We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

January 2014- Take Your Lunch To Work Thread.

Options

Comments

• Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Day 10 completed today

I am taking some ham and pea soup tomorrow and a banana that needs used up.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Updated to here :) As always, let me know if i have made any mistakes or missed you out on the update :)

LTW for tomorrow is going to be a Ham and Cheese Sandwich with some fruit, nuts and seeds.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Forgot to say- Thanks Soworried for the quiche recipe :)
  • Fliparoo
    Fliparoo Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have done another three LTWs this week.
    Monday should have been a LTW but after my soup, I bought some Mini Cheddars from the Vending Machine :mad:

#52 = 9/12 days
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,740 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 January 2014 at 11:32PM
    Options
    Two bagels with salmon, cream cheese and rocket for me today so that's 8 out of 18. The bagels worked out at about £1.75 each so not the cheapest option I could have had, but they were yummy. I could have made them cheaper too if I had bought Tesco basic soft cheese for 40p rather than Philly cheese for £2 from Sainsbury's. Also if I had bought the smoked salmon offcuts supermarkets do now - I did get the salmon on a deal, but could have done that cheaper too. But hey. At least these are the sorts of things I think about now :)
  • lovelife79
    Options
    Very nearly didn't take my ltw. Felt disorganised when I woke up but found a tin of soup n took that with some bread for toast n dairylea - yum!

Half way there! #82 - 6/12
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooohhhh I thought I posted yesterday after work to say day 11 in the bag - how did I manage to not do that?? :o Definately roll on the weekend here lol

Managed lunch and snack yesterday in work though my morning was pulled in all direction so I got back to my desk just before lunctime and so didn't get time to eat my porridge. Thank goodness I'd had banana at home!

Thanks to Mr Shortie I have a freezer lunch - no leftovers from dinner and I went to bed early and woke up late this morning. Whhoooops. So Mr Shortie ran out tk tbe freezer and got me the last of the YS Mr T pasta dishes out for lunch today, bless 'im :D
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, WTBSE, there was a chickpea buger recipe linked yesterday on the frugal challenge thread.. it looks quite different to the falafel recipes I've seen so far but I'm going to give them a shot when I get the chance as they might be a nice alternative?
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Bad_Weather
    Options
    DAY 12/20 = FAIL

My total remains at 11/20 - I am sorry all, I hang my head in shame.

I bought a bagel for brekkie and I am buying a salad for lunch to go with my soup.

I’ll go stand in the corner now… L
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    #6 for me although I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying a snack today at some point. I'm eating everything in sight :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport