* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Happy birthday peppa
    I love everyone's stocking makes for the craft challenge, you've all been so much more imaginative than me. I can't choose a favourite
    Mines not finished but I'll post what I've done

gCG0Eq.th.jpg
    These are a work in progress I need to make 30, every year I make the class I dinnerlady for a little Christmas treat, I add little labels with the child's name on, a hanging loop and pop a sweetie of some story in for them.

I made this for my ds1, its from an old boxframe, he saves all the tickets when he goes to concerts etc. I lined it with music wrapping paper and decorated it with old scrabble tiles-there's a little slot for him to add more tickets after Christmas
    1JumrX.th.jpg
    I've started it off with were stuffed in Various boxes and envelopes under his bed.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Peppa! _party_

Love the crafts everyone! Plumduff - that stocking is adorable and such a lovely idea! Mrs Moneypenny - That concert ticket frame is amazing! :T

Can't believe it's the first of November already! :eek: Full steam ahead for Christmas now as we don't really do Bonfire Night here. Although maybe I ought to get my graduation this friday out the way first! :rotfl:

Need to get going on the crafts I've been planning on doing. And buy more presents!
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • freespirit66
    Options
    :bdaycake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEPPAPIG:bdaycake:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Cherry24
    Cherry24 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    I've been away for a couple of weeks as we have been busy moving into the cottage so I am pages and pages behind. In other news, I have bought all Christmas presents now which is a relief with everything else going on although I have no room for anything.

Happy Birthday Peppa, have a great day!

Going to try and catch up with everyone's posts.
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Happy birthday Peppa, have a good one!
    All the stocking projects look great, mine is just a red fabric stocking with a Christmas tree appliqued on it.
    I have written all but one of my cards, but l need to find a really special one for my bro and dsil, and l have wrapped and decorated 20 presents. Finished articles have filled quite a space, but in the stash room you cant tell it has reduced! DGN is fast asleep, her spots are going, and her tooth chip is not so bad. I knitted her a cardigan over the weekend, and she insisted this morning that she wanted to wear it NOW, typical girly eh?
    DGS1 is 14 tomorrow, but had his cards and presents on Sunday, and has nothing special marked out for tomorrow.
    Off l go, caffeine fix time!
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all!

Happy birthday Peppa, hope you have a wonderful day.

Welcome back Cherry, hope the move wasn't too crazy (we moved 18th december last year, it was mental!).

Plumduff - love the stocking!

Mrs Money - that is such a great idea! I have a lot of stubs, might give this a whirl, you've motivated me to do a little more.

Well its been barmy this end. Had the nieces Saturday, they slept straight through, good as gold. OH is back at work after a couple of days off, so its back to some form of routine. Now the not so good news - I found another lump on my spine yesterday (I broke my neck at 17 and four vertebrae at 24, and had surgeries over the last 18 months). It is in a new spot, so waiting for GP to call tomorrow, but does nothing for my anxiety!

Picked up a Mrs Brown's boys breakfast set in B&M yesterday for a tenner, it has two cups, two egg cups a toast rack and tea baga and Duers jam. Looks good! Also a chocolate Gruffalo from Wilkos for £2, that's one niece happy!

I've spent this morning PVA glueing tin foil to polystyrene insulation, as B&Q don't stock it in our store any more. Seems to be working fine, and the sun room might actually be warm this year!

Well I best get back to work, hugs to all who need them.
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday Peppa xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 November 2016 at 4:30PM
    Options
    So proud of Dd today , we went to Morrisons to do a small shop and donate food to the food bank. I wasnt expecting her to do it but she really enjoyed looking for items. It turned into a learning experience for her as she was looking for the most for her money.

I am currently sitting here hoping my 1st attempt at "easy" fudge sets , so far so good ! The only ingredients are 500g cheap choc , a tin of condensed milk a knob of butter and whatever flavour you want . I have used white choc and strawberry essence.
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afternoon everyone
    Congrats to Peppapig/free spirit/murie/msgiggle/04624181/plum duff/Mrs moneypenny and anyone I missed off stockings all brilliant and different wish I was more creative.
    Peppapig Happy Birthday
    Nic2075 sounds a perfect weekend.
    Mrs Moneypenny love the ticket box idea
    Mrs invisible you sound very organised hoping to get wrapping up done this weekend.

Brought few more bits and pieces need to wrap now my wrapping paper arrived and write in my book what I have got everyone then will feel better.
    Picked up gingerbread candle in HB for friends bday she was delighted with it can't wait to light mine waiting till December got another small hurricane lamp going to use these on Christmas table. Off to find small presents to fit in crackers any ideas please ?
    Frugal challenge 2024

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    So proud of Dd today , we went to Morrisons to do a small shop and donate food to the food bank. I wasnt expecting her to do it but she really enjoyed looking for items. It turned into a learning experience for her as she was looking for the most for her money.

Ooooo thank you for reminding me! I always do a food bank donation but this year I want to involve DD - I might give her £10 to spend on this and for her to practice her £'s and p's and help her appreciate all the treats and goodies we have should not be taken for granted!!! :mad:

I know we spoil her, silly really, neither of us came from money and we want her to have what we didn't... Challenge 2017 will be to get her thinking frugally! :) But letting her help me with the food bank shop is a great idea!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport