NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    A NSD. Did a bit of shopping for mum, took all my own food and drinks with me. Have been out watering the garden (still water in the butt). Had to pick it up with my left hand and sut my left leg forward and balanced the weight of the can on my upper leg - also used a chair to get water from the butt rather tha keep crouching down. Finished a jigsaw (mu had done quite a lot since Friday (12 dogs in seperate coloured squares, I had done some of the dogs and sorted colours for several squares). We have started a new one.

Have a long list of shopping for FRiday (and need to do a cs trawl for more cheap jigsaws with pictures that are helpful for mum). Crafts tomorrow but just a continuation from last week and have a good reason for not doing the extra task the 'cadger' inveighgled me into.

Today I am grateful that my arm is flexible and strong enough first thing for my to be able to wash my face, that I bought food at the weekend, that I hurt less (could really do without the cough though - it hurts my sore ribs), for my doctor taking good care of me - sent me an appointment to check on my health as I am a carer.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all :j

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....still 5/13

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Took some stuff to CS and will sort more tonight ready for listing tomorrow.

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weight (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: still £52.26. Have more to add, just need to total up. Still £134.12, less postage.

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Have found more stuff especially shoes to go. Must ramp this up as go away 3 weeks today...clock is ticking..have found many items to take with us and many to sell..started selling & will group items to take together, have made a list. Bought a shower head to try here first, if it's ok will get a couple to take with us to kinda update the showers over there. Also had an idea to use suction bags to pack so can take more with us when we go; also can use the bags to store things in over there so they don't get damp.

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. Picked a load of raspberries from the garden this afternoon; then DD brought round some ones she got YS for 50p a punnet; I see some jam in my near future...if I can bear to go in the kitchen that is..Leftovers for lunch for us today; then DD came round for tea, she had her first sick day off in 18 months, but when she felt better, was very bored at home..

Every Checking in 10/31

Gratitudes:Getting a compliment in the CS from another member of staff; more stuff leaving for the CS; several bargains from CS today also; resolving to make a plan of work for remaining 2 weeks before hols.

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. Been in the garden just to pick raspberries; more soft fruit needs picking as well.

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope.

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £134.12 - more to come. Lost the pound I put on last week..

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Making big list this weekend; also one of items to take to Ireland with us; menu planning; will be a very listy weekend. Did a bit of the Irish list. No listing, too chaotic today. And today too busy as stint in CS.

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good morning turtles
    I’ve not popped by for a couple of days cos there wasn’t much to tell. But on the upside that meant 2 more NSDs
    Today I’m off to do my volunteer shift and then I need salad, fruit, milk and yoghurt on the way home.
    I tidied a corner of my bedroom yesterday so have a couple of bits for the CS
    On the excercise front I’ve turned into a sloth with this hot weather. I’m a lady of a certain age so hot flushes and this weather don’t mix.
    But I’m grateful for an understanding OH, for nice food, good weather and a happy ending for those boys, their coach and their parents and the brave brave people that saved them.
    Anyway better go
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi all

I am on NSD #5. Today won't be one as I need to go to Aldi for milk , fruit etc. I have £93 left , will update budgets later after my shop.

I did write a long post last night but it got swallowed. I have had a nice few days with the kids (on holiday until tomorrow) we have done all sorts of things & not spent a penny so far - walked to an Abbey ruin , went to the local nature reserve , been to the park, had their friends for tea. Today we are off to the beach & this will be our only planned entertainment spend.

My Amazon parcel arrived yesterday & one of the books I ordered for the kids had a slight scuff on the front. I called up & they are sending another & said I could keep the other one. I am still going to give my baby the slightly scuffed one as the damage is so minimal & I'll stick the other in my gift cupboard.

I am still trying to use what I have in & I think I'm doing OK !

LO has just woken up , & I can hear him pottering so I better go & get him. He must've been exhausted

Have a good day all :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    cuddlymarm wrote: »
    Good morning turtles
    I’ve not popped by for a couple of days cos there wasn’t much to tell. But on the upside that meant 2 more NSDs
    Today I’m off to do my volunteer shift and then I need salad, fruit, milk and yoghurt on the way home.
    I tidied a corner of my bedroom yesterday so have a couple of bits for the CS
    On the excercise front I’ve turned into a sloth with this hot weather. I’m a lady of a certain age so hot flushes and this weather don’t mix.
    But I’m grateful for an understanding OH, for nice food, good weather and a happy ending for those boys, their coach and their parents and the brave brave people that saved them.
    Anyway better go
    Cuddles

It was wonderful news that the children and their coach were rescued, such resilient people and seemed cheerful under such appalling circumstances. Can't imagine many modern day Brits being that tough, crikey people whine at the slightest inconvenience nowadays.

Sold a couple of items on ebay, didn't make much but it all counts, one was a rather large item of DS's which he got all his money back on plus 80p profit :D. Glad to see the back of it too.

Washing has just finished and will be on the line soon then I need to get some cleaning done, walk the dog and prep tea. I may cycle this evening when the football is on as I couldn't care a jot about it.

Made a gorgeous thai sweet potato and carrot soup yesterday, I know it is a bit hot for soup but it is a bit of a vegan staple and this one was very, very good.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • mummylewis
    mummylewis Posts: 91 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Just checking in before I get ready for work. On 6 NSDs now including today.
    Did my weekly shop yesterday, £35 in Aldi. It'll be more next week as I'll need meat.

Spent some time in the garden with DD this morning but got a bit too hot so we came in for lunch.
    Planning on clearing some old clothes from the wardrobe while she sleeps, then take a shower. Clothes will go to the textile bank when I get a chance to go to the tip. (Our tip is amazing, recycling for basically everything you can think of!)
    I'm really in the mood for a proper ruthless clear out. Takes a lot to get DH to help with those tasks though as he'd rather be doing anything else! I'll try strong arm him at the weekend.
    Tidy workspace, tidy mind!

Will check in again soon.

MLx
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,809
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You know that feeling when you know someone is trying to manipulate you?
    that ^ ^ ^ ^ is what is going on.

Kids doing well (not the best reports, but quite good end of year exam results)

Dentist this morning :( he tried to convince me it was not that tooth, but the one behind it - last time he convinced me it was not that tooth, but the one in front of it - 6 hrs root canal later, same blimmin' problem - why does he not just fix the tooth I tell him is the one with the problem??) So I left £21 poorer and no nearer to the problem being solved. I think I am going to change dentist. (insert rude insulting word )

So went and bought some new bath sheets and bath towels and face cloths.
    Not exactly rebellious is it? I will have nice towels though. Rock and roll!

Too annoyed to get much done today.

Then phone call from manipulative 78 yr old to top it off. Well if she is old enough to do something stupid and attention seeking, on her own head be it.
    Silly moo. Apparently if she hurts herself it is all my fault - she told me! (insert another slightly more offensive rude insulting word than whatever you used on the dentist)

Hope your day works out better than mine so far.
    Come on England!!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,649
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mothernerd - your description of how you used the watering can sounded like the hokey cokey! Hope you continue to mend.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,009
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    NSD No 6
    I had all sorts of things planned for today whilst himself was out. Unfortunately his friend phoned and cancelled (he's been very unwell recently. Was rushed to hospital with a blood clot a couple of weeks ago) so I haven't done anything at all. Not having a good week. My cousin contacted me to say her son is in a very bad way and all they can do is keep him comfortable. Please forgive the short post. Feeling a bit fragile with all that's going on.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,649
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Toni'sfriend - lots of hugs for you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure