TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It seems like the DD not debiting is common among a few of us.

Mine was due on the 8th and as yet still hasn't debited.

I don't want to make a manual payment as that will mess up my DDs for interest on my Club Lloyds account.

@Ben - I also have minus (-) signs on my statement. This may be the way they are now showing spending on a CC. It's a new one on me but as long as they provide a plus (+) when they have the payment or a refund then it should work out in the end.

I'm going to sit it out and hope they take it before the end of May - finger's crossed anyway.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • juliamarsh
    juliamarsh Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My direct debit hasn't gone out today either. And like others, if I look at the credit card transactions online there are minus signs and about 3 months worth of transactions. No option to send a secure message so you have no choice but to ring up and hang on the phone. Think I might post up on their Facebook page :mad:
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    juliamarsh wrote: »
    ... so you have no choice but to ring up and hang on the phone. Think I might post up on their Facebook page :mad:

That'll be a waste of time.
    I posted on their Twitter feed and got the reply "Have you given us a phone call?"
    I could spend 30 minutes on the phone telling them that my direct debit didn't go out, I can only see the last 20 transactions on any account, no access to statements, my online "statement due" date is being populated with the payment due date, the amount due has been blank or £0.00 since the meltdown started, the confirm button to change back to paper statements isn't active, the "download transactions" function offers me the option to download into "Quiquen", but all I will get is platitudes and windup excuses that it isn't affecting everyone.

I'm just going to wait a couple of days and then see whether (1) they manage to produce a statement, (2) allow me to read the contents of that statement and (3) manage to credit the cashback I earned last month.

What really brasses me off as an engineer, is that nobody appeared to carry out any testing of the "new" website - when you have a front end with spelling mistakes, non-functional links, and fields populated with incorrect values, it becomes obvious that the migration was under resourced and they were forced to recruit their UK customer base to act as alpha testers.

PochiSoldi
  • juliamarsh
    Options
    PochiSoldi I wondered exactly the same about whether the new website was tested before it went live - incredibly and inexplicably I can't see that it can have been - very alarming for a so called 'professional' organisation! I agree with everything you say, which was why I abandoned my phone call today, and also knew it would be pointless to ring up when I couldn't get into my bank account or make payments last week so I just waited. I have however sent them a private message on Facebook, detailing the problem and asking them to confirm that I won't incur late payment charges or miss out on my cashback as a result. At least then I have a written record that I have contacted them, and it was a lot quicker than waiting on the phone! I did also post up on their wall, although judging by the myriad other posts from people with far more dire problems than mine I don't expect a response!
  • mrssjs
    mrssjs Posts: 627 Forumite
    Options
    My DD should have been taken from Halifax on 27.04.2018 but it still hasn't. For some reason I cannot (never been able to) see my credit card on my TSB banking page (just my banking accounts). I cannot get through on the phone at all
  • juliamarsh
    Options
    mrssjs wrote: »
    For some reason I cannot (never been able to) see my credit card on my TSB banking page (just my banking accounts).

It doesn't appear automatically, there is an option online to request for it to be added to your viewable accounts......when conditions are operating normally that is, but who knows when or whether that will happen again
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TSB should have pulled a minimum payment by DD today.
    Given their ongoing problems I made a manual payment 2 days before the scheduled DD date. This should not have stopped the DD being used.

The DD has not yet been pulled.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    TSB should have pulled a minimum payment by DD today.
    Given their ongoing problems I made a manual payment 2 days before the scheduled DD date. This should not have stopped the DD being used.

The DD has not yet been pulled.

My last payment should have been minimum on DD, and balance by bill payment.
    The bill payment went through some time between 0100 and 0130.

According to https://www.bacs.co.uk/documentlibrary/dd_introduction.pdf the claiming a DD payment process takes 3 days: Day 1: Input (organisation submits the payment request to BACS), Day 2: processing (by bank/building society), Day 3: Entry (the money gets paid over).

So there's no way there can be a correlation between a scheduled payment made less than 2 days before the DD was due and TSB failing to request payment.

I'm just waiting for someone at Chaos Central to push the wrong button and everyone's delayed direct debit gets pulled X weeks after the event, in which case I'll just invoke the DD guarantee and get my money back. (because I made a second bill payment on the day, when I realised the DD process had failed).

PochiSoldi
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should have waited....don't panic people
    you are covered by the DD or TSB when they get
    their system working again ??

hopefullly
  • P-Nuts
    P-Nuts Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hahaha TSB have just sent me a second "PLEASE BEAR WITH US" letter, dated the same date. I've only complained once so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure