PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Obvious tips

Have you heard a tip and then smacked your forehead and thought I must be having a blonde day today as why did I never think of that.

I had one the other day. I use facial wipes. I only buy when on BOGOF in
wilkinson. And they where being to feel dry where the sticky bit was not sticking propery. So I turned the packet upside down on the shelf and now they stay moist. (No laughing at the back)

Another is turning clothes inside out to wash and hang on the line. It is suppose to stop they having so much wear. But also stops the sun from fading them.

Go on what is you most foreheading slapping tip you have.

Yours

Calley
Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    There was one posted the other day (thankyou OP) which was to whizz some water in my food processor when I'm done to help make the cleaning easier.

I routinely do this with my liquidiser and it had just plain never occured to me to do the same with the food processor.

Duh!

:)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Calley, i already do your two out of course of habit, it didn't occur to me they were tips!!!

I'm racking my brains to think of more, will have to post back.
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There was a post on the other day recommending cheap baby wipes to clean the keyboard of the computer. I had bought some of these, thought they were useless, and chucked them in the bin, and they had gone off to the dump!!!
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If you're in a rush chop up your veg much smaller [especially spuds] so they cook much quicker.
    Regards
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    larmy16 wrote:
    There was a post on the other day recommending cheap baby wipes to clean the keyboard of the computer. I had bought some of these, thought they were useless, and chucked them in the bin, and they had gone off to the dump!!!

why did you not keep them in the car (if you have one) for wiping off messy hands.

I keep the tesco value ones just for that.

Yours

Calley

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If your wipes are drying out - just add a bit of water into the pack and they are moist again. (The number of times I've seen or heard of ppl chucking perfectly good wipes out because that expensive ingredient.... water ..... had gone :D)
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i hated trying to get last bit of ketchup out of bottles, shaking it up and down until one of my kids pointed out that stored upsoide down it'd all come to the top. duh.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    my other ketchup tip is if you have a glass bottle and it won't pour stick a straw in with your finger over the end, remove your finger, which lets the air go up to the top and the sauce pours. works with salad cream too.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Another ketchup tip to get the last bit out is to use vinegar to swill it out.

Yours

Calley

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    I hate dusters (they need washing - and by hand, as the dye comes out), so treated myself to a pack of disposable Mr Sheen wipes, of which I use one a fortnight, and make it go round most of the house! :o
    In between times, for small areas that need a quick going over, I spray an aerosol of cheap supermarket own brand polish onto a piece of kitchen paper, or directly onto the surface and use the kitchen paper to polish with. No nasty dusters to deal with :D .

Incidentally, is there a polishing thread on here, as I don't believe either vinegar or bicarb would quite fit the bill on this matter! ??
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport