02 Retentions thread 2

Options

Comments

• baggyburns
    Options
    DEMO,

I believe it comes out on the 14th of January!
  • bringmeshoes
    bringmeshoes Posts: 2,792 Forumite
    Options
    i work for o2 and the black n95 gb will be released on14th jan as stated by baggyburns, although this could change (sometimes handset releases are put back) i would recommend waiting for the handset for about a month, as usually any software issues (and the n95 has has loads) come out within first month of release
    The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde:beer:
    Big sister to Hayley11 and Before Hollywood and adopted daughter of Vikingero
  • andreweastell
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andreweastell viewpost.gif
    Just come off the phone to 02 Retentions. Got a Nokia N95, 12 month contract, 500 minutes, 500 texts for £20 a month.
    Andrew

DEMO wrote: »
    thats a good deasl !!!

im still waiting for my black N95-8gb ! been a month now....

anyone any idea of when O2 will be getting stock of the N95-8gb ?

Dear Demo
    It is the N95 - 8gb I am getting but don't know which colour.
    Cheers
    Andrew
  • bringmeshoes
    bringmeshoes Posts: 2,792 Forumite
    Options
    it sounds like you will be getting the silver n95 with a 8gb memory card as we have not launched the black one yet. the black one has 8gb memory on the phone and does not need a memory card.
    The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde:beer:
    Big sister to Hayley11 and Before Hollywood and adopted daughter of Vikingero
  • oscarip
    oscarip Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    My wife has just rang O2 Carphonewarehouse customer services. She told them she wanted to change from monthly contract to PAYG. In return, they offered her 200 mins + 200 txts for £30 a mth but pay absolutely nothing (not cashback deal) for the first 10 mths. Hence she will only pay £60 for the whole year !!

I'm a bit concern whether this is true or not? is anyone get something similar recently?
  • LB1985
    LB1985 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    it sounds like you will be getting the silver n95 with a 8gb memory card as we have not launched the black one yet. the black one has 8gb memory on the phone and does not need a memory card.

I am about to send my N95 silver (with 8GB memory card) back as, even with very light use, the battery life is truly disappointing. I was hoping to swap it for a N95 black (which I understand has a better battery), but sounds like I might be in for a wait. Anybody got any opinions on the new N82?
  • intranix
    intranix Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Here's a quick break down of the N95 and N82

Size: N95 8GB is chunkiest, several mm's added on to make way for bigger battery. N82 is slimmest and smallest

Screen: N95 8GB screen is 2.4", a little bigger than the normal N95, and bigger than the N82s. The screen resolution is the same though, 240x320 pixels.

Battery life: N95 8GB comes with a juicier battery, and software enhancments to give 50% longer use than a normal N95. Normal N95 can be improved by a firmware update, but still is poor. N82 is pretty decent.

Software: There is little difference between the 3, The old N95 can be refeshed with some updates.

They all feature GPS, WIFI, etc

N95 lacks system memory which can be very annoying when using it to run apps. The N95 8GB and N82 have 128MB system memory and shoudl be enough for anyone.

N95 8GB lacks a memory card slot; you must hook up to PC via usb or bluetooth or infra red to get your files off, and even USB transfer is slow on this phone. Old N95 and N82 have a card slot - up to 32GB is possible.

Camera: they all feature the same optics, the N95 8GB lacks a lense cover which is a real shame.

Overall - I am wiating for the N82 personally. I was keen on the N95 8GB but the lack of lense cover or expandable memory is a real shame as I know I will fill 8GB relatively easily with music and video.

What I would liek though, is the N95-2 - available in the USA, which is a mix of the N95 and N95 8GB, better battery, card slot, better software, bigger screen.
  • ferretktf
    ferretktf Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    i just got offered 50 mins + 100 texts for absolutely nothing ... £25 pm / £300 credit / 12 month contract.

was also offered the 200+200 but this should do me.

Tried to get a deal done to include the Web bolt-on (£7.50 per month) but they wouldn't offer anything on that.
  • z80
    z80 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone had any joy getting either the Nokia N82 or the Sony w960i with a decent pay monthly deal?
  • baggyburns
    Options
    z80,

Was on 12 month 200 mins 500 text 4mb tarriff for £30 but have taken the following off o2 retentions:

Free n82
    18 month contract
    400 mins
    1000 texts
    200mg data (o2 web bolt on)
    free 02 to 02 calls

£22.50 pm

Very Pleased with this and didn't need to haggle at all. I just said I wanted the n82 free and the guy offered the above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure