NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Options

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clc - Someone in the school where I am temping also uses how many school get ups as well. A very good way to countdown till the summer holidays also for other school holidays.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • EarlyRetirement
    EarlyRetirement Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2018 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Plumduff55 Looking forward to the day I can retire early in the next couple of years. Sounds like you are enjoying every minute.

NSD 6/15

USED - Used one of the tubs of red currants that i picked from the garden and made red currant muffins. Will take as a snack to work with my morning cup of tea.

EVERY DAY - Grateful the sun is still shining, Mr ER has sorted out is tools and a visit from thr grandchildren.

JUMP - Had a meeting that would have taken me 10 minutes in the car so I walked there and back today.

LOSE - 3 parcels ready to post in the morning. When i got home from work Mr ER has sorted out a pile of stuff for next weeks carboot sale. Never thought I would see the day where he gets rid of some of his tools. :rotfl:

Have a good evening all.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting so much done at work, for others noticing what I'd done, for clearing out a lot of tat, for being able to help out other people, for a cooler evening, for dd enjoying the garden, for scrummy red gooseberries.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSDs – @#6/13

Set budgets - all as expected.
    Use things up – slowly working through stuff in hand and trying not to replace unless there is a very good offer as it will get used up eventually.
    Revisit targets – need to do this
    Vacation time – nothing booked but hoping to arrange some catch ups with friends that have moved away.
    Inspire others – still looking for some!
    Value for money – using cashback, money off coupons and product offers to make pennies go further.
    Every day report in – trying to make a weekly post but do read on a daily basis.
    Jump – minimal extra activity as I’m struggling with the heat.
    Unless - none yet but there may be a couple later in the month.
    Lose excess - Unwanted clothing is being collected for school fund raising and donations to local charity shops to be dropped off when the bag is full.
    Yearly plans - I have a list of things that need doing before the end of 2018 and am also giving thought to a longer timeframe and the costs associated.

Thoughts to all who are having a rough time at the moment.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A NSD. Very tired but seem to be improving. Shoulder was a lot looser first thing but within a couple of hours went back to nothing above elbow height. Took another bag to the charity bin and sorted out the pack before that hadn't been put in properly.

Today I am grateful for salad bits (ys salad bits), for finding and ice cream (they found the last of my ice lollies), for having done all the urgent paperwork last week so I'm not too stressed about the things I can't do.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....still 5/13

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Have been sorting but it is a big task, not made easier by being unwell for the past few days & find the hot weather difficult especially when unwell. Will record progress on here to call me to account. Must view house as massive shop full of items which can be (mostly) sold. Have already discovered loads of clothes etc than I can either wear or sell. Also have makeup & toiletries, need not buy any of those either..still a bit poorly but managed to wash & iron some clothes & list a few on FB selling sites. One sold straight away but they've not paid yet, if the others don't go I will list on ebay..looks like all 3 people who expressed interest paid up, so 3 items sold..will post them out tomorrow & list more. Posted out 3 items today, plus one for DD. Didn't list any more today, but DH liberated some more boxes from large shed, so have more to trawl through tomorrow. Not actually listed any more but spent a very hot hour this morning in the 'big shed' so called because it's like 2 sheds stuck together. Trawled through quite a few boxes & found more carp to sell, but first it has to be washed. Did 2 wash loads & will start listing tomorrow, as I caught sight of the boxes in the double garage...lots and lots.. Did iron a lot of the clothes; not such a good idea in this heat, was absolutely not the day to do this. no listing either as DD then got up from night shift & wanted to go - you guessed it - shopping...Ironed more stuff today & took photos so can list asap. Just need to pitch the price right so they sell right away on FB selling pages, as otherwise they slip down the listings so fast; now you can't refresh the listing but have to re-post...gah! Finally forced myself to list the items & got in a fluster as people were trying to buy whilst I was still trying to list...aargh!! Still looks like I sold a fair few items, will tot up & add to total tomorrow. Big incentive to list more stuff - of which we have plenty..Packed all stuff up & DH took to PO for me this afternoon. Plans to list more were scuppered as DD had a call that she had to return her fancy hire car; otherwise they were going to charge her (£150 p/day:eek:) - she was unwell but only her insured to drive, so I went along with her. Then she had to collect her own - written off - car, which apparently is roadworthy. Well they could have at least put the bumper back on properly & replace the floor of the boot.....now we have to wait to see what will happen now; we have no experience of this to tell her..

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weigh (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: still £52.26. Have more to add, just need to total up. Now £134.12, less postage.

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Have found more stuff especially shoes to go. Must ramp this up as go away 3 weeks today...clock is ticking..have found many items to take with us and many to sell..started selling & will group items to take together, have made a list. Bought a shower head to try here first, if it's ok will get a couple to take with us to kinda update the showers over there.

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. DH & DD went shopping & PO, big mistake as DD brought back 2 extra large chickens she got for only £2.50 each, very pleased with her bargains bless her.....Just what I needed more food to be used right away... Cooked one, need to think of what to do with the other ( no room in freezers) PDQ! DH renegotiated BB deal with Virgin yesterday, they assured him deal would still be available today. Took 45 mins of argument, ask to speak to a manager, etc etc before they agreed to honour it...no wonder folk give up in disgust. Should save us £300 per year..no shopping today of any kind thankfully, value or otherwise..shopping today & stocked up with some things that were on offer..that's my excuse. No shopping today again & ate leftovers, much easier when just the 2 of us involved..Leftovers for lunch & made a meal for tea; DD still quite ill so only had a little so more leftovers there. Also DH got a piece of equipment to help revamp our oldest car; went through cashback. Just realised that made him sound like a mechanic, he really isn't

Every Checking in 9/31

Gratitudes:DH doing the washing up as I cut the grass: anticipation of rain but like 2 drops - however, feels fresher tonight; all my buyers paying up & the items have left the house already..

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. Been in the garden early & tonight, done watering..and a little tidying up. Same again although I also cut the back grass (savannah..)

Unless
    budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope.

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £134.12 - more to come.

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Making big list this weekend; also one of items to take to Ireland with us; menu planning; will be a very listy weekend. Did a bit of the Irish list. No listing, too chaotic today.

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As husband is still rubbish with money

This has been going on for way too long now :(. Need to muster the courage to bring it up without him retreating in his tortoise shell or me coming across as the one who wants to control our finances etc

Massive hugs, I totally understand. My DH was exactly the same until about 24 months ago, then he suddenly got it when he had to get a credit history (his old one disappeared when he changed from Mr to Dr and we had to get a mortgage based on my credit history, even though I was not working)

Don't give up on him!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options

DH isn't too good at nsds so has just got himself chocolate and other bits from shop. I would usually get annoyed with him but decided less is more and focusing on keeping the bulk of spendong low as admittedly it is me that is usually more spend happy. .

Maybe if he has a favourite type, you could make a little more room in the weekly shopping budget and buy a multipack and keep it in the back of a cupboard for him when he feels the urge for chocolate. Prices for choc do vary wildly between shops and then he has no reason to go into one:j
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Today should be a nsd as I am planning on spending tomorrow - I have a shopping list and everything

More cleaning and sorting.
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    thriftylass and foxholes I have a budget averse OH too - and the budget this month was not helped by £100+ of expenses that he would usually cover (he is s/e so erratic income). I know this causes him a lot of anxiety so I don't want to push, but equally he can get away with not monitoring his spending because I'm organised and will pick up the slack. So. He is planning to pay me back so we'll see. It means I need to go back to adding a pot for unplanned expenses which annoys me!

Another NSD yesterday so 5/13.

Food budget is looking tight again :mad: - too many top up shops. When will I learn? Must eat from freezer tonight and avoid extras.

Today I'm grateful for: a few days away with work as my expenses will be covered!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure