New Post Advanced Search

DLA fraud check

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
403 replies 29.3K views

Replies

• SingleSue wrote: »
    My very ancient Astra (approx 17 years old, coming up for 18 years), cost me the grand total of £200..I would have heart failure if it cost more than £500 over the year!

She cost me £461 to buy 3 years ago now and the total repair bill in that time still wouldn't exceed £1k.

It was a bit of a shock - particularly after it died (cam belt) a week after I paid 700.00 for a new gear box! damn thing only cost 550.00 in the first place. It's now referred to as the Money Pit!
  • edited 28 July 2010 at 11:20PM
    karatedragonkaratedragon Forumite
    1.1K posts
    edited 28 July 2010 at 11:20PM
    krisskross wrote: »
    I think DLA is excellent. I just think that it is only right that people should be asked to prove their need for it and actually then get the service that they say they need.

How do you know I am NOT getting the service that I say I need?

For one example - Question 38 of the form. "The Cooking Test".

I proved my need under this question

I am receiving a cooked meal as a result.

Your statements are very sweeping and border on absurd.
  • Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K posts
    How do you know I am NOT getting the service that I say I need?

For example - Question 38 of the form. "The Cooking Test".

I am receiving a cooked meal as a result.

Your statements are very sweeping.

No-one can really prove or disprove whether they're getting the services they say they need.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Well I had to do that. You have to complete an extensive and to be frank traumatising form which is then backed up by medical evidence.

Nobody has to spend the money on what they say they need it for - that's the whole point.
    23.1K posts
    Nobody has to spend the money on what they say they need it for - that's the whole point.

Something which KK clearly has problems with...
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • krisskross wrote: »
    Guarantee you fall at the first hurdle then:rotfl:

And hopefully s/he'll stick a bedpan up his @rse!
  • sh1305 wrote: »
    No-one can really prove or disprove whether they're getting the services they say they need.

By the very fact that no one can live without food is proof enough they are getting a meal. They would be dead if they were not.

I tell you what - I will photograph my cooked meal that conforms to "The Cooking Test", then another of me eating it, plus one of pudding then another of it in stool form the next day.

I will then include it in this thread. Hopefully that will conclude that I am indeed getting that part of my claim?
  • One thing I do know is true is a case where a DWP worker was declared as "unable to work for the foreseeable future" by an ATOS doctor and was subsequently dismissed on medical grounds.

The person then applied for ESA only weeks after and was declined it due to the ATOS medical finding her "fit for work".

This to me points at gross medical incompetence and makes the entire system a laughable circus act.

How can ATOS on one hand state "unable to work for the foreseeable future" and then weeks later state "fit for work".

So with that in mind I can well find the possibility of using "struck off" medics being wholly plausible.

I know the case you're talking about and there's been a lot of misunderstanding about it. The original medical was to see if she was fit to work in a children's nursery and it was found that she wasn't. the second medical found that she was fit for work generally. The two things are totally different.
    23.1K posts
    By the very fact that no one can live without food is proof enough they are getting a meal. They would be dead if they were not.

Some people who are unable to cook due to disability sometimes just eat takeaway or ready meals. I sometimes had to do this at uni when I had no energy to stand there and cook.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • I know the case you're talking about and there's been a lot of misunderstanding about it. The original medical was to see if she was fit to work in a children's nursery and it was found that she wasn't. the second medical found that she was fit for work generally. The two things are totally different.

The person in question worked for the DWP in Job Centre Plus. Unless there is more than one of these cases which I would not find surprising.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support