My year of living dangerously

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Great stuff DIA ! Your persistence and planning is paying off .
    Have a good weekend ..
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on all the decluttering
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad the house is improving!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi DIA - finally read through the bits of your diary that I have missed whilst I've been off the board.

Congratulations on all those frogs you've eaten too!:j You've done so much - for yourself personally and made great inroads on your house. I'm sorry that your neighbours have turned to be rather sneaky and selfish, though hopefully you'll be able to move away in the not too distant future.

Have a good Sunday.
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad the de-cluttering is starting to pay off DIA :). And you're right about not being able to deep clean with clutter. That's why I'm obsessed with de-cluttering at the moment.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Mrs_Boo_Boo Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just dropping in to say well done you for achieving so much. What a lovely feeling to have things sorted and easy to keep straight too.
    Am very jealous and long for the day. We have been 'doing up' our property for 20 years now. Time and money are the limits.
    Keep plugging away.
    Good news about the gym too. I have been informed that I am odd because I actually use the gym regularly after signing up. I am too tight and want to get my moneys worth.My friend is so lucky that she gets it free through her work. Do get 15% NHS discount so not so bad.
    Great progress
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm glad the de-cluttering is starting to pay off DIA :). And you're right about not being able to deep clean with clutter. That's why I'm obsessed with de-cluttering at the moment.

Totally agree with you both on this, and have a similar focus. Can't do anything about getting a cleaner until the mess has gone.
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the podcast recommendation - just subscribed to see if it'll shame me into clearing some of the accumulated junk in our place!

Hope your plans for the house continue to come together. You've made great progress so far - long may it continue!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great stuff DIA ! Your persistence and planning is paying off .
    Have a good weekend ..
    Well done on all the decluttering
    jwil wrote: »
    Glad the house is improving!
    Thank you for the encouragement :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi DIA - finally read through the bits of your diary that I have missed whilst I've been off the board.

Congratulations on all those frogs you've eaten too!:j You've done so much - for yourself personally and made great inroads on your house. I'm sorry that your neighbours have turned to be rather sneaky and selfish, though hopefully you'll be able to move away in the not too distant future.

Have a good Sunday.
    X
    Thanks SSG :) I hope I'll be able to move in the next year or so...Neighbour situation update below ;)
    Thanks HH :) A little obsessed with decluttering and rearranging furniture right now :p
    Just dropping in to say well done you for achieving so much. What a lovely feeling to have things sorted and easy to keep straight too.
    Am very jealous and long for the day. We have been 'doing up' our property for 20 years now. Time and money are the limits.
    Keep plugging away.
    Good news about the gym too. I have been informed that I am odd because I actually use the gym regularly after signing up. I am too tight and want to get my moneys worth.My friend is so lucky that she gets it free through her work. Do get 15% NHS discount so not so bad.
    Great progress
    Thanks mod Boo Boo :)
    The house is a long way off sorted :rotfl:
    However I am starting to see progress and that is so gratifying :T
    Re the gym. I want to be odd like you ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills