* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Any other christmas nut get up at 7am to watch the first film on Christmas 24? :D

I wasn't planning to, but I got up for the loo and seen the time.

I'm on the mend, thanks Murie for asking. Still have a slight sore throat and ear, but it's more niggly and not bothering me too much.

Ive been having more issues with my wee boy. He is 9 and just driving me to drink! He switches from being a sweet loving boy to a stubborn moody weirdo.
    I had a parent from my daughters dance class message me the other night. The boys and other kids who have to come along have to sit out on a landing. Usually they play fine, but my DS and another boy just don't get on. The pther wee rascal is nearly 6, but my DS is 9, so should know better. The mum said that DS was hitting and kicking and name calling. A few other things as well. It had me in tears. But when I spoke to DS the next morning, he admitted to name calling and had pushed the wee boy (the boy had been insulting him and he got mad) but insists he never hit Etc. The mum is now saying her 5 yr old wouldnt make it up. I have punished DS and a long chat etc. But the mum says she wants them to stay seperate and will speak to me tue.
    I apologised for everything that he did, but I want to defend him too. It now means he is punished even more by having to sit in the actual dance hall for an hour and a half while both DD's dance.
    I'm angry that after 4 yrs at this dance school it's my DS that's caused a horrible feeling.
    Everyone always says he is a nice well behaved wee boy, lovely manners. But the gran of the other boy heard DS saying to everyone to leave the other boy out the gang as he was horrible.
    The mum seems to think the 5 yr old is innocent. But ive heard him and he's no angel. I'm angry that because DS is a few years older, he is getting made out to be a monster. I know he's a wee so and so and shouldnt have did and said those things, but it's not all one sided.
    The bad feeling has just hung over me since Thursday. We go to class twice a week and he always needs to come :-(. I usually sit in as the teacher likes us to watch as she feels we can then understand corrections etc.

Sorry for the rambling rant. It's the first time I've really had other people having to say to me about my kids. And I'm disappointed in DS for being horrible and Disapointed in myself for having kids with a nasty steak :(
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning everybody, its raining here, washer is on, dd is playing with her lego and I thought I would catch up on here before a day of hopefully doing jobs. DDs cough is worse, bless her she is fed up. As a treat, and to cheer her up, I left her a chocolate elf lolly in her bed with a note off her elf last night. It was so lovely to see her little face light up, she was so excited. After another declutter and sort out I have "found" some more gifts I had forgotten about. Have written everything down and im impressed with how well we are doing for gifts. I need to start writing christmas cards too xx Want to write some for the kids at school too, with 7 classes to cover, that is some writing lol xxx

Peppa- YEAH!!! 2 more to go, you are nearly there.
    Mrs Moneypenny- We cooked our turkey on christmas eve for the first time last year and it saved us so much time on christmas day. Will use your reheat tip this year, thanks x fab news about the panto!
    GTQ- I love aladdin, pantos are a fab way to start christmas xx
    Free- It has been a challenge this month for me too, going to get DD to help me finish my craft later on this afternoon. YEAH your birthday treat sounds amazing, you will have a fantastic time xx
    murie- glad you are ok, sounds like you and peppa are on the same wavelength with this months craft lol
    mummybear3- hiya, thats a good idea with the white sheets as a backdrop.
    MrsI- I think contacting local businesses is a fab idea, many will gladly donate. Oh no poor DGN, I feel her mums pain, my DS did it when he was 11! the dentist put a temporary filling on it to make it look the right shape but they said that our front teeth naturally grind down so it wouldnt matter as he got older. I was crying!! Glad dd avon party went well
    Nic2075- You are a true christmas nut with your 7 am wake up lol xx As a mum I feel your pain when it comes to going through the hormonal influxes that happen to our children. Kids are kids and every parent has to deal with a moment that you are going through right now. You have apologised and have made sure that your son is dealing with the consequences to his actions, unfortunately not all parents are as responsible as you are. You sound like a good parent sorting the situation out and your son has been honest with you and told you what he has done. It sounds like the other parent is thinking her child was an innocent victim which is unlikely and I would be worried why is her child not being honest with her. the other child will cause mischief again and everybody will be able to see who the issue is with. Parents are not daft xx Big hugs xx
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    I've been making good progress with the presents! Had a bit of a splurge in the garden centre next door to me (as much a "gift emporium" as a garden centre these days!), and got some good deals on foody items for various family members. Only really got sister and best mate to buy for now. :)
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • nic2075
    Options
    Thanks 0462, I do know in myself he will grow out of it and most kids have these moments. Just shocked at some of her accusations and her not just putting it to bed once I apologised and told her DS will say sorry to her son when we see him next etc. I'm hoping my DS will be happy enough to just sit next to me with a book and I will see if his dad can meet me on his way back from work to try and hand him over for a bit. It's not fair he gets dragged along to dancing twice a week for 2 hrs. But I do try and make sure he gets a magazine or something to do and he gets his guitar lessons.
    Ive restricted his time on his Xbox and tablet a couple of weeks ago and I do think it's helped his behaviour, but thurs was a big blip.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Bought the ultimate Christmas mag this morning as I had a half price coupon not overly impressed-a couple of recipes I'll use but not really much else that grabbed me.
    Got a nice big box of stocking fillers off dd1 for ds1 she had smoke pints she needed to us from a work catalogue but nothing she wanted but mentioned a load of guitar players accessories were one of the offers. I said if she got it I'd give her cash to buy herself something she wants so did that. That's all of his stocking bits sorted now.

Want to get ds2s gf some Marc jacobs daisy prefume as we've already got her concert tickets.

Mil is about sorted she wanted nighties, bedsocks etc and always gets abottle and a tin of chocolates

Got some more Christmas crafting I need to get on with.

Have a good weekend all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Photos went well this morning. Had to get up early though so now I'm worn out. Looking forward to that extra hour tomorrow! :rotfl:

Wow Free, lucky you! What a lovely birthday treat. :T

Nic - I think your son's honesty shows he's a good boy really. :) And you sound like you're dealing with the situation well to me!
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nic it sounds like the other parents feels that her ds is sweet & innocent and is putting the full blame on your ds as he's older :mad: ok so yes maybe he should know better than to fight with a younger child but in the moment its hard to do. My ds is a little older but I have the same problem with him and taz they are always arguing and fighting and I must admit I can be quick to blame him as hes "older and should know better" but if i'm honest taz instigates it porbably 90% of the time. Just because they are younger doesn't mean they didn't start the fight and being younger they are more likely to stretch the truth about what really happened. You have punished ds for what he did/apparently did and he should apologise to the other child but I don't think they have any right to demand that he sits out unless the other child is made to do the same as they were both involved.I certainly wouldn't make him either as its unfair to continue to punish him for a 1 off incident. if it happened again then yes further action should be taken but I would give him the chance to learn from his mistake. I'd tell him this time you can sit outside and play however if you fight/argue cause a problem again then in future you will have to sit in with me. Maybe talk to him about what to do if said child upsets again him rather than fighting back.

Fiesty love the cabin net you can't wait to get everything up and running. little my is growing fast she may not have really seemed that interested in pumpkin picking this year but you'll have some wonderful memories for her. Sorry to hear about your friends brother my condolences

Freespirit your london break sounds great you must be excited

04624181 hope dd is feeling better soon. there is so much going around at the mo both my boys have been a bit off colour this week not really ill but not well if that makes sense.

princesskitty hope your settling in ok surprising how much time it actually takes

I brought one of the no7 calendars ummed & ahhed for ages then realised I had some money in my paypal account I'd forgotten about but by then they'd sold out online so I figured it wasn't meant to be however when i popped instore for the points event thurs night they had 2 left so I got the extra bonus points too.
    The baubles I preordered from aldi came they are better than I expected for the price my only complaint is the pouches of glitter weren't sealed properly so its leaked everywhere but that's nothing really.
    My book people order came and included a full size free sachet of sanctury salt scrub so that's a bonus stocking/hamper filler for dd.
    Still trying to get taz to decide on a main gift but he keeps changing his mind I've told him we need to write a letter to santa soon to let him know what he would like to get the most if he's been good enough. He's happy with whatever he gets and he's asked for lots of general things like playdoh/lego where he's not fussed on specific sets but he's really getting into the idea of santa and I don't want him to be disappointed xmas day that santa didn't get him xyz.

Nectar double up is coming soon 16-22nd nov so might wait and get one of the games ds is after then.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • nic2075
    Options
    Thanks Mandco, great advice. Thankfully this other boy isn't always there, so I can gauge it and give him a chance. The door is usually wedged open, but was closed over on thurs, which didn't help.
    My youngest is 5 and she's definitely always winding my other 2 up. So I know they are capable. I'm sure it will all blow over if I keep and eye on DS and keep communicating with him so he can tell me what's bothering me. My biggest advice to him was to remove himself from the situation, if someone is winding him up or being mean. Just get away and take time to calm down. The joys of kids x
  • sss2000
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining your thread, wow there are a lot of posts to read lol.

Starting to slightly panic that Christmas is around the corner yikes where has the year went! I have bought 3 quite big presents so far but nothing else. Kids don't really know what they would like which isn't helpful.
    I love the month of December, all the buzz, concerts at school etc, it's so magical!
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome to the thread FLUBBERYZING and SSS2000, you're in the right place for all things Christmas.

MRSINVISIBLE glad DDs party went well but sorry to hear about poor DGN and her tooth.

Had a chilled afternoon watching films on Christmas24 (thanks for the reminder NIC) so feeling very festive this evening and looking at christree tree decs on line. I like the vintage style glass ones - M&S and John Lewis have some really nice glass ones but I'm wary of buying in case they have a flash sale. Mind you the ones I like will probably be sold out if they do so maybe I should just buy them anyway. I've got the urge to buy a really tall tree this year but the tree we've got is fine really so not sure I can justify the expense.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family