PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• chickens11
    Options
    I dont have any heat in my bedroom and always sleep 24/7 with bedroom window wide open , you cant beat a nice frosty air on your face but so warm under the duvet ..I cant sleep in stuffy warm stale air .....Ive got the woodburner alight in the sitting room and its lovely just ticking over aout 23 degrees in here ........
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I awoke cold this morning, even though the winter duvet is on so the electric blanket went on for about 15 minutes. Bliss - I had forgotten just what a difference it makes!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been set at 20 all year. I will not be cold.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • RebeccaAnn
    Options
    Our heating is still off. The door curtain seems to have helped and although it was pretty cold this morning the sun has heated the house up nicely. We have an even thicker duvet that can go on the bed if needed and have been burning candles on a few of the nights as they also seem to help.
    SPC #062
    12k in2019 #23 £8167/£16k
    Make £2019 in 2019 #32 £513/£2019
  • K80_Black
    K80_Black Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have a bit of a cold with a sore throat which is exacerbated by the cold - so mine is finally on! Stuck it on at 2pm, will turn it off again when I no longer need a blanket. :)
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 November 2018 at 10:00PM
    Options
    chickens11 wrote: »
    I dont have any heat in my bedroom and always sleep 24/7 with bedroom window wide open , you cant beat a nice frosty air on your face but so warm under the duvet ..I cant sleep in stuffy warm stale air .....Ive got the woodburner alight in the sitting room and its lovely just ticking over aout 23 degrees in here ........

I wish I could sleep 24/7. Unfortunately, I have to earn a living. :(

Sleeping with the window open is a no no for me. I'm a very light sleeper and even a mouse farting at the bottom of the garden will wake me up.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Sleeping with the window open is a no no for me. I'm a very light sleeper and even a mouse farting at the bottom of the garden will wake me up.

Have you tried earplugs and sleeping with one of those blindfold eye protectors?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Our heating has been in use for a couple of weeks now. Youngest is up at 3.30am for work, and it's been pretty cold, early morning.
    Brilliant work ethic for anyone! But disrupted sleep really should be avoided long term, as it comes with health risks.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • chickens11
    Options

I dont think you quite read my post properly . probaly because I didnt write it properly ....... I meant to say my bedroom window is open 24/7 , I actually sleep like most people about 9 hours ..!!...And yes I also have to work everyday too.....

Nice warm weather today with weak sunshine , but I do have the woodburner alight .......
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chickens11 wrote: »
    I dont think you quite read my post properly . probaly because I didnt write it properly ....... I meant to say my bedroom window is open 24/7 , I actually sleep like most people about 9 hours ..!!...And yes I also have to work everyday too.....

Nice warm weather today with weak sunshine , but I do have the woodburner alight .......

I so wish that 9 hours was normal for me. If I manage 7 it's a good night possibly waking up once. :(

This is a difficult thread as we come from so many different standpoints.

Personally, on the sleep front I like a cool room with an open window. But during the day I'm definitely not going to be cold. I put my heating on when I want. But we have to understand that some people just can't afford that and sit around wrapped in jumpers and fleeces and throws. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback