New Post Advanced Search

DLA fraud check

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
403 replies 29.2K views

Replies

• Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K posts
    krisskross wrote: »
    How many just struggle on but with a bit (or a lot) of extra spending money?

Sorry to dissapoint you; but no.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • summerof0763summerof0763 Forumite
    825 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    OK.....

Using my Care component I purchsed an MP3 player and a Column Bubble Lamp as these are care items.

I now await with interest people's comments and speculations regarding this.
    mp3 and bubble lamp are good for relaxation
    i came into the world with nothing,and guess what? i still have it!!!:p
  • I meant on here sorry.
    Then of course you don't need to go into it - nobody asked you to!
  • edited 29 July 2010 at 12:04AM
    karatedragonkaratedragon Forumite
    1.1K posts
    edited 29 July 2010 at 12:04AM
    mp3 and bubble lamp are good for relaxation

And do you know I couldn't get them on Prescription. But the Doctor advised they were required.

Also Fibre optic strand lighting - again she didn't give me a prescription.

But of course I dare not use my DLA care for this as the MSE DLA justification gang would not approve. You know Oldernotwiser, DX2, krisskross et al
  • summerof0763summerof0763 Forumite
    825 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    And do you know I couldn't get them on Prescription. But the Doctor advised they were required.
    well in that case money was justified for them,at the end of the day there are a lot of different care needs
    i came into the world with nothing,and guess what? i still have it!!!:p
  • krisskross wrote: »
    There are always cars available with no advance payments. My neighbour had the adaptions done free.

You are wriggling now.

I bet there are very few (if any) people with a motability car that would want the scheme scrapped and they just get the £50 a week. But there is always the choice for everyone. Do tell me who it wouldn't be a choice for?

I agree with KK etc that the motability car system is fantastic! I did have to pay out a fair amount of money as I have to have an automatic only part that seems mean as its often 2-3 x dearer than manual & many of us need automatics but thats not the fault of motability. I needed to have top of the range (not boasting !!) so that lights,windscreen wipers,bluetooth voice controls etc are all automatic as I drive using hand controls. Also spent over a grand on a hoist. To me all worth every penny & some as I have my freedom back yippeeeeeeee. In my opinion its an excellant scheme and I feel very lucky to be part of it. Some people may say lucky is an inappropriate word to use & yes I'm a wheelchair user in constant pain on vast amounts of morphine & many other meds but I still really appreciate this scheme where I get a fab car & everything else thrown in as there is no way that I could have all this if I had to pay in the normal manner. So thank you motability !!:T
  • edited 29 July 2010 at 12:18AM
    karatedragonkaratedragon Forumite
    1.1K posts
    edited 29 July 2010 at 12:18AM
    well in that case money was justified for them,at the end of the day there are a lot of different care needs

Yes that is why it is not right to question sh1305 paying a phone bill with her DLA - People need to think carefully before judging if this is or is not a justifyable expense using DLA. Bearing in mind under the "care" claim many questions are about keeping safe.

Surely a phone (mobile) is a fine way to stay safe? You can even have your phone tracked online to keep you safe - people can see where you are and I would applaud and strongly advise any DLA person needing "safe-keeping" subscribing to this using DLA care. One could also justify the Lower Mobility being spent on this as this enables the person to get about more safely and in the knowledge that someone will know where they are.

To me this is as bad as saying a business can't "offset" its phone costs against tax to pay less tax overall.
  • ash4becksash4becks Forumite
    589 posts
    Yes that is why it is not right to question sh paying a phone bill with her DLA - People need to think carefully before judging if this is or is not a justifyable expense using DLA. Bearing in mind under the "care" claim many questions are about keeping safe.

Surely a phone (mobile) is a fine way to stay safe? You can even have your phone tracked online to keep you safe - people can see where you are and I would applaud any DLA person needing safe-keeping subscribing to this using DLA care. One could also justify the Lower Mobility being spent on this as this enables the person to get about more safely.

stop on my phone cost does come of my dla iam way to scared to go on pay as you go me and my friends was 12 and went to wet and wild i live other side of the water the ferry stoped early this day and we were stuck had to go the long way around home and didnt get in till nealry midnite, we had to go thought newcastle city centre iam so glad i had a phone on me but half way thought calls to friends mums and dads phone credit went at the wrong time

with my mental health and phyical issues i think there really needed for mobiles out of care needs
  • ash4becksash4becks Forumite
    589 posts
    ash4becks wrote: »
    stop on my phone cost does come of my dla iam way to scared to go on pay as you go me and my friends was 12 and went to wet and wild i live other side of the water the ferry stoped early this day and we were stuck had to go the long way around home and didnt get in till nealry midnite, we had to go thought newcastle city centre iam so glad i had a phone on me but half way thought calls to friends mums and dads phone credit went at the wrong time

with my mental health and phyical issues i think there really needed for mobiles out of care needs

To me this is as bad as saying a business can't "offset" its phone costs against tax to pay less tax overall. Last edited by karatedragon; Today at 12:18 AM.

was wondering at this earlyer if on the basis if this could be vat exemt
  • LMAO -

I think I have never received so many "thanks" in my replies in a thread in my entire time on MSE!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support