PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Chic Shopper club (ex Wally trolley) :)

Options

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love them?
    suzy_g wrote: »
    Hi was thinking of getting a trolly, thought it would help when i went to non supermarket shopping, but i like to shop in supermarkets too, but how do you shop with your trolly in tow and a supermarket trolly, can it clip on the back of a trolly? thanks suzy

I usually just get the largest supermarket trolley and place the shopping trolley in it. If I'm just going in for a few things, just a basket over the arm and take the trolley around with me. Otherwise you could park up your shopping trolley in one of the bays with the keys in, do your shopping and then load up your trolley.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    the Rolser hangs from the hook near the handle on the supermarket trolley without getting in your way too much. Though after my last experience I should probably stick to taking a basket round. Even then I overfill it and can hardly lift it - and that's when I only went in for bread and milk!!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • RacyRed
    RacyRed Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    Hi Suzy g icon7.gif Like Smiley-Mum I also pop mine into the supermarket trolley, it's simplest.
    chergar wrote:
    I am looking for one that can fold up but is quite big and sturdy. I am taking a tip from my mum here so when dd is out with me but gets tired walking she can sit in the trollety and it saves my taking her pram (she's 13 months).

OK, if you want to put DD in it then I think the sack type like the Rolser mountaineer and Rach's Hoppa are out of contention as they would not have the level of stability you need.

So... the plegmatic range might suit? (I love the Marilyn Monroe one)

Or maybe you'd prefer a flat topped one like the Marketeer range so DD can sit on top when it is loaded? But they tend not to fold and they are pretty high so safety would be an issue.

What about the Verco folding four wheelers? Stability and flexibility.

Hmmmm, I'll add anything else I think of for you to this post. icon7.gif
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
    Proud to be a chic shopper
    :cool:
  • Yategirl
    Yategirl Posts: 839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rach wrote: »
    :beer: Rzl

i took mine full of stuff to oxfam the other day, the youngish guy helping in there said, 'can we keep the trolley, its fab?!', i felt very proud!

have just received new digital camera through the post from my mum (one of her shopping channel bargains), so here is my trolley:

PICT0003.jpg

it looks quite small there, its 38L, so smaller than a rolser, but ideal for me as a starter. the handle has 3 positions, that is the middle one, and it cost £14!! :D

Rach - I LURVE your trolley!!!!! :D Could you tell me where you got it from please??

Also.. has anyone got the trolley from IKEA? Just wondering if it is any good? It is apparently £11???

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love them?
    I've come across this website which is selling Cow print Rolser trollies for £50 plus £5 delivery. Anyone ever ordered from them?

http://www.mustget1.com/
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • RacyRed
    RacyRed Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    Smiley_Mum wrote: »
    I've come across this website which is selling Cow print Rolser trollies for £50 plus £5 delivery. Anyone ever ordered from them?

http://www.mustget1.com/

Wow! great find! :T :A
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
    Proud to be a chic shopper
    :cool:
  • studentnurse
    Options
    Love them?
    Yategirl wrote: »
    Also.. has anyone got the trolley from IKEA? Just wondering if it is any good? It is apparently £11???

Hia, Ive got the Ikea trolley and its fab. A really good price at £11
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    i got it from a little independent bag and luggage shop called 'the bag shop' in Boscombe, Bournemouth where i live. i have seen some of the same make, though not exactly the same, in the bag shop in the whitgift centre in Croydon

hope that helps :)
    Yategirl wrote: »
    Rach - I LURVE your trolley!!!!! :D Could you tell me where you got it from please??

Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • pusscat
    pusscat Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    Hello there trolley experts!

Does anyone know of a trolley that can be attached to the back of a bike?

we live in a small market town and I usually use my bike to go shopping, I have a basket on the front, but it is not really big enough for anything other than a few items - would LOVE a trolley to do all of my shopping in one go - any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Puss

PS - I am 34 so am trying to avoid the "granny bag" look !!!
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love them?
    my friend uses christiana bikes

she puts loads of stuff in including her kids!!! might not be quite what you're looking for but perhaps a good starting point!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport