* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Gigglewick- ooh he is lovely! Loving the border you have on it!

Peppa- yup spooky or what?? The fireplace, stockings and foliage are die cuts and the text is typed as I have appalling handwriting! The card is photo glossy with stickles glue dotted everywhere to mask the big splodge of silicone glue I got across the front of the card!

We don't really do Halloween now the kids are older but I did buy a pretty ceramic pumpkin from the poundshop a while ago that I sprayed silver. I have some sweeties in reserve if any kids come to the door, if not I will have to eat them myself- it would be a shame to waste them wouldn't it?
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Good idea MSGIGGLEWICK, should have guessed you've have snuck an elf in somewhere lol.

MURIE I think I shall use your card as inspiration to make some of my own for immediate family. I didn't buy any of the family ones back in January as we had so much going on but I think this will be better. I'll have to print the wording at my sister's though as my printer has died (actually I think I euthenased it when I thumped the cartridge holder!). I think I'll use a range of quotes from The Night Before Christmas and just think of pics to go with them. Watch this space.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    advent_zpsz2iguiiw.jpg.html

hope the picture works
    Options
    [IMG][/img]advent_zpsz2iguiiw.jpg
    Options
    Yeah !!! I finally posted a picture!!!! This is the advent DD and I did yesterday DD wrote all the numbers on the stockings with silver marker and I tied all the stockings on the red ribbon. We will be using it for a family activities advent.
    Newthrift- Well done on the christmas organisation x
    nic2075- Glad you had a fab day, very jealous of a christmas fair! Fake snow sounds fab
    Free- Happy birthday to thumper! And wow to your stocking challenge this month, Well done. if you need any help eating them, let me know lol
    GTQ- Wow i would love to have my tree up lol
    Peppa- wow that is fantastic! love it!
    murie- love it! love the fieplace x
    msgigglewick love that craft, I cannot wait for our elf to come this year, seeing DD little face when her elf left her a note to cheer her up when she was ill on saturday melted my heart x
    aaargh have to dash have got dd at drs at 3.20
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Good idea 0462, loving the crafts everyone has done. Looking forward to getting next month's theme :T
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone,

PEPPAPIG yes it is buttercream, it feels very inadequate with the other craft entries lol

MURIE you are so talented at cardmaking my lovely, you really should go into business selling them, i cant wait to see what you and PEPPAPIG come up with next month haha

MSGIGGLEWICK love that the elf is in your challenge

04624181 i love your stockings i bet DD really enjoyed helping you make that. You are welcome to the rest of the cupcakes i am sick of them and still have about 8 left :D

LMG1305 i cant wait to take all DD1s halloween deccies down we have had them up since the first week of october and now they are driving me nuts, i need to clean and feel decluttered haha then only a month and the christmas deccies will be going up!!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hopefully all that hint dropping will have paid off and DH has felt well enough to make you a cake and that you have lots of Cath Kidston goodies (Hope all goes well today too x)

04624181 - those stockings are so cute! Bet DD is getting really excited now, is she feeling any better?

Free- the decorations are lovely but I can understand how you want them down to de clutter etc. I feel like that at the end of the Christmas period- I love the decorations being up but I need to take them down to feel cleaner lol. That is so kind of you about the cards, I do make cards when people ask but like cake making if you have to do it for someone else it becomes a chore rather than something you enjoy doing. Your cupcakes were beautiful, im sure they went down a treat x

Wow 1st November already! I cant believe the weather is so mild , yesterday afternoon I took the hound for a walk and I was absolutely boiling! was like early September, beautifully sunny and warm- Im not a fan of ice but I do love frost( if that's not contradictory) so I want the cooler weather to start.

Did we decide if we are doing a Christmas card swap in the end as I cant remember? Looking forward to seeing the next months challenge.

Take care everyone, hugs for those that need them x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Happy Birthday Peppa xxx
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I have cheated with my challenge this month as it is actually a memory stocking I was making for a friend. It's made of her wee girl's old baby clothes.

346832g.jpg

I'm not getting much organised for Xmas just now as I'm away on holiday next week and trying to get LIFE organised before I leave. Can't wait for next months challenge xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure