PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 6. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options
Hello, everyone :hello: New month, shiny new thread ;)

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accomodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accomodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, old style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck :A

Penny. x
:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    And the rest of the details:

So here are a few more specifics about what this thread is and isn't in the hope that there is some middle ground that everyone can be on board with.

It is NOT a weight loss club. There is no membership to this thread and everyone is very welcome.

Recipes are welcome. It would help if they were highlighted in some way - eg by putting the recipe name in the title of the post, or making it a different colour, so they're easy to spot without trawling through lots of posts. It would also be helpful if people could copy them into the recipe index. (I'll post a link later.)

In order that it doesn't get too unwieldy, because there are SO many people interested, it would be useful if people didn't make LOTS of posts in the same day; perhaps one at the start of the day and one towards the end to say how you got on for example would prevent the thread becoming difficult to read for people who can't get here as often as others. Off topic posts, which do not relate mainly to Weight Loss Old Style, may be deleted.

And for clarification, the other weight loss threads were closed because they were not money saving old style. It wasn't one board guide's decision - we were ALL following the rules set down by Martin and the team. While the threads were being closed, we were talking behind the scenes about HOW to accomodate this issue without it straying from the ethos and purpose of the board and we hope this thread provides a balance.

This thread is from all 3 of your board guides. Here are the rules on copyright and medical advice. If you're posting recipes, in particular, please read this.

I hope this helps everyone.

Penny. x
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    For those of you inteersted, Weightloss part 5 is here ;) I'll close that thread once people start posting here.

Penny. x
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the sparkly new thread Penny :)
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    I hearby post in this thread. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow :)
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Today
    • 2 rounds toast and coffee
    • Banana
    • Savoury rice with Tuna (its so damn delicious), tangerine
    • Crispy Bacon slice
    • Skinny Latte
    • Chilli and rice, Banana
    Yesterday went almost according to plan except that someone stole our rice and forced us at gun point to each chips instead.

Today
    • Bran flakes w/mixed dried fruit
    • Banana
    • Either soup or left over chilli (w/out the chips)
    • Seafood sticks
    • Either chicken or sausage casserole
    • Bovril
    Have a good day all.
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Lol isparticus, those rice bandits are mean!

Trying hard to avoid the snacks at the moment, have had raging PMT for over a week now (with no sign of what normally comes next!) and ended up baking some biscuits on Sunday lol which hasn't helped.

Yesterday for me -

Breakfast - mint choc protein shake
    Snack - 2 weight watchers choc biscuits
    Lunch - 1/2 kids size fish pie
    Dinner - small bit of sweetcorn and bacon soup
    Snack - choc chip biscuit (HM)

Can you tell I was craving choc yesterday?

Today

Breakfast - Mint Choc cereal bar
    Lunch - mince/tomato pasta probably
    Dinner - ww tomato soup

NO SNACKS!
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

nice new thread!:j thanks PenPen:T

shellBel - good luck with avoiding the snacks;)

Not sure what to have today - am going to study a new book I got from the net called the vegetarian student cookcook for some inspiration.

For breakfast I've had scrambled eggs on toast.

Will report back later.
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Hard day for me today, not only is there a huge tub of Celebrations in the office, I have been invited out for dinner with work so it will be tough (smart place, lots of butter and cream).

B: Porridge with water and skimmed milk

L: Lentil soup

D: No idea, probably fish as its usually the safest option in the restaurant we are going to tonight

S: Nothing, trying to limit any damage caused by tonight :)

Have a fab day all
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here is my plan for the day:

breakfast - bacon and eggs with tomatoes & mushrooms - (heb + free)

lunch - left over SW chilli on a jacket potato with extra baked beans - free

dinner - salmon fillet with pasta bake mixed with peas & tomatoes topped with mozzarella cheese (free+hea+heb)

Throughout the day a scan bran chocolate cake with chocolate essence and and dusted with icing sugar - (10 syns - may have to spread this over 2 days so it might only be 5 syns today)

snacks - fruit & yogurt - free
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Hi
    STS this week -should have posted this yesterday but got disctracted. Had 4 out of my 5 a day yesterday so must do better today. This morn had coffee and oat cake. Lunch was rice cakes, cottage cheese and tomato. Snack 2 clemintines. Tonight I will be going out for dinner so need to practice damage limitation. Where I am going used to do nice salads so hopefully I will be able to choose something healthy, being veggie my options are limited anyway so should be OK. Must pass on the pud. Have been doing a lot of walking this week. Not got to 10k steps a day yet. Will go out again in min and try to up my total.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport