Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    efus wrote: »
    Thanks to you both for the feedback. As justice has posted about the delayed incoming flight, that is the same lines I was thinking on. Have passed it on to Bott & Co to see where it goes. Fingers crossed!

Please do come back with an update of how the case goes.
  • efus
    efus Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Will Do....
  • ian5411
    Options
    After 8 months, my compensation claim against TAP has been awarded by Aviation ADR on December 2nd. Their rules state that the airline must pay within 30 days, but this hasn't happened. The MSE guide doesn't say what happens next, nor can I find any reference online. Who's task is it to make the airline pay? And is there any penalty if they don't?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ian5411 wrote: »
    After 8 months, my compensation claim against TAP has been awarded by Aviation ADR on December 2nd. Their rules state that the airline must pay within 30 days, but this hasn't happened. The MSE guide doesn't say what happens next, nor can I find any reference online. Who's task is it to make the airline pay? And is there any penalty if they don't?

This is what AviationADR say...

Our Powers
    AviationADR’s Principal Powers Are:
    a. to direct that a Member take, or desist from taking, such steps as he may specify, including the issuing of a formal apology to the Complainant;
    b. to direct that a Member pay the Complainant a financial Award, in full and final settlement, not exceeding £25,000 by way of compensation for i) actual proven financial loss and/or aggravation, distress and/or inconvenience caused by the act(s) or omission(s) which was/were the subject matter of the complaint and/or ii) any reasonable proven costs incurred by the complaint in bringing the complaint.

If the provider is a member of AviationADR, they will be contractually obligated to implement our decision.

I suggest you get back in touch with AviationADR and inform them that you are still awaiting payment. Hopefully you have already supplied your bank account details for them to pay it into, otherwise ask how and when that should be done.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ian5411
    Options
    I have already contacted Aviation ADR, but not received any reply. Yes, all my bank details have been forwarded. So that still doesn't answer the question: what powers does Aviation ADR have if an airline doesn't pay the compensation which it is contractually obliged to pay?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ian5411 wrote: »
    I have already contacted Aviation ADR, but not received any reply. Yes, all my bank details have been forwarded. So that still doesn't answer the question: what powers does Aviation ADR have if an airline doesn't pay the compensation which it is contractually obliged to pay?

I'm afraid that's it, they will not take them to court.

The only threat to the airline seems to be that AviationADR will not work with them in the future if they don't keep to the agreement.

Thats why I suggested to keep pushing AviationADR.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or use the ESCP/MCOL process to take TAP to court for non payment
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • efus
    efus Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    efus wrote: »
    Will Do....
    As a quick update folks, have now handed the case over to Botts & Co who are fully aware of the loss of ATC at Birmingham on my departure date. They are however of the opinion that this does not let Turkish Airlines off the hook. Will just sit back with crossed fingers and see what happens. Will keep you updated as things progress.
  • dbhadri
    Options
    Hi - wanted some advice around the entitlement to compensation under the EU legislation.

My family and I travelled from Heathrow to Orlando on Delta airlines via Detroit. The Heathrow to Detroit leg was on time, but we were delayed on the second leg from Detroit to Orlando by over four hours.

1. Do I qualify for the EU compensation of 600 euros per person as the ticket was London to Orlando, or not as the delayed leg was a domestic flight within the USA?

2. Delta have said that this is not covered by EU legislation and have offered me $100 credit voucher per person, but as I have no plans to fly before the voucher expires in January 2020, can i ask for this to be changed to a bank transfer for the same amount?

Any advice greatly appreciated
    Cheers
    Dee
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It depends on the reason for the delay on the second leg.
    Do you know what the cause of the delay was?
    If it's not an EC then Delta are wrong and compensation of 600euros each is due.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport