New Post Advanced Search

DLA fraud check

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
403 replies 29.2K views

Replies

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by karatedragon viewpost.gif
    Whether it is true or not I am unsure but I read on a forum that some of the ATOS medical staff are actually doctors that have been struck off.

That would be even more scandal to use at a Tribunal

For those DLA haters - would you like it if your GP was a doctor that had been "struck off"??
    krisskross wrote: »
    The conspiracy theories abound on here. you and cit-k need to get together. I guarantee it will be a match made in heaven:rotfl:
    Medical services are provided to DWP under contract by Atos Healthcare. Doctors carrying out incapacity benefit (IB) assessments are engaged by Atos Healthcare not Jobcentre Plus. The available information is in the following table.
    Number of doctors carrying out IB assessments who have resigned, retired or whose approval has been revoked
    ...........................2003..........2004..........2005..........2006.........2007
    Resigned.................22.............68.............93.............65............47
    Retired...................4...............21.............13.............8..............6
    Approval revoked.......10..............31.............15.............16............7

They use doctors that have RESIGNED.. RETIRED and even ones who have had THEIR APPROVAL REVOKED.....

They certainly can use doctors who are not licenced to practice medicine at tribunal (fact, the last so called doctor at my last tribunal was not licenced to practice medicine, checked it with the GMC)

and thats if your lucky enough to even get a doctor, for mental health, they use standard nurses quite often.
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K posts
    Your child obviously gets all the care possible and then some. His DLA money is spent on treatment for him.

Surely however you would agree that if you get DLA for him on the basis of the care he needs and then do not provide that care, either yourself or use the money to pay someone for it, then you should not have the money.

It is not up to you how someone should spend their DLA.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
    23.1K posts
    Well personally I have been otherwise engaged arranging for the GP to come to see my husband as he has a nasty chest infection and is really struggling to breathe. Already been on antibiotics and nebulised salbutamol for a couple of days. Husband has a depressed immune system and gets all manner of infections. Which in turn messes up his diabetic control and means much changing of insulin doses and extra monitoring.

Not being funny or anything, but he really is tha bad, wy is he not in hospital?
    However if they still do not get the care and manage without it then why do they get the cash?

It's not as simple as you make it out to be:
    Some disabled people that they don't hav the energy at all to do things, even if they have help from another person. Even if someone offered to take me out for the day (right now), I wouldn't be able to do that.

And it's not as if DLA is eough for someone to employ another peson (even on minimum wage) to help them.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • sh1305 wrote: »
    Not being funny or anything, but he really is tha bad, wy is he not in hospital?

He doesn't want to go. They will mess up all his drugs, he won't have his reclining chair in which he can at least doze with his feet elevated as he can't manage bed. I am here all the time. I am a much higher qualified nurse than he would get in the hospital.

He is immuno suppressed because of the drugs he has for RA. If he got MRSA in hospital he would die. Unless he got to the stage where he needed ventilating he is better off here.
  • davsidippdavsidipp Forumite
    11.5K posts
    i dont agree with alot of your posts but have to agree on this one my husband is in the same situation needs a knee op but due to chronic diabeties cannot have op in case of infections to open wound so do agree on thos one.
    Before you point fingers,make sure your hands are clean !;)
    23.1K posts
    He doesn't want to go. They will mess up all his drugs, he won't have his reclining chair in which he can at least doze with his feet elevated as he can't manage bed. I am here all the time. I am a much higher qualified nurse than he would get in the hospital.

He is immuno suppressed because of the drugs he has for RA. If he got MRSA in hospital he would die. Unless he got to the stage where he needed ventilating he is better off here.

What he wants doesn't matter. My dad had a very bad chest infection about 4-5 years ago. He had no choice but to go into hospital. Thankfully, he was just given medication (they thought it was COPD because of his smoking) and wasn't made to stay in hospital.

And how do you know you're much more qualified nurse than him? The nurses have access to all his medical records - you don't. And I imagine they're more up to date with all the new drugs and other medical help he can be given.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • I notice the DLA haters seem to have crawled off.

I've been at work!
  • Vicky123 wrote: »
    I see what your saying but it wouldn't be possible not to provide the care, the only situation I can see that arising in is if the person getting DLA is doing so fraudulently or are exagerrating their needs or in the case of a child the parent is overstating.

Plenty of adults claiming DLA and AA live alone and get no care whatsoever. Don't you think it would be better if they had the care rather than the money?
  • sh1305 wrote: »

People die in hospitals from infections they get there. It's much better for people in like KK's husband and mine to be looked after at home if they possibly can..
    23.1K posts
    Plenty of adults claiming DLA and AA live alone and get no care whatsoever. Don't you think it would be better if they had the care rather than the money?

They do? Many have carers coming in and doing things for them.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support