PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The weather outside is frightful, but the heating is only on in the evening for a couple of hours

we manage to keep warm with dressing gowns and fluffy throws, which are doing a good job, some small amounts of Christmas booze, plenty of winter stews and mince pies are helping too
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank heaven for thermals, even indoors. Definitely needed today. Think the winter duvet will be going on tonight!
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Well, I've been warm enough all day/evening. But I have also been sat up in bed reading/studying. Heating did click off earlier & has just now come back on again. I'll be leaving the CH temp at 70c & seeing how I get on this week. Currently too warm in bed as I've PJ's on & the winter duvet & now the heating....
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It is very cold out but its also dry so if you're wrapped up its actually quite pleasant. I went out earlier and walked instead of driving, the domestic Christmas light displays looked lovely.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Not had our central heating on yet :D

Actually that's not entirely true - we had it on for half an hour last Saturday after a mouse chewed through one of the plastic pipes in the ceiling causing a leak (grrr!) and once it was fixed we turned the heating on to check all was ok!

Still lighting one of the wood burners most days, usually from about 5pm, but not today as I was home alone with the dogs so we snuggled up in bed under the winter duvet and a cotton quilt, and I got on with some writing.
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Heating on and off intermittantly my bed with electric blankie worlds best place to camp out in Winter.
    Exercise activaing internal heating system just needs activation and achievements.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    It feels much colder. I put the fluffy blanket on top of the winter duvet last night. The dogs love that blanket.:)
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Temp supposedly 0c outside, with steels like -3c. In the early hours of the morning that'll be a feels like -6c. Tomorrow forecast snow, wind then rain. I was planning a trip into town to visit a bank for a new account. Might have to put that off.
    Definitely been cold today. I was warm enough with my winter coat, hat & gloves on. Heating now on - still at 70c on the boiler. I'm not really feeling like I'm cold tho.
  • Living_proof
    Options
    I got cold through yesterday in that cold easterly wind. I had a 40 minute walk to the station, then a two hour stuffy train ride, another 10 minute walk and then in and out of hotel rooms with aircon. Another few walks in and out of doors and by this morning I was bone cold, even in a CH hotel room. I was going to look around the city shops until mid-afternoon but just became miserable and so took an earlier train home. At vast expense I took a taxi home. I think this is the first really cold snap this winter and we are just not hardened to it. The electric blanket will be on tonight and hopefully I will have thawed out by morning but having seen the forecast, I doubt I will be doing little outdoors tomorrow other than getting new tyres put on my car, already arranged.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It has been cold but again ideal for walking as it has also been dry for the most part. Tomorrow is going to be even colder and very wet.

Sunday and Monday should be much better, though - dry and sunny, with temperatures up to 8 degrees C.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback