PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

I am in love with my Panasonic breadmaker

Options
199100101102103105»

Comments

• JennyW_2
    JennyW_2 Posts: 1,888 Forumite
    Options
    I prefer home made bread because of the lack of additives and I really like knowing what has gone in to it. For me the decision of breadmaker or bought isn't so much about whether it's cost effective it's about what I can produce with the machine.

I too cant help with the gluten free bread but I only make wholemeal bread in my breadmaker and as mentioned above, it's not about how much money I can save on each loaf of bread, it's about what's gone in to the loaf that counts for me.

The panasonic recipes are very good so I wouldn't have any concerns over their gluten free ones if I had to use them.
  • weegie_2
    weegie_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally....after a year of wanting one I am due to get a panny on my birthday in 10 days time :-)

Its the top model so I am well chuffed.

I've started reading the 'I'm in love with my panasonic breadmaker' thread for tips (especially on what flours are the best to use - I have tesco, sainsbury's, ASDA and Lidl all very close so I can take my pick for where to go for products) but it's just way too long. Can anything be done to cut down on the length of that thread so that it is just tips and handy info?
  • baggies666
    Options
    I have had mine a few weeks and love it, so welcome to the club
    May 2009 Debt-Free Wannabe

Mortgage £128,170.66
    DEBT1 [strike]£23,711[/strike]-[STRIKE]£15,711[/STRIKE] £5500
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    making bread in the panasonic is very easy and the results have been consistently good but how I missed my sourdough bread. I put my hm starter to sleep in the fridge when I bought the bm but a few days ago, I decided to do an experiment.

I woke up and fed my starter over 3 days so it got lively again and yesterday added w/meal flour to my basic white dough starter to bring it to the right consistency. I got weights from the french bread recipe and weighed 25 oz of my primitive sourdough into the bm plus 1 tsp salt and 1 oz butter and switched onto french bread bake. I kept a bit of an eye on it through the first knead and added 2 tbs more flour and then left it to its own devices

The result was A1 fantastic and I am a very very happy bunny. :j :j :j What could be better: home made organic sourdough bread. I used shiptons organic wholemeal flour this time and doves farm plus 000 flour to wake the starter up from day 1
  • jasmine33
    jasmine33 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    Bet you'll have it used straight away! The first loaf is SOOOOO exciting. I've had mine since September last year, it is on every day and I certainly wouldn't want to be without it EVER.Welcome to the Panny Club x
    Jasmine
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    weegie wrote: »
    Can anything be done to cut down on the length of that thread so that it is just tips and handy info?

Ok, seeing as you asked nicely :D I'm going to add this to the old Panasonic thread, close that, and start a new thread ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family