PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Chic Shopper club (ex Wally trolley) :)

Comments

• RacyRed
    RacyRed Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    pusscat wrote: »
    Hello there trolley experts!

Does anyone know of a trolley that can be attached to the back of a bike?

we live in a small market town and I usually use my bike to go shopping, I have a basket on the front, but it is not really big enough for anything other than a few items - would LOVE a trolley to do all of my shopping in one go - any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Puss

PS - I am 34 so am trying to avoid the "granny bag" look !!!

Hi Puss :hello:

I think the Andersen range might have what you are looking for. They are European and sometimes show up on Ebay.

I'll have think and see what else I can come up with for you

OK, There are BIKE HODS
    pannier style shoppers
    There is a list HERE, but they don't give details of suppliers

And a cargo cart on Ebay, HERE

And a batch of trailers HERE
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
    Proud to be a chic shopper
    :cool:
  • zztopgirl
    zztopgirl Posts: 676 Forumite
    rach wrote: »
    my friend uses christiana bikes

she puts loads of stuff in including her kids!!! might not be quite what you're looking for but perhaps a good starting point!

I saw someone in Blackpool years ago with a little trailer at the back of a pushbike with 2 kids in it!

But saw this and first thought was...can chuck dh into it and take him shopping whether he likes it or not:T :rotfl:

My parents have just come back from Spain and saw loads of trollies there, they are really cheap too. They were going to drive all the way down (could've got one and put it in back of car), but had to fly instead. So maybe another time! They also saw a lot of people using them:T even saw the Rolser cowprint one!
  • 1sttimer_2
    1sttimer_2 Posts: 728 Forumite
    Love them?
    Looking on ebay and saw a Marketeer Flyer model for £19.99 + £5 postage. Is this a good deal? it hold 14 litres.

How big is the Ikea one studentnurse? That's quite a lot cheaper than this one on ebay.
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • RacyRed
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    I've seen the Ikea one and it is average sized, so would carry a decent shop.

What do those who have one think? Is it quiet? Easy to pack and tow?
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
  • 1sttimer_2
    Love them?
    pusscat wrote: »
    Hello there trolley experts!

Does anyone know of a trolley that can be attached to the back of a bike?

we live in a small market town and I usually use my bike to go shopping, I have a basket on the front, but it is not really big enough for anything other than a few items - would LOVE a trolley to do all of my shopping in one go - any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Puss

PS - I am 34 so am trying to avoid the "granny bag" look !!!

On the Grabbit Board someone has said that Lidl have some Ortlieb cylce pannier clones for £10 - sorry don't know how to pass you across - but you may be interested in this.
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • 1sttimer_2
    Love them?
    Just seen that Aldi are going to do one on Sunday 1/4/07 on their special deals. £7.99 with a choice of coloures - navy/gray tartan/green red/grey. Check out thier website - it looks ok to me.

This might do for me as I can get their easier than Ikea
  • RacyRed
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    Woooohooo! look at THIS great deal Groatie Queen found for this three-wheeler stair-climber

TT2015.jpg£25.84!!

Thank you GQ :A
  • 1sttimer_2
    Love them?
    RacyRed wrote: »
    Woooohooo! look at THIS great deal Groatie Queen found for this three-wheeler stair-climber

TT2015.jpg£25.84!!

Thank you GQ :A

They have one on these on ebay for £23.98 and also a different one for £16.50. Trying to get a photo of it but have no idea how to do it!! :o (I'm a bit of a technophobe really - but I'll keep on trying!!)

Just been back onto ebay and noticed that no-one has bidded for either of these trolleys - and there's quite a few on there - does this tell you anything:confused:
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Have no idea what they are
    ohhh these look nothing like i expected and remebering ny nanna using
    have the joys a buggy (double) at present so wont quite be joining you all yet
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    I have one that I bought a couple of years ago but am still plucking up the courage to be seen out with :rotfl: .

However a query has occured to me - when I go down to the corner shop they only have baskets not trolleys, so how can you carry around the shop a (non-folding) wheelything at the same time as a basket of groceries? Come to think of it the same would apply even with a trolly shop.

It would be good if they designed one with a rack on top to put your supermarket basket on. (I haven't read this entire thread, so apols if such a device has been posted about already - post number would be appreciated if anyone has spotted such).

It might be argued that I shouldn't need a wally trolley for just a basket's worth of shopping, but by the time I've got a bag of spuds and a couple of bottles of lemonade, plus other odds and ends, carrying it up the hill to my house is a bit of a struggle.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport