Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Hi Moireach

Yes, that's right, version 20 of our Fixed 1 Year tariff is more expensive than version 19. This is the case for all regions.

As advisors, we're not part of the decision making procedure, but Helena did post quite a bit about this on another thread yesterday. Basically, we review tariffs all the time as costs continually change. As well as wholesale costs, there are various other things involved like transporting energy to individual properties, contributing to Government initiatives, servicing and maintaining meters, investing in future developments, running our admin/billing/support services, VAT etc. These costs fluctuate and affect our prices to varying degrees. There are more details about this on our website. Also, yesterday's discussion is at the link below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5408547

Don't know if you've already done this but you can sign up for our online Price Alert service. We'll email customers on our fixed price deals to let them know about any future versions of the tariff. This doesn't include collective tariffs, though, as these are one off standalone deals and no new versions will be released. You can also move from one E.ON tariff to another at any time without picking up an exit fee. This does include collective tariffs.

Hope this helps explain Moireach.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rgk
    rgk Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have eventually managed to get my dual fuel switched to the December British Gas fix (yes, it has taken since Dec 2nd for them to get the Electric transferred!)
    The account has been confirmed as transferred from both ends, and is showing this online - but when I log into Cheap energy site is says I cant switch yet as I have a transfer in progress. How do I get around this? Only 7 days left to switch to Feb Fix?
  • Moireach
    Moireach Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was only subscribed to this thread and didn't see that one. I am on the collective switch tariff but should get a notification through Uswitch. GB Energy are currently £40 cheaper (which is why I expected Eon to keep competiting at that level) but the £30 exit fee makes switching not really worth it yet.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    rgk wrote: »
    I have eventually managed to get my dual fuel switched to the December British Gas fix (yes, it has taken since Dec 2nd for them to get the Electric transferred!)
    The account has been confirmed as transferred from both ends, and is showing this online - but when I log into Cheap energy site is says I cant switch yet as I have a transfer in progress. How do I get around this? Only 7 days left to switch to Feb Fix?

Drop us an email to collectiveswitch@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll fix this for you.
  • MouldyG
    Options
    I applied yesterday for a switch to the BG collective Switch, being a BG customer I was slightly skeptical however I gave it a go.
    I checked my BG account this morning to see that my switch has taken place overnight and looks to be in operation.
    Well done MSE, a change in circumstances means that I am using more energy and would have had to increase payments, with the new deal I can maintain current payments and eat into the debit balance over the next 12 months.
    Great:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:T
    Options
    Moireach wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was only subscribed to this thread and didn't see that one. I am on the collective switch tariff but should get a notification through Uswitch. GB Energy are currently £40 cheaper (which is why I expected Eon to keep competiting at that level) but the £30 exit fee makes switching not really worth it yet.

Morning Moireach

I see. As below, customers on collective tariffs don't receive our alerts even if they've signed up for them. Not sure how the uSwitch one works.

Just a quick heads up for the future about the Price Protection window. This kicks in when fixed term contracts like yours are nearing the end. The window opens 49 days before the tariff ends until 20 days after. During this time and provided we're told, we'll make sure you're protected against any price changes whilst a change of supplier goes through. Also, exit fees don't apply whilst the window is open.

Hope this is of interest Moireach.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Moireach
    Moireach Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes that sounds good. And this is automatically in place and doesn't need to be activated?
  • Roger296
    Roger296 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 February 2016 at 2:35PM
    Options
    I joined this switch and had the welcome email on 10th February. They have my bank details for the DD.

I have lived in this property for 26 years, and my Noddle credit score is Excellent (691 out of 700). Today I have received 2 letters from BG, one asking for £90 deposit, and the other asking for £125 deposit.

I rang them, thinking they had made a mistake asking for two different amounts. But they want £90 + £125 = £215. One amount is for gas, the other for electricity.

Apparently my credit score with Experian is not good enough for them. I have paid my £2 to Experian for my report to see what is wrong.

The savings against my current supplier (Flow) are not that great. I suspect that BG is using the lure of marginally cheap energy to boost their coffers.

I don't think that I will be joining BG.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moireach wrote: »
    Yes that sounds good. And this is automatically in place and doesn't need to be activated?

No need to activate the Price Protection window Moireach. This happens automatically as fixed rate tariffs near the end of their term. We'll send a renewal notice at this time. The Price Protection window opens from the date on the notice (49 days before the tariff end date).

Hope this explains Moireach.

Malc
  • rockin_plumber
    Options
    Hi I chose to switch to the British Gas deal yesterday.

Today when I log in to cheap energy club it says I have 2 switches in progress???

And further down the page it says I have 2 active applications in progress to Dual Fuel British Gas Collective fix Feb 2017.

I only did it once so don't know how this has occurred.

I am slightly concerned this may cause an issue with my switch, a case of computer says no, you know how it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure