Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    scrub wrote: »
    I've collected 15,835 points

Is that https://www.airmiles.co.uk or BA miles?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • scrub
    scrub Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Is that www.airmiles.co.uk or BA miles?

It's BA miles. I thought they were the same. Does that mean I don't have to spend them straight away then?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 September 2011 at 1:54PM
    Options
  • scrub
    scrub Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great thanks. Right problem, wrong search : )
  • madamx
    madamx Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    FAO Stefanie from Airmiles
    I want to book airmiles flights from Belfast City to Gatwick flying out on 30th July 2012 and returning on 15th August 2012 but Flybe have advised me these flights will not be released untill Dec2011 does this mean it will be after the cut off date for airmiles flights.
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use 01925 848619 (found on saynoto0870)
    Thanks, I knew about that already. I just wanted to highlight the point
    hoping that representatives of AM may learn from it.

Its a good way for companies to make themselves unpopular with customers.

Those numbers are a rip off and it says a lot about the companies that use them
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • Avios_company_representative
    Avios_company_representative Posts: 20 Organisation Representative
    Options
    madamx wrote: »
    FAO Stefanie from Airmiles
    I want to book airmiles flights from Belfast City to Gatwick flying out on 30th July 2012 and returning on 15th August 2012 but Flybe have advised me these flights will not be released untill Dec2011 does this mean it will be after the cut off date for airmiles flights.

Hi madamx,

Thanks for your question.

Although Airmiles seats are generally released approximately 50 weeks in advance of flight dates, this can vary slightly according to when airlines confirm their flight schedules. Seats have not yet been released for the FlyBe flights you're looking for from Belfast City to Gatwick.

The best thing to do is to keep checking the website - https://www.airmiles.co.uk - or to get in touch with the Customer Contact Centre on 0844 49 333 49 where one of our experts will be able to update you.

Whilst Avios is launching on 16th November, Airmiles customers will have until 15th December this year to book under the current terms and conditions. Please note that from now until 14th November, customers can book via the Airmiles website - https://www.airmiles.co.uk - or via the Customer Contact Centre on 0844 49 333 49. From 15th November to 15th December, bookings can be made via the Customer Contact Centre only.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
    Stefanie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Avios (formerly Airmiles). MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • cartesian
    Options
    Hi Stefanie from Airmiles,
    Thanks for your earlier helpful reply re: infant bookings with Avios --
    Infant fares will continue to be charged at a discounted rate of 10% of the adult fare price on Airmiles Zone fares. Reward Flight Saver fares on zones 1-3 require customers to pay 10% of the fare plus £10 for the infant.

The £27 capped payment applies to regular collectors (members who have collected one Airmile in the past year) for flights to zones 1,2 and 3.
    Seems like good news, but a couple more questions:

1) Regarding the Reward Flight Savers, obviously my infant will not have collected any Avios at all, since he will be ineligible to collect any. Will I be able to buy a Reward Flight Saver on his behalf?

2) Will I be able to buy Reward Flight Savers using my own Avios for other adult third parties (e.g. my wife), if I qualify as a regular collector myself?

3) Will I have to book by phone if I want to include an infant in my booking? If so, will there be an additional fee for booking by phone, and will it change from any current fees?
  • On_The_Ball
    Options
    Hello Stefanie,

I'm looking at flights to Hong Kong departing next August and returning in September. There are only six days with return flights available - is there any chance this will increase with the inclusion of Iberia flights, or is that it?

Thanks a lot!
  • Avios_company_representative
    Avios_company_representative Posts: 20 Organisation Representative
    Options
    cartesian wrote: »
    Hi Stefanie from Airmiles,
    Thanks for your earlier helpful reply re: infant bookings with Avios --
    Infant fares will continue to be charged at a discounted rate of 10% of the adult fare price on Airmiles Zone fares. Reward Flight Saver fares on zones 1-3 require customers to pay 10% of the fare plus £10 for the infant.

The £27 capped payment applies to regular collectors (members who have collected one Airmile in the past year) for flights to zones 1,2 and 3.
    Seems like good news, but a couple more questions:

1) Regarding the Reward Flight Savers, obviously my infant will not have collected any Avios at all, since he will be ineligible to collect any. Will I be able to buy a Reward Flight Saver on his behalf?

2) Will I be able to buy Reward Flight Savers using my own Avios for other adult third parties (e.g. my wife), if I qualify as a regular collector myself?

3) Will I have to book by phone if I want to include an infant in my booking? If so, will there be an additional fee for booking by phone, and will it change from any current fees?

Hi cartesian,

I'm glad we could help.

With regards to your questions, please see below for our advice:

1) Reward Flight Saver fares relate to adults prices on flights in
    zones 1-3. Infant fares for flights in zones 1-3 will continue to be charged at the
    discounted rate of 10% of the adult fare plus £10.

2) Yes - so long as you have the amount of Avios required
    - members can book fares for third parties on Reward
    Flight Saver fares.

3) You can book infant fares both by telephone and via our website
    -www.airmiles.co.uk under the current Airmiles scheme and under
    Avios.

Please note, if you'd like to spend your Airmiles under the current
    terms and conditions, you'll be able to book online up until 16th
    November 2011. However, any bookings made after this date, up until
    15th December when the changes come into effect, must be booked through our Contact Centre. There is no additional fee for booking by phone.

I hope this is helpful.

Do give our experts at the Customer Contact Centre a call if you'd
    like to discuss any of this in more detail - 0844 49 333 49

Thanks,
    Stefanie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Avios (formerly Airmiles). MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure