Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    of course yopu can google for a room and rebooking the flight cost BEFORE thinking about a refund :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Looking for some advice on a recently delayed flight.

Me and my fiance were flying from the Isle of Man to Gatwick and at the last minute we were told the flight was being delayed overnight and told to come back in the morning.

The reason they gave was due to the crew reaching their maximum working hours due to air traffic control restrictions earlier in the day.

Fair play to Easyjet they immediately have sent us through a £200 voucher to be spend on any flights with them within the next 6 months.

Before we received this I had written an email using the EU261/2004 compensation letter template and also asking to claim for a taxi which was incurred for transport from the airport back to my fiance's parents house.

We have just received an email from Easyjet in regards to the taxi costs incurred with them simply stating that they had given us the £200 voucher which is fair enough but should we also be expecting them to pay the compensation for the over night delay for 250 euros each?

Thanks,
  • JPears
    Options
    Hi,

Looking for some advice on a recently delayed flight.

Me and my fiance were flying from the Isle of Man to Gatwick and at the last minute we were told the flight was being delayed overnight and told to come back in the morning.

The reason they gave was due to the crew reaching their maximum working hours due to air traffic control restrictions earlier in the day.

Fair play to Easyjet they immediately have sent us through a £200 voucher to be spend on any flights with them within the next 6 months.

Before we received this I had written an email using the EU261/2004 compensation letter template and also asking to claim for a taxi which was incurred for transport from the airport back to my fiance's parents house.

We have just received an email from Easyjet in regards to the taxi costs incurred with them simply stating that they had given us the £200 voucher which is fair enough but should we also be expecting them to pay the compensation for the over night delay for 250 euros each?

Thanks,
    In a word yes. If your flight wasn't directly affected by the ATC problem/strike then you're most likely due compensation under eg 261/2004. Out of hours for crew is also EJs problem and not yours. The fact they gave you £200 voucher (each?) without prompting should make you smell a rat.
    They are also responsible for your taxi fares (and accommodation, if you hadn't had any)

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would contact them and say thank you for the vouchers but you are not accepting them as compensation for the delayed flight under the EU261/2004 regulations. Also claim your taxi fare.
  • adusadi
    adusadi Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I have a question regardng my cancelled flight on 14th of June at 17.35 from Nice to London Gatwick. The txt message I received 6h before flight said: "We're very sorry, due to an air traffic control strike your flight has been cancelled". I was told at my hotel that there was a national strike in France and a lot of flights have been cancelled that day.
    I had to pay for a taxi to the airport (40euro) where I was offerred a flight next day at 21.55 and a hotel.
    I would like to ask if I can claim a compensation for that cancellation or not?
    Thanks in advance
  • JPears
    Options
    Probably not. ATC strike is one of very few ECs airlines can refuse compensation on.

• adusadi
    Options
    Shame.......did some checks tho and some compensation websites said Im eligible to 250EUR pp.....:think:
    Filled a form thru resolver and we will see what easyjet say.....
  • boringgit
    Options
    Does anybody know of a site where I can see exactly when the ATC strike started (same day as Adusadi - 13/14 June).

My Easyjet flight was supposed to be 13th, got delayed until the early hours of 14th and then cancelled due to ATC strike. Had to buy a new BA flight home for £150 each as Easyjet had no availability for 2 days and needed to be back for work.

My assumption was that they had been delayed on earlier flights which then pushed them into the next day and ATC strike, so I would be able to get the £50 easyjet refund and approx £100 compensation so I wouldn't be particularly out of pocket. On the BA flight though they apologised for being late and said the ATC strike had been 5pm 13th June until 5pm 14th June. If that's the case I just have to suck it up...

Any sites or advice much appreciated!
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into a checker like Bott & Co and they will pretty much tell you if you are due compensation or post details of your cancelled flight here
  • adusadi
    edited 18 June 2016 at 6:32AM
    Options
    Put your flight details into a checker like Bott & Co and they will pretty much tell you if you are due compensation or post details of your cancelled flight here

Could You please check my flight:
    EasyJet from Nice to London Gatwick on 14th June 2016 at 17.35 EZY8356
    And the earliest return I was given was on 15th June 2016 easyjet EZY8360 at 21.55 (delayed appx 1h).
    Thanks in advance

Edit: bott and Co say I can clain up to 250 per passenger..shall I use resolver??bott and co?? Please guide me......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback