Wow - my GP surgery has been very pro-active :) I received an appointment to go to a hip clinic on 2nd December and it was only a week ago I visited. It’s at the private hospital about a mile from me - I wasn’t expecting that - I was expecting a physio appointment in a couple of months time. It’s restored my faith in a the practice as until very recently I’ve always been happy.
    I’ve just put a bottom of the fridge veg soup into my soup maker and it is smelling rather delicious.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey. That’s quick then :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    I know Beanie...I’m impressed.

I think we crossed posts the other day Beanie - I’ve just noticed....yes armed police patrolling the markets and main shopping areas. I’ve seen them the last couple of times I’ve been into the big city near me. But when you think of the things that have happened there over the last few years it’s actually comforting and scary all at the same time :eek::eek:
    January spends - £587.58
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You've been having such a busy and productive time since you've been off work. How will you find the time to go back to work :D. I hope you're on full pay a bit longer.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    Options
    Hairy I’ll miss being at home as I’ve fallen into quite a nice routine. I know how much I can use my arm and then stop and rest it when it’s too much - which will be difficult once back at work. I’m really looking forward to going back though as I do love my job most of the time - never a dull moment - I’ll soon get back in the groove. I feel nearly ready now but I didn’t previously. I’ll still do my knitting as I can only do short bursts now and I’ll always make time to go out and about with dh and ds - it’ll be my relaxation time that’ll go. I’ve always made Christmas cakes so that won’t change - I think since I was a teenager at home there’s only ever been 1 year I didn’t make at least one - and that was when I was really ill after stomach surgery. I can go for a swim straight from work - I’ll juggle things and do what I can and what doesn’t get done can wait until school holidays. Got to admit I’m not looking forward to the cold mornings and playtimes.....

My gdd was 6 yesterday and we phone messaged - not the same as actually seeing her though. Wish we were closer. She had a great day by the sound of it :D
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    I had a rubbish eating day yesterday - all sorts of rubbish passed my lips and I didn’t even care - don’t know what got into me....actually I do know - I’d been putting doing my finances off and didn’t want to look at my wages. :o ostrich in sand moment :eek: I’d planned a swim and then knitting but that didn’t happen - but a day in front of the tv and all day snacking did....I regret it now but can’t turn the clock back. Onward and upwards ;)

I actually looked at my finances last night - I had been paid full pay - which was a relief. I paid my cc in full and because I have been watching my spending most of the time I’ve been off work - I should be ok even if I go on half pay next month. I’m hoping to get back to work at the end of this sick note. I’m well on my way with Christmas present shopping, have over £100 in Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s vouchers saved for food shopping but will be going to dds over Christmas for 3 days so that should do nicely for me :money::beer:
    I cashed my Mr T vouchers into restaurant vouchers so we can have two meals out on them over the festivities :money::D So my Mr T credit card does still pay quite nicely even though it’s not as generous as it used to be. I was thinking back a few years to when I borrowed from Peter to pay Paul and most of Christmas went on a cc where I did my famous hide my head in the sand act until about Easter when it all started over again. So even though I had a moment of not wanting to look at finances - life is sooooo much better on the cash front - like a different world :T:T

I’ve got a carvery meal later for dh sisters birthday. I haven’t seen her since before last Christmas so might be interesting - I’ll need to bite my tongue and not say anything about how annoyed I was with her or how cars and telephones work in 2 directions...it’s past now and she is dh only close relative.....how does that saying go - you can pick your friends but not your relatives .....so true :o

Well that was a lot of whinging - Happy Thursday everyone. Whinging is now over and all is well now I’ve got that one ff my chest :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Aren’t you lucky to have us as your friends. :p

Good news on the finances.
    Hope all goes well later.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback