Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Joeytheroo wrote: »
    Hello, I'm responsible for arranging utilities for 2 properties (mine and a relative). Do
    I have to have 2 separate email addresses (ie join the club twice) or can I use one email address for 2 properties?
    Thank you

From the FAQs:
    I've got another property, can I add it to my Cheap Energy Club account?

It's not something Cheap Energy Club can do at the moment, you'll have to set up a new account with a different email address.

This ensures when users receive an email alert about possible savings, it’s specific to their account information. But it’s something we’re working on, so watch this space.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just set up the second account using a new gmail address. Simples!
    I'm registered for both the MSE Winter Collective switch and the next UK Power Collective Switch, the latter of which is expected to announce it's tariff around 15/2. If MSE is announcing it's tariff on 2/2, how long will we have to sign up for that before the cut off? I'm hoping there will be an overlap, so we can pick the cheapest.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    onzey wrote: »
    Hi Malc

Do you ever get an end date for any tariff?

Morning onzey.

Sometimes we have end dates for tariffs. They tend to be where they're a limited offer like the Collective Tariffs. I'll update this thread once I know something definite. To be honest, sometimes we're told after the end is announced publicly so please don't rely on me. Best to keep an eye on our website and the independent price comparison sites. This will be where they're announced first.

Hope this helps onzey.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning onzey.

Sometimes we have end dates for tariffs. They tend to be where they're a limited offer like the Collective Tariffs. I'll update this thread once I know something definite. To be honest, sometimes we're told after the end is announced publicly so please don't rely on me. Best to keep an eye on our website and the independent price comparison sites. This will be where they're announced first.

Hope this helps onzey.

Malc

Hi again

Hasn't it been the case that rather than announcing the end of tariffs, they just get replaced?

I think so far this year, I've seen a V17 which disappeared and then V18 appeared. That disappeared and then V19 was there.

Btw, I've had no Price Alerts since the one for V17 on 15th Jan so the alert system seems a bit poor.

Also if I look for my best deal on the E.ON website now, the page with all my quotes on says:

"Your current tarriff
    E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19"

even though I opted to start v19 on 03/02/16 with my v15 ending on 02/02/16.

If I cancel V19 today how long will it take and will I definitely be back on V15 before 02/02/16 to maybe take advantage of a deal with another supplier and avoid the V19 £30 exit fee?

Thanks
  • Nice to see another big switch on the horizon as my tariff ends end of february (From an earlier big switch :rotfl:)

Anyone know why the green Star unlimited tariff isn't on the energy comparison tool?
  • @macman

As I stated just a few posts before,

the cut off date for the new MSE Collective is "Thu 18 Feb."
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Thanks, I missed that. So it's going to be a bit tight then, but doable.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    onzey wrote: »
    Hi again

Hasn't it been the case that rather than announcing the end of tariffs, they just get replaced?

I think so far this year, I've seen a V17 which disappeared and then V18 appeared. That disappeared and then V19 was there.

Btw, I've had no Price Alerts since the one for V17 on 15th Jan so the alert system seems a bit poor.

Also if I look for my best deal on the E.ON website now, the page with all my quotes on says:

"Your current tarriff
    E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19"

even though I opted to start v19 on 03/02/16 with my v15 ending on 02/02/16.

If I cancel V19 today how long will it take and will I definitely be back on V15 before 02/02/16 to maybe take advantage of a deal with another supplier and avoid the V19 £30 exit fee?

Thanks

Hi onzey

You can cancel your switch to version 19 immediately and stay on version 15 prices until the tariff ends. You'll need to phone us though as it's not something you can do online.

You're right, recently we've replaced our Fixed 1 Year tariffs with a newer version rather than announce an end date. This hasn't always been the case and, to be honest, I don't know if we'll continue to go from one tariff to another or go back to set end dates. I suspect it'll depend on the product in question and market forces at the time. I'm guessing though.

Sorry about the delay with Price Alerts. These tend to go out in batches approximately 10 days after a new version of a tariff launches. With the recent tariff releases being so close together it's thrown things out. You'll receive alerts for both versions 18 and 19. Totally understand this isn't particularly helpful and it's something I've raised internally.

As you've opted for version19 but delayed the start, you'll continue to be billed on version 15 prices until the changeover date. Our website shows version 19 as this is what you'll switch to. It's to help give a more accurate picture if you do any more comparisons with other E.ON tariffs that are currently available. These include the Fixed 2 Year and Age UK 2 Year Fixed tariffs.

Sorry for the confusion onzey but hope this explains.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 January 2016 at 3:52AM
    Pincher wrote: »
    A bit early season wise. Scottish Power is cheap for gas but high on electricity. So I was looking for something with low electricity unit rates from April onwards.

Ideally, I want to sign on as late as possible, say 15th February, then the switch takes six weeks to complete, because Scottish Power buries its head in the sand and won't let me go, so I start the tariff around 31st March.

On the other hand, so many E.On collective switches lately, I might as well wait till March, and hope that oil prices fall to $10.

Why assume the new MSE deal can't be with Scottish Power?

Let's think about this, and try to read some signs.

Let's assume MSE holds what we might call a beauty parade of bids a couple of weeks before launching its latest deal ...

Who may have won and agreed to embargo their own new deal for a few days, and who lost and wants to grab some more of the market ahead of the MSE deal coming out?

Of course that's conjecture about only two, and another one may come through the middle while a certain company gambles people will like a two year fix and doesn't bother with a one year one.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    redux wrote: »
    Why assume the new MSE deal can't be with Scottish Power?

Why assume the switch is E.On, and not Scottish Power?
    Scottish Power ramping up the electricity unit rate on new fixed tariffs is getting tiresome, I want it to be E.On .

E.On's strategy seems clear. I just tariff hop through external collective switches to keep up with the latest tariffs. Not that there is much further to go. I suspect the unit rates have more or less bottomed, so the switch after this one is just to extend the fixed period.

Energy prices are bound to creep back up again. So I am expecting a couple of collective switches, with the last of the good ones in March 2017, so the one year fix ends in April 2018. I can always switch again when that finishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure