Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 March 2016 at 11:40AM
    Options
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    Malc,

I know you say the above and have no reason to think its not true-but you reminded me of some feedback I have for your website guys.

In my account, if I view the current tariff (including unit rates etc), under "Additional products or services" included it states:

- E.ON Reward Points are available on this tariff
    - Price Alert service available on this tariff

I have only ever been on a collective tariff with Eon on this particular account but it has always said this.

As such, they may want to make it clearer that collective tariffs are excluded from price alerts a) when signing up to alerts & b) under the tariff information.

Best,
    Sunil

onzey wrote: »
    Hi Malc

I think based on recent experience the whole Price Alert thing is perhaps not quite what it appears to be at face value.

Unless you look into the Price Alert FAQs or T&Cs (or view threads on this forum), you are not likely to be aware that an alert could take up to 10 working days to arrive. I think this fact should be made more visible on the website. Tariffs can come and go in a 10 day time frame.

Further, on the E.ON Standards of Service webpage a link takes me to a brochure with the words "Because keeping a promise matters" followed by "Our Guaranteed Standards of Service make sure we do what we say we will"

What Guarantee?

I've never had alerts for V18 or V19.

Presumably despite E.ON's T&Cs and fine words there is no real accountability regarding Price Alerts.

Anyway, thanks for the V20 alert on these forums. Now that's what I call a real alert. It makes me aware before the event! :)
    Excellent feedback Sunil. Thanks for that. I'll be happy to let our website guys know about this. You're right, it could certainly cause confusion.

Rewards are okay though. Customers on collective tariffs can receive these provided they opt in to the scheme.

Thanks again for the feedback Sunil.

Malc

Afternoon Sunil, Onzey and anyone else interested. Just a quick update about some website improvements following feedback as above.

There's a fix going in to make it clearer that customers on collective tariffs won't receive Price Alerts. This will be on the Current Plan and Tariff Information Label pages once logged in to our website. We were hoping to do this in April but it's had to be put back to May due to some other stuff being updated first. I'll confirm once it's live.

I've had to escalate the issues about sending alerts quicker and including customers on collective tariffs to a higher level. Again, I'll update once I've something more specific.

Thanks again for the feedback. It's really helped me push this.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure