PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    You got the outcome you wanted Fuddle without showing them your bare bum. Sounds like a resUlt to me, well done.

Well after last weeks childcare duties not being as onerous as expected, this week I have dgd today and tomorrow and possibly Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday I'm with DD1.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Great news Fuddle!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brilliant Fuds!! Well done you for facing all of the dragons!
    NM- Not allowed to use the salty words that someone else had got your bungalow - can you be second on the list just in case?
    Hester - no good deed goes unpunished ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My cold has turned out not to be so bad. I am recovering already.

I have just had a phone call about the bungalow we wanted. Someone else has got it. Start again then.

softstuff Delighted you are back. You have been really missed. I had just given up on you ever getting back. I had decided that working full time and doing up your house was too much, you had no time.

So sorry you missed out again NM

Welcome back softstuff
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yaaay go fuddle!! :T:j:T You channelled yer inner miner! :D:D
    This is copied from an American site, about the hellish stuff I had in that infusion:
    ~"Reclast may cause severe bone, muscle, or joint pain. These symptoms can begin within days of starting your treatment, or they may not show up for some time. Call your doctor right away if you experience severe pain while taking Reclast."~
    Well I've had severe bone & tendon pain for a week and I can't walk. Phoned my gp who hummed and hawed then told me to take Paracetamol! I have a year's worth of this stuff in my bones and I'm seriously not happy. Just posting this to explain why I'm so whiney and moany just now lol.
    Industrial quantities of JBs needed I think!!!!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fuddle Fantastic News !! The tears were just a normal reaction to the stress of it all xx

Nursemaggie Sorry to hear that you missed out on the Bungalow - I am sure the perfect place is waiting for you x

Mardatha ((Hugs)) and here are some giant Jelly babies on their way 4_C0_C400_A-_CDC2-4_B11-9324-727_C94_ABB4_D3.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all
    Just popping in to say, in no particular order.....
    Yay Fuddle :j. I'm glad TPTB saw sense ;).
    Mardartha I'm sorry that you are in such pain, I hope you can get some relief soon. In the meantime there's a crate or two of JB's winging it's way up to Scotlandshire via t'internet.
    NurseMaggie Bu88er :mad:. I had everything crossed for you.
    Vjsmum hope the cold makes a swift exit.
    Karcher I hope that you are ok now, health wise and work wise. Thinking of you.
    I'm making the most of the calm before the storm, as DGD is due teatime for a sleepover :rotfl:. Seriously she's lovely on her own, a bit bossy but that's 'cos she's a girl ( and bl00dy minded :D ).
    Hugs to anyone who needs one and get well wishes to all the poorlies.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Oh nursemaggie, I'm so sorry about the bungalow :( xx

fuddle Brilliant news :T

mar Paracetamol? FGS :mad:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    brilliantfuddle so pleased for your DD.

mar, I was tempted to send you some codeine then I remembered it does not work on that pain nothing does. I have been having that pain for years. Sorry to have to tell you no pain killer works.

If you can cool it that may help. When I get it in the night I stick my whole legs out of the bed. walking about can help too. It's difficult to get going but even walking around one room helps it to go. Then you can have the jellybabies nanny window sent.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I can't walk NM, it's like the tendon at back of my heel has seized. I've found a HWB does help a bit. but as you say, it's trial and error. I'm pondering a JB poultice.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback