Meter Registration Service ???!!!

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• azihunter
    Options
    I've had two calls this morning from 'Meter Registration Service' both from local numbers. After reading through the thread they seem to either have locals phone people so that a local number comes up or they have a service which lets them have a local number for a period of time. either way they couldn't explain exactly what they wanted from me or what they did. We are a small company so don't need any outside services taken care of gas/electricity/ utility comparison. We have asked them twice to remove us from their call list as they are cold calling, but they still carried on saying they are from Meter Registration Service.
    We were laughing in the office at this- we're not that gullible to give out info unless we deal with them or research the ones we want to. As they gave no numbers, website or names after us asking several times, we hung up the first time.
    Second time we told them to take us off the list again and hung up, they still carried on talking!!
  • Cheryl_T
    Options
    I've also had consistent/persistent calls from this person since we switched suppliers with our business move.

Today (07/03/16) I've had 8 consecutive calls & when challenged, the person swore at me down the phone - called me a F**king 4 year old, told me to stop behaving like a F**king child, to do what I was F**king told!!!

This is not acceptable & very scary! How can we stop this person calling!! We no longer have caller display, I can't just not answer the phone, and when we did have caller display the number would change everytime!!
  • neil-uk
    neil-uk Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Cheryl,

As you may have discovered, 'Meter Registrations' is the sales shop front for BES Utilities.

In terms of the calls you've be getting and who from, you may find these articles of use:

http://0lly.uk/2016/03/01/inside-scoop-bes-utilities-brokers-exposed/

http://0lly.uk/2016/02/24/bes-utilities-blogging-buddy/

And for some amusement here:

https://commercialfutilities.wordpress.com/

There is little you can to do stop the calls, as they use regional numbers - so even if you block one number, they're call on another.

My only suggestion would be to allow them to say who they are and where they're calling from - and if it's any of the following, hang up:

- BES Utilities
    - Energy Search
    - Commercial Reduction Services
    - Commercial Energy
    - Meter Registrations
    - Power 4 Business
    - Action Energy

Or indeed, any other energy cold-calling company!
  • Nathan_Leverton
    Options
    'Meter Registrations' have been calling our business constantly the last two says.

It's our business line so we can't not use it and it's going every few minutes from different numbers but its always Meter Registrations (although they sometimes use a different name).

They stick to their scripts and never answer questions about who they are. They evade and lie when I ask about their company and are extremely aggressive.

Have never experienced anything like it. How can they get away with this??
  • Nathan_Leverton
    Options
    More calls off them today lying about my energy supply situation and implying they are an official body :mad:

Found a good breakdown of the scam and people behind it. Try googling "bes-utilities-faces-behind-scam-exposed". That website has LOTS of info about these fraudsters.

Have found articles on different going back almost 10 years!! How do they keep getting away with it?
  • KamilaGradowska
    Options
    Hi All,

Since last few days, all week actually I have phone calls from them. How to stop it? I was very polite with them but now they are annoying. Maybe I should call the police? Isn't it harassment? they are calling 10 times per day now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure