PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Chic Shopper club (ex Wally trolley) :)

Options

Comments

• rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    yeah its fab!! perfect for me. actually fits loads in, obviously was empty there so looks smaller!! if i tell you that my curtains, sofa, fave fleece, dressing gown and several tops and jumpers are that colour you will see why i love it! :D
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Love them?
    I get 1 whole PINK load a week in my washing machine - OK so it's not a big washer, and therefore I get through 4 loads a week all by myself - but for the last 6 or 7 years my washing has come into the categories of COLOURS, WHITE and PINK :D

I average one load on one appliance per day - i.e. 3 times a week I run the dishwasher, 4 times a week I run the washing machine - :o so the only problem is the fab pink sweater I absolutely LIVE in, but which sheds so much fluff it blocks my washer!
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • rach
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    lol, i tend to wash a load of pinks a week too!!! the other colour i mainly wear is black, so i get through a lot of that too!
  • chergar
    chergar Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in absolute stitches reading some of these posts:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: . I haven't read them all (forgive me) as the thread is so long. My mum has one of these trollies and admittedly I did laugh at her when she got it, however I now really want one (maybe i've finally matured:D ).

When I was little my gran had one and mum would borrow it to take up the street for shopping and she would put me IN it!!! (don't know why she didn't use a buggy:confused: ) and once she got her shopping and folded the 'lid' over i would then sit on the lid all the way home.
  • rach
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    lol. do get one chergar - i am young and pretty trendy and i love mine - if i can do it, anyone can!!!
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks every one for helping me take the plunge and buy a Rolser. I've given up the car for Lent!! and I find I don't miss it.

Mind you, maybe buying half a case of wine and three x 6pints of milk plus the rest of a weekly shop was asking a bit much of it - but we made it home and I felt very pleased with myself
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • RacyRed
    RacyRed Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    :rotfl: :rotfl: Loved the story of you in and on your gran's shopper chergar. Go for it, you will never look back, they make shopping so easy! What colours/styles appeal to you? icon7.gif

1sttimer, did you go to woolies?

Nice one maryb! Welcome to the club :D
    maryb wrote: »
    thanks every one for helping me take the plunge and buy a Rolser. I've given up the car for Lent!! and I find I don't miss it.

Mind you, maybe buying half a case of wine and three x 6pints of milk plus the rest of a weekly shop was asking a bit much of it - but we made it home and I felt very pleased with myself

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Lol! Oh good, I have company, someone else who sincerely believes that if it will fit into a supermarket trolley it will also fit into the shopper.

I think we deserve a book you know, one of the "zen" series, something like "Zen and the art of of packing a shopper" :D

My favorite trick for getting more in is to pack stuff that will give a little, like bags of rice or flour, round the outside and put the bottles and boxes at the back and in the middle. It is amazing how much more I can stuff in there when I do that :cool:

Anyone else got a favorite technique?
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
    Proud to be a chic shopper
    :cool:
  • 1sttimer_2
    1sttimer_2 Posts: 728 Forumite
    Options
    Love them?
    [QUOTE=RacyRed;45951761sttimer, did you go to woolies? [/QUOTE]

Not managed to yet but there's time yet - just doing a bit of junk removal - decluttering - at mo so v.v. busy - May go to Leeds to see if they've got any real funky ones in the bigger stores/market. I love that pink one!

Does anyone ever get elbow pain when you managed to pack so much in and then pulled it home? I wonder if I'm TOO good a packer LOL - my dad was a brickie and taught me well on how to arrange bags/cases etc with goodies so that it is evenly spread and also good usage of space! Only thing is that it's now my job to load the car for our holidays! (As well as packing the cases!)

Has anyone done anything so silly as me tho - I took the trolley to Sainsbury's and used the hand scanner shopped and loaded it up straight into the trolley - I got some looks but hey, who cares, - then got to the check out and had to have a re-scan:mad: :mad: All my packing gone to pieces! Unloaded my trolley and then re-loaded it messily as there was a long queue. I was so p!!!!d off I phoned OH to come and get me and then couldn't lift the thing into the car so had to unload it into the boot and then pack it again to take it into the house from the car :rolleyes: Won't be doing that for again for a while! - at least till I've forgotten about it. :D
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • suzy_g
    suzy_g Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi was thinking of getting a trolly, thought it would help when i went to non supermarket shopping, but i like to shop in supermarkets too, but how do you shop with your trolly in tow and a supermarket trolly, can it clip on the back of a trolly? thanks suzy
  • chergar
    chergar Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am looking for one that can fold up but is quite big and sturdy. I am taking a tip from my mum here so when dd is out with me but gets tired walking she can sit in the trollety and it saves my taking her pram (she's 13 months).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure