We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

January 2014- Take Your Lunch To Work Thread.

Options

Comments

• BrandNewStart2014
    Options
    Making a sandwich for work is starting to become part of the routine, so am now on day 10/22. Need to vary the content a bit though, so far it's either been chicken or cream cheese....
    Sealed pot challenge #304
    Take your lunch to work #59
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello All,

Quick update, had Monday and Tuesday off, ate at home, the rest of this week will be quiche (different one to last week) so far,

8/22
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Delilahh
    Delilahh Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    4/10 for me today!
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 306
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,740 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    hi all, ate the last of the fish stew for lunch today so that is 7 out of 18. I was surprised in a way it lasted most of the week because the fish was all bought from Tesco from their clearance shelf, where things are supposed to be on their last legs, but the stew was yummy today as it has been all week, so just goes to show. :)
  • lovelife79
    Options

Day 5 out of 12

What a day! Took car for mot (which it failed sadly) but then the garage I used, their computer system failed so they couldnt order parts so I went for a pre work afternoon nap to be rudely awoken by a missed call, no message left. Phoned to check on car to discover it wad ready, but was too late for me to pick up.which is finedas can get it on way home.

However, had to get 2 trains to work. 1st was delayed by 20mins whilst I was sitting on it. Hmpf! Never mind at least I still took my lunch to work. (Although did buy crisps and some juice as poor me treat!)
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I tried couscous for lunch yesterday and hated it so back to sandwiches for me! I've completed 10/22 days now :) I've got this morning off work so going to grab a bite to eat at work.

Someone is having a leaving lunch at work on Friday so looks like I'm not going to make my target of 22 days this month :(
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £249/4000
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Urgh, what a naff day yesterday lovelife79

So, today I have some pasta with me for lunch and the usual for breakfast. Munched a small banana this morning at home as I woke up quite hungry which is unusual for me

Also have a selection of snacks for the afternoon if needed
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi #80 9/18 hooray! Crumpets and cheese, and some leftover xmas chocolate. I have yogurt and some extra crumpets in case I am hungry. Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • The_Moo
    The_Moo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Soworried wrote: »
    Gammon and mushroom quiche recipe
    pastry
    140 g white plain flour
    140g of wholemeal flour
    140g of butter or margarine
    Pinch of salt

Mix to a breadcrumb consistency and add water a few mls at a time until a dough is formed. Roll it out and fill your greased flan dish. Blind bake for 5 minutes while you beat 4 eggs, a pinch of salt and pepper. Add a grind of black pepper then double the amount with milk.

To your pastry case add whatever you have left over, this one had onion, spring onions, gammon mushrooms and cheese. Pour on the egg mix and bake at 180 for 15 mins then turning up to 200 for 15 mins.
    That makes sure that the base is cooked properly. Then enjoy :)

Thanks so much for this fabulous recipe! I might have a bash at it over the weekend.
  • The_Moo
    The_Moo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 8/16 today for #81

Today's lunch is aubergine and chickpea curry with a slice of wholegrain bread and butter. Banana, clementines. Extra banana for pre-yoga snack.

The curry is from A Girl Called Jack and is fabulous, but needed (IMO) double the amount of spices and a bit of salt added to the recipe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport