Meter Registration Service ???!!!

Options

Comments

• Thavy81 wrote: »
    I was with Opus and they did the exact same thing to me.

I have a small shop and get constantly over charged. Every morning, I now dred opening my shop. So much hassle to deal with.

I think about it all the time, dont worry though, youll get it sorted. I’m thinking about switching supplier.

Heh, another BES troll :T
  • plucker
    Options
    Had this call today and they tried at least 9 times through our answer machine!

Usual your meter is not registered [give us your number - yeah right!]

Someone seems to have found who they are:

uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/01612105182/page:2
    :T
  • Equidivine
    Options
    Hi everyone I too have had the same issues where they claimed to be another company and illegally duped me into joining their crook company.

In one day I had about 100 calls from sales, I had to call police and still they rang from local numbers and different numbers. They are exceptionally rude and lie! 2 years I have been fighting them and now they cut off my electric even though I have proof I was ill in hospital after childbirth and that I can't pay my bills without the shop being open. They have charged excess amounts of money due to them over charging. The bill they want from me is over £3000 which they refuse to turn on my electric unless I pay full bill. They charged over £600 to disconnect the supply and want to add another £400 on top of bill to reconnect. They have never taken a meter reading and Iv never received a bill yet they have this magic £3000 bill? This company needs to be stopped in the way they trick clients into signing up. They still don't have my correct name yet signed me up? How is this possible?

There are over 140 same reviews about misleading clients by fake phone calls and claiming to be another energy firm and aggressive behaviour. I tried to cancel with my cooling off period and they blank refused me.

Ofgem want to investigate this company so I need as much evidence as possible.

Please visit following links and leave your feedback!

facebook.com/groups/1414720098822730
    Facebook group ' shut down opus energy'

Review centre page
    reviewcentre.com/reviews249511
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Equidivine wrote: »
    Hi everyone I too have had the same issues where they claimed to be another company and illegally... <snip the rest>
    That's now eight times you have posted this today.

Marked as spam.
  • learningtobelost
    Options
    We have been plagued by calls this morning from a company called Select Energy.

I was suspicious during the first call and managed to catch the sales lady in a web of lies, got bored of the call and put the phone down. After the second call, this time from a man, I googled the subject and found this thread.

The company use the same tricks as those mentioned in this thread, unregistered meter, company recently relocated etc.

Having skimmed a lot of this thread (14 pages is a lot for a work day!) I am concerned that the calls will continue. My strategy for now is to obtain as much information as I possibly can about them, but as they seemed unwilling to give me basic details about who the company actually is I don't hold out a lot of hope. They don't seem to be registered with companies house under that name.

Thanks for listening all! ;)
  • neil-uk
    neil-uk Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Select Energy is owned by a man called Lee Qualter/Goulding, also owner of Commercial Energy, and recently owner of Commercial Reduction Services.

Have a listen here:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/5live/5linvestigates/5linvestigates_20120422-2245a.mp3
  • mrs_sparrow
    mrs_sparrow Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    Options
    I have got a new shop and I have been getting calls from these people a lot because of the 'change of tenancy'. Seriously, I had not even got the keys in my hand before they were calling my HOME number.

Then I moved into the shop and the calls started coming there, the first time I did get quite worried, they told me EDF was not going to release me from my contact and they were there to help me, etc.... I told them I was with N-Power now and I would call them and speak to them, they told me that N-Power had refused to take my account on and they could help me today.

I called N-Power and it was BS. Furthermore, because I would have broken my contact by leaving N-Power I would have received a penalty.

But fast forward, these people have pretty much called me all day with no exageration - always the same, very hard pressure, and EDF are refusing to release me from my contract and they can help me.

After 10 calls I did actually have had an argument with the guy who I told where to get off and I hung up on him and he called me back. My shop assistant took the call as I was with a customer and he would not give him name and was pushing her for my PERSONAL MOBILE number and then I took the phone off her and hung it up. Guess what, they called back, I let the answerphone get it and they did not leave a massage.

An hour later and someone from Commercial Support Services called me. I told her to repeat where she was calling from and then told her that I was making a note of all calls from now on I was reporting them to the Ombudsman (which I see I now cannot do) and I would be suing them for harassment.

I have had no further calls.

Until tomorrow I guess.

I have a call blocker on my phone so going to set that up tonight to reject any more of their calls but I have no actual caller ID. The number they are calling from is 0161 2732600 - or in case someone googles it a different way 01612732600 - they are scammers, do not touch them with a bargepole!!
  • mrs_sparrow
    Options
    This morning someone called me and said they were from 'free listings' and wanted to confirm my details for the new business and since then I have had non-stop calls. Just been called by a rubbish and waste collections services. What the hell is going on??
  • mrs_sparrow
    Options
    They are calling themselves the Meter Registration Service in their calls.

No wonder people are confused with all the different names they keep on calling people with!!
  • cybermum
    cybermum Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BES Utilities are conning people left and right. Using their own brokers (not independent ) but misleading the public greatly.
    OFGEM recently fined them almost £1 million. They should be shut down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure