Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Options
Hi All,

The energy club has a collective switch and states it will happen on Feb 2nd. Does anyone know if this means the collective switch will be on the table there and then on February the 2nd or if this is when it kicks off and the offer will be made in due course after a few weeks or so?

Thanks in advance. :beer:

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    This should be interesting, Will still be within my 2 week cooling off period so will take a look
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    UKPower have a collective switch on 2nd February as well - so it will be interesting to see if they or MSE negotiate the better deal.

https://ukpowercollective.ichoosr.com/product/index.rails?actionId=453

Last time, it was UKPower who beat MSE in my case
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

The energy club has a collective switch and states it will happen on Feb 2nd. Does anyone know if this means the collective switch will be on the table there and then on February the 2nd or if this is when it kicks off and the offer will be made in due course after a few weeks or so?

Thanks in advance. :beer:

Hope someone does answer OP's question.

I notice the ukpower collective on 02/02/16 that gt94sss2 linked to says you'll get an email from 15/02/16 with an offer.

I'm with E-ON and moved online yesterday from their V15 to V19 (I'm on Economy 7 electricity only tariff.)

My understanding is I have 14 days from yesterday in which to cancel. Once on it though, there is a £30 exit fee.

Perhaps I should cancel now (my V15 is due to end on 02/02/16) and leave it to the last day to hopefully see the collectives. Of course v19 might disappear, or be replaced.

Are collectives likely to be very competitive?
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    edited 28 January 2016 at 3:06PM
    Options
    Hi all

The collective tariffs are scheduled to launch on the evening of 2 February - as soon as we release them, you'll be able to switch via Cheap Energy Club.

Just make sure you've either signed up to CEC or Martin's weekly email by 31 January to get the tariff

You can check if you're signed up at this link.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/helpquestions/

Hope this helps.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    onzey wrote: »
    Hope someone does answer OP's question.

I notice the ukpower collective on 02/02/16 that gt94sss2 linked to says you'll get an email from 15/02/16 with an offer.

I'm with E-ON and moved online yesterday from their V15 to V19 (I'm on Economy 7 electricity only tariff.)

My understanding is I have 14 days from yesterday in which to cancel. Once on it though, there is a £30 exit fee.

Perhaps I should cancel now (my V15 is due to end on 02/02/16) and leave it to the last day to hopefully see the collectives. Of course v19 might disappear, or be replaced.

Are collectives likely to be very competitive?

Hi onzey

You're right, you've 14 days from when you put through the move to change your mind about switching to our Fixed 1 Year version 19 tariff. Just to let you know, I've no end date yet for version 19 and it could be withdrawn at any time. Also, as you say, there's a £30 per fuel exit fee for changing supplier with version 19. This differs from version 15 which had a £5 per fuel exit fee.

Hope this is useful onzey.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    But so far the V19 online seems to the most competitive out of the main companies. Not counting the small ones which I am not touching due to poor reviews, first utility amongst others.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Malc

Do you ever get an end date for any tariff?
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A bit early season wise. Scottish Power is cheap for gas but high on electricity. So I was looking for something with low electricity unit rates from April onwards.

Ideally, I want to sign on as late as possible, say 15th February, then the switch takes six weeks to complete, because Scottish Power buries its head in the sand and won't let me go, so I start the tariff around 31st March.

On the other hand, so many E.On collective switches lately, I might as well wait till March, and hope that oil prices fall to $10.
  • Joeytheroo
    Options
    Hello, I'm responsible for arranging utilities for 2 properties (mine and a relative). Do
    I have to have 2 separate email addresses (ie join the club twice) or can I use one email address for 2 properties?
    Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    According to the checker link in the Weekly news letter, the deal will run as follows for all CEC and weekly email members
    It launches next Wed and is on until Thu 18 Feb. Full details will go both in the Martin's Money Tips email and in a special Cheap Energy Club mailing. Then all you need to do is compare and switch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure