PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

I am in love with my Panasonic breadmaker

Options
How fickle am I? A couple of weeks ago, I was madly in love with my new (very first) dishwasher!

Today, my affection has been transferred to my new Panasonic breadmaker!

I replaced my Morphy Richards with the above this week. I passed the MR on to my neighbour who is over the moon with it! My first loaf with the PS has turned out beautifully, far superior to my MR bread.

Now I have to buy the Lakeland knife thingy to get slimmer slices and then hopefully that will be the end of my OS spending spree :)
Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

Comments

• Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    i know how it is, I'm in love with my panasonic too!

P.S. i bought a breadcutter machine for £24.99 from Argos. I found it's worth it because you can cut thin slices (at least as thin as bought sliced bread) so avoid the doorstep type sandwiches you might otherwise get with HM bread.
  • SomersetPrincess
    Options
    ZZiggi thank you so mauch - didnt evem know Argos DID bread slicers! My hopmemade bread slices are indeed like doorstops - I think I feel a trip to Argos coming on next month! Does it slice in different size thicknesses?
    Kirsty, Taunton, xxx
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    The one i bought from argos is:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3151&productId=117790&Trail=C%24cip%3D21255.Household%2Bappliances%3EC%24cip%3D21308.Kitchen%2Bappliances%3EC%24cip%3D21310.Electrical%2Bkitchen%2Bgadgets&categoryId=21310&clickfrom=link

It has a dial where you can vary the thickness of your slice. I tend to set my dial to about the same thickness as bought sliced bread.

P.S. I do think this machine is a touch lethal, spinning blade puts fear into me. Usually send OH to cut bread.
  • SomersetPrincess
    Options
    I agree I think this could be an OH job! Thanks so much for the info - it looks fab!
    Kirsty, Taunton, xxx
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zziggi wrote:
    i know how it is, I'm in love with my panasonic too!

P.S. i bought a breadcutter machine for £24.99 from Argos. I found it's worth it because you can cut thin slices (at least as thin as bought sliced bread) so avoid the doorstep type sandwiches you might otherwise get with HM bread.

Oh no Zziggi! You have just triggered off another gadget obsession! That bread cutter looks fantabulous - the thing is it is rather big! The Lakeland thingy only costs £5.95. I would love it if someone on the forum can tell us if the knife is really effective.

I have been eating the loaf and it is delicious. I made up a new word today when the slices were all thick at one end and thin at the other. I said to my ds - "They are a bit squonky"! :)

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Squonky slices are the point of homemade bread surely???? The thicker the better I say - then I really can honeslty say - i've only had 2 slices..... ;)
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    squonky bread cutting!!! I'm afraid thats me too - im always getting laughed at in my house cos I cant cut bread straight either! think i will have to purchase the lakeland cutter too!:o
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pooky wrote:
    Squonky slices are the point of homemade bread surely???? The thicker the better I say - then I really can honeslty say - i've only had 2 slices..... ;)

Ha Ha! This means you are something of a Squonk addict!:)

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pooky is a squonky

Pooky is a squonky

Pooky is a squonky :rotfl:

What a great word! :D

What's the betting it becomes an Old Style word and has to be added to our list of TLA's?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don't make my own bread but I still can't cut bread straight either.

My husband claims that my problem is that I pin the bread down to the cutting board like it is going to run away :rotfl:

Have solved the problem by buying sliced bread. LOL!!!!!

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family