DLA fraud check

Options

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would wager people do use DLA for their Care and Mobility needs on the whole.

For example the Mobility/Motorbility Car is clearly the money being spent on Mobility needs.

I do spend my care component on care but I don't want to reveal what my problem is and shouldnt feel obliged to.

I think it's just a minority that see it as pocket money and spend it on whatever they see fit.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • summerof0763
    Options
    I would wager people do use DLA for their Care and Mobility needs on the whole.

For example the Mobility/Motorbility Car is clearly the money being spent on Mobility needs.

I do spend my care component on care but I don't want to reveal what my problem is and shouldnt feel obliged to.
    if people on AA dont have to justify what they spend money on,then neither should those on DLA
    i came into the world with nothing,and guess what? i still have it!!!:p
  • karatedragon
    karatedragon Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2010 at 11:57PM
    Options
    OK.....

Using my Care component I purchsed an MP3 player and a Column Bubble Lamp as these are care items.

Did you know I couldn't get these on prescription from the Doctor but was advised by them to get these.

I now await with interest people's comments and speculations regarding this.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    if people on AA dont have to justify what they spend money on,then neither should those on DLA
    AA may well come under the microscope at the same time.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    like they have time or the resources to go through everyones receipts.get real!!

I don't know how many people claim tax credits for childcare but it's a substantial number. There's a thread on the Benefits Board at the moment about someone who's been claiming these when her children weren't at nursery and she's been caught because she hasn't got receipts. It may be only a random check but checks are certainly made.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Options

Not on here of course but you presumably have to go into this when you claim.
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    It's not one rule for one and another for someone else, we have done this more or less to death KK provides care for her husband and by all accounts it's 24/7.

And he pays £10 an hour, far less than the going rate for a qualified nurse.

As I said before he can only afford 7 hours a week so most of it I do out of the goodness of my heart.:rotfl:

The point is NONE of the care needs that were detailed in his AA application are unmet.

Now how many people claiming DLA care component can say hand on heart that they pay for the care they say they need with the money they receive? How many just struggle on but with a bit (or a lot) of extra spending money?
  • karatedragon
    Options
    Not on here of course but you presumably have to go into this when you claim.

I meant on here sorry.
  • karatedragon
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »

Now how many people claiming DLA care component can say hand on heart that they pay for the care they say they need with the money they receive?

I can. Sorry to disappoint you.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Options
    OK.....

Using my Care component I purchsed an MP3 player and a Column Bubble Lamp as these are care items.

I now await with interest people's comments and speculations regarding this.

I await with interest any rule changes that may challenge your decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure