January 2014- Take Your Lunch To Work Thread.

Options

Comments

• mannysmom
    Options
    Day 8/20 for me done today. Cheese and chutney sandwich and an apple :)
  • Giggles86
    Giggles86 Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    It's still going well...tuna and lettuce wraps today with cherry tomatoes. That makes 8/16 I'm halfway to my target. Might beat it the way I'm going!
    *2014 £365/365days - £52/£365* *20p Savers club #17 £12.00/£50*
    March 2014 NSD 0/15 take lunch to work march 0/21
    sealed Pot Challenge #260
    NMB books: 6/94+ NMB DVDs: 13/67
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away."
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Updated to here :)
  • Dozey_crow
    Options
    Hello all, hope your evening is going well...

. Moomin.,.I think you can count your lunch if you wfh. I usually do because the same rules apply but w2bse is the expert on these matters.

I had a lovely lunch today. My Mum met me in town and we went to a cafe. I had a goats cheese and char grilled vegetable wrap which was delicious... and Mum paid so still a LTW.:T Oh and sorry to mention chocolate cake again but we all had a second slice today... so not a bad day diet wise but not the best:) either.

I am bored of soup so I have frozen the last portion. I have salad for tomorrow with a seeded bread roll and I am really looking forward to it.

I also have done weight to lose and will have to be much stricter next week. I will have to get my thinking cap on for some healthy ideas for next week. I may have a go at making falafel myself... Mmmm food for thought... See what I did there :T:rotfl:

I'm here all week try the veal! :rotfl:
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    I'm taking gammon and mushroom quiche tomorrow, a change from soup.

001_zps6779799c.jpg
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Dozey_crow wrote: »
    Hello all, hope your evening is going well...

. Moomin.,.I think you can count your lunch if you wfh. I usually do because the same rules apply but w2bse is the expert on these matters.

Definitely! Mooomin, do you want me to add another one? Some days i eat my LTW at home because i get home at 1pm, and i still count that as a LTW.

Oh and sorry to mention chocolate cake again but we all had a second slice today... so not a bad day diet wise but not the best:) either.

Oh DC, i'd say thats very restrained! I am happy to report that i have had no junk food at all today. No chocolate or crisps :T
    I also have done weight to lose and will have to be much stricter next week. I will have to get my thinking cap on for some healthy ideas for next week. I may have a go at making falafel myself.

Let me know if you think of some super healthy LTWs. All i can come up with is Soup and salad!

Soworried wrote: »
    I'm taking gammon and mushroom quiche tomorrow, a change from soup.

001_zps6779799c.jpg

That looks lovely, So! Can you share the recipe please?
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Definitely! Mooomin, do you want me to add another one? Some days i eat my LTW at home because i get home at 1pm, and i still count that as a LTW.

Nah, I'm fine :D I only want to count the ones where I'm in the office because that's where I'm at risk of spending ;) If I'm working from home it's a battle to get out of my jammies, never mind wander outside and forage for food :rotfl::rotfl:

I'd love a recipe for that quiche - I have a massive gammon to cook tomorrow so any ideas for leftovers would be fab.
  • Dozey_crow
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »

Oh DC, i'd say thats very restrained! I am happy to report that i have had no junk food at all today. No chocolate or crisps :T

Let me know if you think of some super healthy LTWs. All i can come up with is Soup and salad!

That looks lovely, So! Can you share the recipe please?

Yes it wasn't the worst day for food. I really do need to cut down though. Part of my problem is that I eat when I am anxious or bored and I am usually either one out the other!!! Shall see we try and support each other?

Some girls in the office are doing the 5:2 diet but that is not for me. I am doing a good old fashioned calorie reduction. I am aiming for 1500 per day max but will probably be around 1300.

Yeah I am a bit stuck on soup or salad myself. Will have a think about options.

I am happy to post what I am eating if anyone is interested. It will be nice of we can support each other.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah I am a bit stuck on soup or salad myself. Will have a think about options.

I am happy to post what I am eating if anyone is interested. It will be nice of we can support each other.

I do WW and find lunches a real pain in the behind...I only get 26 points per day and use 9/10 of those on breakfast to fill up and then another 10 for dinner, so lunches have to be low point to let me have a wee snack through the day ;)

I do salads in summer and often take leftovers from dinner the night before that I can heat in the microwave. This one is a favourite.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2014 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Gammon and mushroom quiche recipe
    pastry
    140 g white plain flour
    140g of wholemeal flour
    140g of butter or margarine
    Pinch of salt

Mix to a breadcrumb consistency and add water a few mls at a time until a dough is formed. Roll it out and fill your greased flan dish. Blind bake for 5 minutes while you beat 4 eggs, a pinch of salt and pepper. Add a grind of black pepper then double the amount with milk.

To your pastry case add whatever you have left over, this one had onion, spring onions, gammon mushrooms and cheese. Pour on the egg mix and bake at 180 for 15 mins then turning up to 200 for 15 mins.
    That makes sure that the base is cooked properly. Then enjoy :)
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income