We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I am a Bridezilla and my confession is....

Options

Comments

• stationaryace
    stationaryace Posts: 701 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2011 at 6:58PM
    Options
    I am a Bridezilla and my confession is that my future FiL has stolen my honeymoon so now I want to change it.

OH and I had been discussing a holiday to Florida to do Disney, theme parks (in particular a beer one for OH) and other silly we're-not-quite-grownup activities. Secretly I thought "oooh perfect honeymoon" (given the cost) but as we weren't engaged I kept it on ice til OH proposed last month. At the parents engagement meal last night future FiL pops out with "don't tell the kids (OH's niece and nephew) but we're planning to take them to Disneyland in Florida next year" :eek: [STRIKE]MY[/STRIKE] OUR HOLIDAY, [STRIKE]MINE[/STRIKE] OURS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

now I know we are not all going together and that we are only going to go in the same year but I don't want to come back from honeymoon and have the kids going "we did that" "we did that" "we did that" :cool:

it wouldn't be so bad but we haven't even booked anything yet :p

*promises to sit in the corner and start behaving*
    when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up she knows she's losing it :o
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm a bridezilla because I wish my bridesmaids would just wear what I ask them too.
    I also wish someone I know hadn't brought her wedding forward by 5 months to the weekend before mine. I also wish I was getting married now!!!!!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • buddiebabe
    buddiebabe Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    I am a bridezilla because i really cant be bothered anymore!!! Am sick of wedding talk am sick of people saying oooohh its getting closer are you excited..... NOOOOOOOOOO im stressed out my box by people going on at me about what i should be doing and have you not done that yet comments!!!

I wanted a sweetie table but everyone thinks its a silly idea... why waste money on that...?? whats the point??? everyone will just eat all the sweets and then not eat their dinner!!! AAARRRGGHHHH!!!

Even trying to engage OH to get the stuff together is stressing me! When i show him things he's not interested.... who said weddings were fun?!?!?!?

Oh and to top it off my sister fell and broke her ankle on Friday night which means that she is getting an operation today to put a plate in it and it also means that the weight she was going to try and lose she won't be able to as she will have to stay sitting i just hope she doesn't put on too much weight or her dress wont fit and its a size 26 which was already a bit tight...

OMG im such a w*tch!

Rant over am going to go back to lurking now :o

Buddiebabe x
    DEBT OUTSTANDING 23.04.17 £16802.97
  • laurarobby
    laurarobby Posts: 656 Forumite
    Options
    buddiebabe wrote: »
    I am a bridezilla because i really cant be bothered anymore!!! Am sick of wedding talk am sick of people saying oooohh its getting closer are you excited..... NOOOOOOOOOO im stressed out my box by people going on at me about what i should be doing and have you not done that yet comments!!!

I wanted a sweetie table but everyone thinks its a silly idea... why waste money on that...?? whats the point??? everyone will just eat all the sweets and then not eat their dinner!!! AAARRRGGHHHH!!!

Even trying to engage OH to get the stuff together is stressing me! When i show him things he's not interested.... who said weddings were fun?!?!?!?

Oh and to top it off my sister fell and broke her ankle on Friday night which means that she is getting an operation today to put a plate in it and it also means that the weight she was going to try and lose she won't be able to as she will have to stay sitting i just hope she doesn't put on too much weight or her dress wont fit and its a size 26 which was already a bit tight...

OMG im such a w*tch!

Buddiebabe x

aww i dont think the sweetie table is a crap idea we are having one instead of doing favours and we are keeping it under cover until the food has been had! so people dont just eat them. they will have little bags to fill and hopefully people wont be greedy and just fill one bag! lol x
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    buddiebabe wrote: »

OMG im such a w*tch!

Buddiebabe x

I totally understand Buddiebabe.

I don't think the sweetie table is a bad thing. It seems to have gone down rather well at other weddings on this board. If you want it, have it.

Here is my latest blog post where I've gone totally Bridezilla. I would replicate it on here but I really needed to swear.

Really had enough now.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • buddiebabe
    buddiebabe Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    I totally understand Buddiebabe.

I don't think the sweetie table is a bad thing. It seems to have gone down rather well at other weddings on this board. If you want it, have it.

Here is my latest blog post where I've gone totally Bridezilla. I would replicate it on here but I really needed to swear.

Really had enough now.

I've just read you blog and thing you need some really dodgy looking hugs :grouphug: i love the song you have picked wish i could choose what i wanted but i've been told well you are walking down the aisle to here comes the bride... no ifs or buts!!

Never mind that its my wedding... i was just looking at sweetie tables on line and keep getting drawn to one picture but i know that no matter what i do its not going to look anything like that and the amount of time and effort i will have to put into finding the jars and sweets then there is the money factor... is it really worth it??

I think i'll join you codemonkey on the im going to eat chocolate part of your blog!!!
    DEBT OUTSTANDING 23.04.17 £16802.97
  • Impet_Limpet
    Impet_Limpet Posts: 690 Forumite
    Options
    Your blog made me laugh so much! :rotfl:
    :kisses2: Got married September 2011:smileyhea

• becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    codemonkey I do love your blog!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • bettyB_2
    bettyB_2 Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    ooh excellent blog *bookmarked* :)

I am loving this thread- i have only just got engaged so it's all fun and happy, silly ideas and wishful thinking about colours, food, music etc right now. This thread is keeping me grounded though and I am bearing in mind that at some point in the next year or so I am going to realise that organising a 'nice simple' wedding without any stress or misery (or murderous thoughts!) is nigh on impossible!! haha :D
    Betty B: The Eternal Procrastinator....
    Why Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today? :A
  • Angel_of_Tomfoolery
    Options
    codemonkey, your blog actually made me LOL! So much of it sounds so familiar...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport