MSE News: Costs to soar in Airmiles revamp: use points before they devalue

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• ha-melmahey
    Options
    KTM_Gordo wrote: »
    .Not entirely sure what all the fuss is about as the new arrangements seem fairer than before, and for short-haul the fees are fixed at a reasonably low sum.

You must be one of the members that it's fairer for... so "all the fuss" concerns those that have been conned into think that it would be equally fairer all round.
    If you use other loyalty schemes for 'free' flights you have to pay all the fees and charges in full.

Plus you must not have read that the fees & charges are also not fair for all members. Just those within the strict criteria of where they live, that are eligible to have their fees/charges capped.
  • KTM_Gordo
    KTM_Gordo Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Plus you must not have read that the fees & charges are also not fair for all members. Just those within the strict criteria of where they live, that are eligible to have their fees/charges capped.
    Would you care to elaborate?

IIRC under the old scheme you had an extra 500 points lumped on a booking from anywhere other than London.

I've just looked at a flight from Glasgow to Lisbon in Portugal (as an example picked for no particular reason) and the number of points required is 15000, exactly the same as from London, plus the £27 fee, which is also exactly the same as from London.

Under the old scheme it would have been the equivalent of 20000 points from Glasgow, so I see that as an improvement.
  • misssarahleigh
    misssarahleigh Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Options
    Could somebody help. Got myself a shell card and said I wanted Avios points.

Nowhere on the website does it say how/when they are converted to avios points.
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • KTM_Gordo
    Options
    Register your Shell card online at Shell's web site and choose Avios as your reward. At the end of the quarter they'll convert your Shell points to Avios.

See the FAQ here: https://www.shellsmart.com/smart/content.html?cid=faq&site=en-en
  • misssarahleigh
    misssarahleigh Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Options
    Register your Shell card online at Shell's web site and choose Avios as your reward. At the end of the quarter they'll convert your Shell points to Avios.

See the FAQ here: https://www.shellsmart.com/smart/content.html?cid=faq&site=en-en

Me again. Just made my boyfriend sign up for this. He has just joined avios (i previously had one through my lloyds credit card).

Stupid question, but i cannot recall or see anything about linking the two accounts. Do shell just try and match your details to those held on the avios site?
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • KTM_Gordo
    Options
    Me again. Just made my boyfriend sign up for this. He has just joined avios (i previously had one through my lloyds credit card).

Stupid question, but i cannot recall or see anything about linking the two accounts. Do shell just try and match your details to those held on the avios site?
    Link the Shell accounts or the Avios accounts?

You'll need to contact whichever one it is to ask. I think that both will allow "household" accounts where points are combined.
  • misssarahleigh
    Options
    Link the Shell accounts or the Avios accounts?

You'll need to contact whichever one it is to ask. I think that both will allow "household" accounts where points are combined.

Sorry, I wasn't being very clear.

When Shell pay out in avios points. How do they know which avios account to pay e.g. do they match your email address.

I would have expected a place on the Shell site to enter the details of your avios account so the points were sent to the correct person.
  • KTM_Gordo
    Options
    It's a long time since I registered my Shell card and opted for Airmiles so I can't remember if I gave Shell my Airmiles account number or not.

If they don't ask for it, I would expect them to match name and postal address (e-mail addresses are too variable to be reliable).
  • misssarahleigh
    Options
    It's a long time since I registered my Shell card and opted for Airmiles so I can't remember if I gave Shell my Airmiles account number or not.

If they don't ask for it, I would expect them to match name and postal address (e-mail addresses are too variable to be reliable).

We shall see shan't we lol thanks for the help:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure