PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• chickens11
    Options
    So cold last few days , so woodburner alight 24/7 from now on .....Soon be December and so far done so very well with the heating so far this winter...Ive got a bunker full of coal bought throughout the summer months and a free supply of logs so im quite happy ......Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It has become noticeably colder lately. Yesterday it didn't stop raining, and felt like night at 2.30pm.

I went out for a walk at lunchtime, and although the surroundings are very pleasant I couldn't help but think how much nicer it would be walking at 7am on a dry summer day. Now I'm sitting in my "sunspot" and can't help but notice its on the descendent. 30 days until the winter solstice, another 30 to get back to where we are now in terms of daylight...it's all so depressing.

Heating defo on, I could not cope with coming home to a cold house.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Temp down to 3c outside, fells like -1c if the BBC weather app is to be believed.
    Heating is most definitely on & I've put the thermostat up to 18c, which is a nice 20c in the lounge & 21c upstairs in the bedrooms.

Having it set at 16c on the thermostat has kept the rooms a steady 18c downstairs/19upstairs these past couple of weeks, but now the chill has really set in I'd like the heat to hang about a bit longer after the heating goes off at 8pm.

As I'm off work for the next 4 days I'll be having the heating on in the days - time to spend the money I saved in the mild weather!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    The house is fully heated and has been for hours, but for some reason I feel painfully cold this evening. It is not a nice sensation.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Living_proof
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    The house is fully heated and has been for hours, but for some reason I feel painfully cold this evening. It is not a nice sensation.

I think it's because we have had it so good for so long, and barring the odd cool day it's been great since April. We now have to reacquaint ourselves with the 'normal' British weather and just look forward to next April when the weather will be on the ascendant again. Hope springs eternal and all that. I too very much noticed the change this afternoon, when it felt decidedly chill but compared to some of the temperatures we had early last year, this is decidedly puny.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Definitely on this morning as it was a very hard frost last night and very cold , but I don't mind as its gone on later than normal so I have lots of pre paid credit in my account
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Very definitely ON and UP.

My standard pattern is to have it coming on at 5am and going off at 9am, then on again at 5 until 9 in the evening, and that's normally more than enough especially if I'm out during the day.
    But OH is working away, and I'm working from home at the moment, so more heat is definitely needed. I've also got a big thick roll-neck jumper on, with a T-shirt underneath and a cardigan on top!! And when I go up to the office to start work, I'll be switching the fan heater on too!!

The dampness seems to suck heat out of a house. Give me a proper cold crisp frosty morning any time.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • chickens11
    Options
    Its been damp , dank and depressing grey skies for today , Im also a lover of frosty sunny days , the damp penetrates the old bones ...Ive got the woodburner alight as usual and I keep it in everynight now as nearly December it wont get any warmer .....Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I'm sitting here with the heating on, plus two thick layers over my ordinary clothes plus HWB. It feels better, but still not what I would call a comfortable temperature. If I can't warm up further I shall resort to a duvet on top.

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You must be coming down with the Lurgy, vfm :(

Following the previous freezing week with no gas ive been running the heating to 18C with boiler set to low which was perfect. This evening the boiler has thrown in the towel so it’s back to the 1970s again :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback