PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This evening the boiler has thrown in the towel so it’s back to the 1970s again :(
    Oh no!

I'll quit complaining now; I know when I'm well-off! :snow_laug
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • silverspirit
    Options
    my house is cosy and warm, too cosy. I have had to open the windows again or I fall asleep when I want to be awake. Its only a fire that provides it and I have good air intake for it but the sun comes in and I have to pull the blinds down or it gets too warm
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    The last few days have been wonderfully mild. The heating's still on of course, but it just feels all round more pleasant. The sunshine helps, of course :)

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had to have the bedroom and shower room windows open a smidgeon last night as there didn't seem to be enough air somehow. The forecast is for a long frost overnight so I think they can stay shut then.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Not had the central heating on yet, but lit one of the wood burners early yesterday (about 4pm) so the snug was really......snug (:D) by early evening ;)

It's definitely been much milder. Have had several windows open during the day and have been sleeping with feet poking out of the bed, lol!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • silverspirit
    Options
    I have gas ch and a coal fire, I can`t even put the fire on for cheeriness because of the warmth all over the house. My gas bill is going to be low and that is good but I am even too hot in bed
  • chickens11
    Options
    Ive got no heating in my bedroom at all , I keep the door shut and leave the windows open 24/7 whatever the weather , I just cant sleep in a warm room .......But I do like a very warm sitting room , and the woodburner is always a light at this time of year.......
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    It has been very mild this far and I hope it lasts! Surprisingly, I've not had to have the heating on during the day (when I am at home, ie the weekend) thus far. It runs for a couple of hours early morning and is back on at 4.30pm when it is dark until 10.30pm. After that, its the HWB, heater and blankets for me.

• VfM4meplse
    Options
    Its suddenly got chilly again, but at least its not wet.

• Novice_investor101
    Options
    Bitterly cold today. Tomorrow down to be even colder. Temp on weather app is 3c max, feels like -1c.
    My walk to work will feel like -6c at 7am....! I'll be getting the winter hat out to go with the winter coat. Snow forecast for Saturday. Not likely to hang around tho.

I've got into the habit of using my 3kw fan heater (on the half setting) a lot - sat in front of it now.... Off to switch the CH on as that's more cost effective.
    Looks like this week will be the test of whether the house stats adequately warm with the boiler CH temp turned down to 70c.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback