Meter Registration Service ???!!!

Options

Comments

• Hi Guys, so sorry to hear that you are all still having trouble with this lot. To note, I worked for them in quite a capacity, for all of the so called different businesses, all of which are ran under same roof by same members of staff, whether that be broker or energy supplier. And to note I never agreed at any point of their business practices hence my instant dismissal due to my concerns on their business practices.

If you need any information or you have questions and want so help etc just let me know, I do have information, how would you say it, concrete straight from the companies mouth that is at my arms length.

Hope I can help you out where possible, but please be aware that I cant divulge anything personal out as need to stay under the radar.
  • PFMarconi
    Options
    That was a close miss. Just had Billscutter on the line giving me wonderful new rates and offering to transfer my a/c to a different supplier.
    My cynical mind asked for further details when they needed my a/c no. and sort code and a quick check of MSE while on the phone saved me from getting caught up in a contract for the 3 yrs.
    So thanks once more.
    Paul
  • Fishy_business
    Options
    Hi everyone

We are opening a new business and have been hounded for the past two weeks by these people,

But luckily I had fell for there fraud tactics many years ago.

The way to avoid getting caught out by them:-

1, Remember 95% of reputable company's ie, Bt, British gas etc, will never cold call you, they do most of there advertising via, web, tv & mail.

2, When Meter registration ring, don't even give your first name.
    They will try and ask you in stuck a shifty way like "hi bubby, its only CMR what's your name"

3, If they are as good as they sound and reputable as they would like to be, then ask then to send everything in the post, they will again ask for your name, don't give it.
    Just say you obviously got my address so send it in the post.

4, five minutes later a different person will call, just say I'm hanging up, send it in the post "goodbye"

I hope this helps
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

We are opening a new business and have been hounded for the past two weeks by these people,

But luckily I had fell for there fraud tactics many years ago.

The way to avoid getting caught out by them:-

1, Remember 95% of reputable company's ie, Bt, British gas etc, will never cold call you, they do most of there advertising via, web, tv & mail.

2, When Meter registration ring, don't even give your first name.
    They will try and ask you in stuck a shifty way like "hi bubby, its only CMR what's your name"

3, If they are as good as they sound and reputable as they would like to be, then ask then to send everything in the post, they will again ask for your name, don't give it.
    Just say you obviously got my address so send it in the post.

4, five minutes later a different person will call, just say I'm hanging up, send it in the post "goodbye"

I hope this helps

Your advice doesn't appear to work if you really have been "hounded for the past two weeks by these people" :cool:
  • allyssa
    allyssa Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't even mess about with 'send it in the post' just tell them to eff off every time they call. Either that or say "you will have to speak to my boss" and give them the phone number for the local trading standards, the local lawyers or the church of Scientology. ....anything!

When you set up a new business you tend to want it listed in Yell .com or Thompsons Local etc. This is where the problem starts, because they sell your details and phone number to scum like Meter Registry / Commercial Energy / B E S.

Always list the contact person with Thompsons or Yell.com under a false name (mrs Shuttlebum or something equally memorable) then, when you start getting bugged by marketing companies asking for that name you will know where it came from. and to ignore it.
  • CC100
    CC100 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    These also called me at the wrong time a few days ago (hungover on a monday morning :mad:)

I ended up signing up with them, just to get off the phone really.

Few queries though - we are not new tenants (been in office building since 2006) and we are still in contract with Eon. I contacted Eon and they told me they would object any change in contract as we are still in contract with them - case closed??

Also, i have drafted a letter to request a cancellation of any contract, threatening them with solicitors, ombudsman etc but i have no idea who to send it to!!

When i took the call they said they were meter registrations, which led me to this site and BES & Commercial Energy. Ive contacted both of those and they have no record of my company...

Any idea who else it could be? Should i just send my letter to those 2 anyway, just to cover all bases?
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I ended up signing up with them, just to get off the phone really

Your own fault your stuck with them then, isn't it?

One of the things I like about companies like that phoning me it is very easy to get rid of them

I just do some heavy breathing, no speaking, then hang up.

They phone back, same thing.

Repeat indefinitely.

Same with doorstep callers,
    !!!! off then shut door.

Quite easy.
  • CC100
    CC100 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    st999 wrote: »
    Your own fault your stuck with them then, isn't it?

Thanks for that, massive help.

I suppose you've never had an off day? :whistle:

Anyway, its sorted now. All's well that ends well :beer:
  • TRiBe
    TRiBe Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Been receiving calls in the last couple of weeks. Now exdirectory but still getting calls.
    The guy said he was called Aaron Dave. Then he said it was actually Aaron Daniels. He said he was from Utilities Registration, then when asked again he said Commercial Power. I doubt any info he gave is correct.

I'm listening to a 5live podcast
    downloads.bbc........uk/podcasts/5live/5linvestigates/5linvestigates_20120422-2245a.mp3
    as I'm typing. (sorry about the link, forum rules)
    Now I know they are actually Commercial Energy, and from the Utilities Registration Board.

Within 2 minutes I hung up on 5 numbers. They used 01618142006, 01204311006, 01695346006, 01925563006, 01928200006
    Really, really aggressive cold calling tactics. Then when he promised to no longer call after I told him I was with British Gas, I was rung again by 01772924006.
    Notice all numbers end in 006.

Something needs to be done about these people. Maybe OfComm can cut them off or fine them.
  • salesfeed
    Options
    Had a call today from 01420392006 claiming that my documents hadn't been received and that I needed to sign them urgently.

I asked them who they where and they told me 'Utilities Registrations' and that they had been passed details that we had just moved into new premises and they needed our meter numbers in order update the details.

"Registrations you say? I don't understand"

"Well, your landlord has notified us you have just moved in new premises" [address quoted]

"I'm sorry, you sound like a sales company that has just bought a mailing list, what's your company name?"

"No we are not, we are utilities registrations"

"I have been here since 2009, can I have some details from you, what's your full company or organisation name"

"Commercial Power"
    "Is that limited, PLC or LLP?"
    "I dunno"
    "Im sorry, you do not know who pays your wages?"
    "no"
    "I don't think you are being very honest with me"
    "Suit yourself" and hangs up.

I run a legitimate and ethical sales company, its people and organisations like this that tarnish our whole industry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure